: Picked up my V and now the Auto Up Windows no longer work

anim8orCTSV
11-28-07, 05:40 PM
I took my V in to have my radio replaced due to the radio button peel (and my Diff was leaking).

I went to pick it up today and the first thing I checked was the steering wheel buttons (to see that they programmed it right).

Of course they did not. I told them and they were not sure what I meant. I let them know that the last time I had the car in they did the same thing. The tech just had to reprogram the computer to recognize the CTS-V radio.

Then the battery died. The said it was bad and had to replace it (under warranty).

Hopped in and the Competitive driving mode did not work. It eventually did.

Finally when I went to drive off I noticed that the auto UP on the front windows was not working. The auto down works but the auto up does not.

I am not sure they actually reprogrammed it for a CTS-V radio (which they did before). All they say they did was reprogram what the buttons did.

Has anyone had this auto up problem before? I have to go to the dealer tomorrow morning and I want to be prepared.

-Paul

RunningOnEMT
11-28-07, 05:44 PM
had it happen to me once, then it came back... wierd

CIWS
11-28-07, 05:46 PM
Yeah I did :D The auto up function is apparently stored in a module in the driver's side door. It gets dumped because of the battery being disconnected (or going dead) To retrain the module it should be roll the driver's side window all the way down, then roll it all the way back up and then hold the switch in the up position for a few seconds and it should lock in. (been a while since I've done it). I can't remember if that takes care of both front windows or if you have to do the passenger side as well.

Black Majick
11-28-07, 06:40 PM
Push and hold button until window reaches down stop, then push and hold button until window reaches up stop. Repeat for each window.

Seattle CTS-V
11-28-07, 07:32 PM
^^Yep. You have to hold it for a couple of seconds in the up position though.

anim8orCTSV
11-28-07, 07:51 PM
Yup. That did the trick.

This procedure should be in the FAQ.

Perhaps there should be a section for all the things you need to "Retrain" when the battery is disconnected (like the auto up and the moonroof).

Thanks All,
Paul

anim8orCTSV

CIWS
11-28-07, 08:09 PM
Thank James at Lindsay Cadillac. He informed me of it after my headers were installed. :thumbsup:

OldRoadDawg
11-28-07, 09:53 PM
This procedure should be in the FAQ.

But . . . it is.
FAQ - Interior - Pg2
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/window.html

CIWS
11-28-07, 10:02 PM
But . . . it is.
FAQ - Interior - Pg2
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/window.html

Nice :thumbsup:

randycsvt
11-28-07, 11:03 PM
What else gets "forgotten" if you disconnect the battery?

How do you make sure the radio is programmed correctly if switched? Is it merely a matter of checking to see if the competitive driving mode functions?

Sorry for the thread hijack.

anim8orCTSV
11-29-07, 01:17 AM
RRRrrrrrr....

I looked and looked and did not see that.

...Me.....Stu.......pid..........Duhh

Sorry guys,
Paul

tedcmiller
11-29-07, 09:54 AM
Those who pointed out that the auto-window function might need to be reprogrammed and the procedure described for doing it are correct. This requirement and the procedure are covered in the factory service manual. For those with no FSM or access to one, I guess this forum is the only recourse.

50 4Ever
11-29-07, 07:07 PM
What else gets "forgotten" if you disconnect the battery?

How do you make sure the radio is programmed correctly if switched? Is it merely a matter of checking to see if the competitive driving mode functions?

Sorry for the thread hijack.

After my bettery died the sunroof wouldn't work until the dealer reprogrammed...

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/sunroofreprogram.html