: New Rear Bushings

theloanman219
11-28-07, 10:18 PM
I got my car back from the dealer late yesterday. I have to tell you. I realize now that the clunk as I disengaged the the clutch was not suppose to be there. I have had the car for a year and have heard that they are very noisey. The changed the bushings in the front of the diff and what a difference. NO clunk at all!:thumbsup:

Gene

Oh BTW they flushed the power steering fluid and that groan is gone.

capt. dan
11-28-07, 11:15 PM
I had mine changed out I think when they did the pinion seal and it made a big difference. Although I have noticed it coming back over time. Its not as solid feeling as it was.

theloanman219
11-28-07, 11:22 PM
Im not sure what they are made out of. But im sure with some long winded sprinted driving they are going to wear out. I can't wait to change the shifter next.

Chef
11-28-07, 11:40 PM
I can't remember how much they were to replace because it had the warranty then.

What's the price now for a new pinion seal and bushings?

Ak Jim
11-28-07, 11:47 PM
I think Luke is working on a poly bushing made by UUC. It should hold up better than the stock one.

theloanman219
11-28-07, 11:53 PM
Chef im not sure it was also under warranty.

LV_V
11-29-07, 01:24 AM
They need to hurry up on some harder bushings. The factory bushings are a joke. If I had the time and the patience I think my V could benefit by replacing each driveline bushing and each motor mount once a month. Oh wait, its been almost that often... God damn I am a sucker ;)

Twitch
11-29-07, 07:29 AM
They need to hurry up on some harder bushings. The factory bushings are a joke. If I had the time and the patience I think my V could benefit by replacing each driveline bushing and each motor mount once a month. Oh wait, its been almost that often... God damn I am a sucker ;)

LOL,,,I really think Caddi missed on the bushings. Better bushings would solve many of our problems. Understandable cus they probably didn't want it feeling too rough.

rand49er
11-29-07, 09:04 AM
... they probably didn't want it feeling too rough.You're absolutely right. Same thing with the lame shifter.

GM should do it right (next time) and be totally unapologetic for it ... we're not the lard-ass old-fart owners expecting a living room on wheels that used to comprise Caddy ownership exclusively.

What?!! This isn't that '09 V thread? :rolleyes:

trukk
11-29-07, 12:14 PM
LOL,,,I really think Caddi missed on the bushings. Better bushings would solve many of our problems. Understandable cus they probably didn't want it feeling too rough.

Heh, this reminds me of this old post:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/67832-differential-problems-huh.html#post625860

-Chris

WheelHop
11-29-07, 09:29 PM
So how did you actually get the dealer to change the bushing?? Seems my local dealer isn't competent enough to listen when I tell the IT'S THE FN BUSHING!

ZEUSROTTY
11-29-07, 09:33 PM
anyone have a pic of the stock diff with the stock bushing?