: Selling Catera.

yellowxhoodie
11-30-07, 12:34 PM
So this is something that i reeeaaallly dont want to do.
But i just cant take it anymore.
The car doesnt run at least once a month, and it sits in my driveway for the weekend.
This is a major inconvenience becuase i need it to get to school and work everyday.
Im thinking about getting a Scion Tc.
While its not the best car out there, im sure itll run forever, seeing as Scion is a division of toyota.
I calculated it, and my payments i will be making on the Tc are only $84 more than what i pay monthly on the Cat.
Yes i will be making payment for longer, but i can live with that if i dont have to repair something every month...
I will miss the Cat...especially the RWD.
But,
the Scion will be a 5 speed. :D

cateraowner
11-30-07, 02:01 PM
man that sux to hear.

well good luck selling her. the way she looks you shouldn't have any problems

yellowxhoodie
11-30-07, 02:10 PM
yea thanks.
just gotta replace the heater control valve first.
then gotta detail the inside and outside,
and of course.
remove all the tints from the lights. (thats gonna be a b****)

Cadi Cat
12-05-07, 07:29 PM
So this is something that i reeeaaallly dont want to do.
But i just cant take it anymore.
The car doesnt run at least once a month, and it sits in my driveway for the weekend.
This is a major inconvenience becuase i need it to get to school and work everyday.
Im thinking about getting a Scion Tc.
While its not the best car out there, im sure itll run forever, seeing as Scion is a division of toyota.
I calculated it, and my payments i will be making on the Tc are only $84 more than what i pay monthly on the Cat.
Yes i will be making payment for longer, but i can live with that if i dont have to repair something every month...
I will miss the Cat...especially the RWD.
But,
the Scion will be a 5 speed. :D

Sorry to hear this.:( But why a Scion? Have you test drove one? I hear they suck! Nothing against your view on it. I'm upset that Gm isn't producing the monte this year :mad:. The 07 SS looks so sweet!

yellowxhoodie
12-06-07, 11:32 AM
well ive heard mixed things as well. but mainly good. Yes i did test drive an 08 Manual Silver tC. I actually like it. The major selling point for me is really the price. Its def, not my number one choice, but for $17,000 you wont find anything like it. 17 inch rims, panoramic sunroof, pioneer sound system w/ direct iPod connect, i really like the features. And its the same engine as the camry, so its a really reliable engine that has been around for a long time. My friend has a Camry w/ 250,000 miles on it and its still running strong, And they are also really cusomizable, thats one thing i didnt like about the Cat, no parts for it anywhere, everything was custom, and there was nothing for performance. The tC can get up to 300HP easily, and i like to work on car, so its about time for me to visit mod hell. haha

cateraowner
12-06-07, 02:40 PM
same engine as a camry? I thought camry's only come in v6's ( not sure about this, don't know anything about camry's)

if the tc was sold in canada I would consider it. but you're right FWD are no fun.

I wuold also consider the dadge charger, cause you guys have the life time warranty. man it would be sweet never having to worry about your car. I'm hoping that comes up to canada too..

have you checked out the lancer? that's a pretty sweet car, they'll be tons of after market EVO parts for it.
and I think it's less than $17000

yellowxhoodie
12-06-07, 02:52 PM
i dont like the new 08 lancers, and if i was to get a lancer it would def be an evo, but i want a brand new car so i know where its been its whole life, and the 08 evos are to expensive and also not as apealing to me as the older ones.