: EZ Pass black box

Mitch3
05-04-04, 07:53 PM
I had a EZ Pass tag for the front windshield but because of the wiring in the windshield it would not work. They have now given me a black box which goes on the front license plate. Because of the plate holder on my Eldorado I can't mount the box the way EZPass tells me to do it. I should mention that I have a 94 Eldorado and live in New York State. They say it has to mount at the top of the plate. I think it would be better at the bottom of the plate. Has anyone experienced this situation and how did you get around it ? Gotta say it sure doesn't enhance the look of the car. Bad enough I have to have a front plate but now I have a black box and a plate. I do enough Thruway driving that I really want the EZPass convenience.

JJhomer83
05-04-04, 08:12 PM
i have an easy pass and i don't have it in the window it stays in the glove box and i pull it out when needed i dont like the look of it

CoupeDevilleRob
05-05-04, 06:22 PM
I leave mine in the glove box too. People 'round here used to smash windows and steal them off the windshield. Plus it looks ugly.

As for the black box Mitch, I've seen people put them on the top of the dashboard on the drivers side, maybe this will help.