: Not that I need it but...

creeker
11-30-07, 09:54 PM
There's a 1984 buick estate wagon for sale in my area,are you ready?,it's got 8400 miles on it, it's a one owner _(elderly couple) and has been garaged all its life. their asking $2500.00 obo,I'm sure I would find lots of use for it,
does anyone else here own a old station wagon that they find useful?.
Like I said I dont really need it,but it would be something new to play with.
I'm always going to the building supply store and buying and building things.

Rolex
11-30-07, 10:25 PM
:postpics:

creeker
11-30-07, 10:33 PM

Thanks for your input? I guess?.

creeker
12-01-07, 12:00 AM
Thanks for your input? I guess?.

Thanks for dismissing me as useless becuase I cant send pictures with my computer.

Rolex
12-01-07, 12:11 AM
Thanks for dismissing me as useless becuase I cant send pictures with my computer.

Relax Francis I only wanted to see pics of the wagon. Nevermind. :hide: :p

My_favorite_Brougham
12-01-07, 12:15 AM
I have an '83 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser wagon. It's basically the Delta 88 version of the thing you're looking at. Mine has 113,000 miles, though, and still runs fine, despite leaky freeze plugs. For a car that old, that you're looking at, and so few miles, I'd be on the watch-out for lots of sitting. That can be worse to a car than excessive use. Personally, I don't like mine and only bought it for a summer family trip. We looked like hillbillies going down the road, so it was kinda fun and interesting. The folding seats and the rear-facing back seats are cool. But I don't necessarily like mine because it feels flimsier than a strong heavy d-body Cadillac. Remember this is only a b-body car. Still big nonetheless. And since owning mine, I've not grown fond of the enclosed back. The rear window is further away and disorients me when looking in the mirror. This also creates excessive blinds spots that you cant look around, either.

Here's what I say you do. Leave the wagon for wagon buffs and you go get something like a Buick Electra Park Avenue or an Olds 98 (both on d bodies) or better yet, get another big Cad like 1 '92 Brougham or an '86 Fleet. As for me, I'm sellin' my wagon and gettin' another Cad!

AMGoff
12-01-07, 12:20 AM
Wow.. just for clarification, it has 8400 miles on it, not 84000 right?

My_favorite_Brougham
12-01-07, 01:03 AM
Well if it has that few miles, then maybe you could get it and sell it. I see cars in the 10 & 20 thousand mile range selling from $5K-10K, and sub-10k miles cars selling for even more, especially when that old. Pick it up at $2500 and sell for $12500, given the condition reflects the miles. A $10K profit ain't bad at all. ;)

If it's 84K miles, pass it on. You can find wagon cheaper than that!

Destroyer
12-01-07, 01:24 AM
:postpics:Oh man, how rude and over critical is that?. Calling the guys thread useless just cause you wanna see pics of his woody (wagon that is). :stirpot:

Jesda
12-01-07, 02:50 AM

Sense of humor. Get one. :D

My_favorite_Brougham
12-01-07, 03:20 AM
Sense of humor. Get one. :D

The internet is kind of a humor filter so we all look like scrooges. ;)

creeker
12-01-07, 11:43 AM
Wow.. just for clarification, it has 8400 miles on it, not 84000 right?

Yes it's 8400

creeker
12-01-07, 11:49 AM
I have an '83 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser wagon. It's basically the Delta 88 version of the thing you're looking at. Mine has 113,000 miles, though, and still runs fine, despite leaky freeze plugs. For a car that old, that you're looking at, and so few miles, I'd be on the watch-out for lots of sitting. That can be worse to a car than excessive use. Personally, I don't like mine and only bought it for a summer family trip. We looked like hillbillies going down the road, so it was kinda fun and interesting. The folding seats and the rear-facing back seats are cool. But I don't necessarily like mine because it feels flimsier than a strong heavy d-body Cadillac. Remember this is only a b-body car. Still big nonetheless. And since owning mine, I've not grown fond of the enclosed back. The rear window is further away and disorients me when looking in the mirror. This also creates excessive blinds spots that you cant look around, either.

Here's what I say you do. Leave the wagon for wagon buffs and you go get something like a Buick Electra Park Avenue or an Olds 98 (both on d bodies) or better yet, get another big Cad like 1 '92 Brougham or an '86 Fleet. As for me, I'm sellin' my wagon and gettin' another Cad!

Thanks for all your advice,I actually used to own a 90 olds. regency and a 90 olds touring sedan,great cars, I was looking for something to haul light weight stuff around with. What about the buick roadmaster 91-96?.

Tnx.again

hueterm
12-01-07, 12:23 PM

P - M - S A L E R T !! !! !!

Dig out the Midol :suspense:

There are smilies holding up the signs -- IT'S A JOKE...

My_favorite_Brougham
12-01-07, 12:40 PM
Go for the '91-'96 Roadmaster wagon; that's a good choice. Those are little bit sturdier, IMO. And they look nice and have a sky window. Either one of those or a Caprice wagon. Maybe even an Olds CC wagon from that body-style, but I wouldn't recommend it, since the engine options weren't that great. Try for an LT1 machine.

Did Pontiac make their wagon during the whale-body era? Buick and Chevy seem to be the only real contributers to those wagons.

Cadillacboy
12-01-07, 01:22 PM
Whatever you get, enjoy it . I would recommend LT1 ones as well

creeker
12-01-07, 02:01 PM
[quote=My_favorite_Brougham;1312467]Go for the '91-'96 Roadmaster wagon; that's a good choice. Those are little bit sturdier, IMO. And they look nice and have a sky window. Either one of those or a Caprice wagon. Maybe even an Olds CC wagon from that body-style, but I wouldn't recommend it, since the engine options weren't that great. Try for an LT1 machine.

Did Pontiac make their wagon during the whale-body era? Buick and Chevy seem to be the only real contributers to those wagons.

According to one of my car books,it looks like 89 was the last year pontiac made wagons.

hueterm
12-01-07, 04:48 PM
They made a Safari wagon (Didn't Fleetwood96 have one recently?), but not a wagon that was similar to the RM/Caprice/Custom Cruiser.

Of any wagon out there, I think the 94-96 RM LT1 would be the best option.