: Rear Dif Brace.

type911
11-29-07, 07:19 PM
In light of recent threads. I am by no means in financial distress. That being said. I can't justify 5k on a new DIF case with two young girls eventually going to college. I came from the IRS Cobra camp who also suffered from a poorly designed rear. Could something like this benefit our rears. It was the fix for my 505rwhp cobra rear.

http://www.billetflow.com/IRSFailure_Case3_Pic002.jpg
http://www.billetflow.com/white-brace.JPG

Custom Gear
11-29-07, 08:00 PM
If thing's go as planned, the cost of a new diff case won't be even close to 5k!!! The first case produced with all the R&D, cmm inspection, matl. research, design, modeling, programming... then, matl purchase, special tooling purchase, ruff machining, finish machining, assy., pattern spread insp.... diss-assembly of test cts-v, installation of test case, then MAJOR CLUTCH DUMPING to make sure the case holds up is what i ment when i said (about 5grand) initial cost is always greater then the end result!!! I'm doing everything I can to reduce cost and still produce a bullet proof case.

type911
11-30-07, 02:43 PM
Seams like a simple design. Has it ever been tried. I have only been around the V for about 6 months.

Fire and Ice
11-30-07, 02:47 PM
Good looking unit. I'd be interested in how much it costs and how well it works. Nice find!

C

onebadcad
11-30-07, 06:11 PM
DTE, a well-regarded maker of rear-ends for the C5 and C6 sells a brace. I do not know how much assistance it offers, but know a few owners who swear by it. Not to be a cynic, but the Cobra probably has a much stronger case than the V.

trukk
11-30-07, 08:13 PM
DTE, a well-regarded maker of rear-ends for the C5 and C6 sells a brace. I do not know how much assistance it offers, but know a few owners who swear by it. Not to be a cynic, but the Cobra probably has a much stronger case than the V.

Unfortunately the DTE brace goes around the entire transaxle (If I recal correctly). Also way back when, a bunch of members here tried to get DTE to work something out for us. Basically they took a look at the diff, and said:

"That carrier is a POS. It would cost way to much for us to make that right, thus there's not really a business acse for us to help you guys. Sorry."

Can't say I blame them, as a small business owner. But it still sucks for us. I sure hope the billet one makes some headway.

-Chris