: Coolant Light?

yellowxhoodie
11-28-07, 12:24 PM
So the other night i had my car parked in my friends driveway for some time. We were sitting in the car talking and it was on the whole time. All of the sudden my idiot light for my coolant comes on. The Engine temp has not changed at all and is still constantly around the halfway mark. I do not notice any weird smells or puddles under the car....Is there a sensor that may need to be replaced? Any help is much appreciated.

10KTGOLD
11-28-07, 02:30 PM
Coolant sensor in the reservior. when on a hill it might have came on caus eyour alittle low on coolant

yellowxhoodie
11-28-07, 02:47 PM
yea i already thought of that because when i drove away it went off, but now evertime i turn the car on, the coolant light come on after a couple minutes and doesnt turn off. So can i replace just the sensor or do i need to replace the whole reservior?

10KTGOLD
11-28-07, 05:33 PM
sensor , or add coolant lol. or take the wires from the sensor and twist them together

stylingZ
11-30-07, 11:28 PM
I just had this same problem. I kept an eye on the coolant and it was never low. The sensor is in the bottom of the reservoir and you indeed have to purchase the whole tank. The stealership charged $70.00 and installing it myself was a snap. I thought it was better to have a warning light just in case I really lost coolant so I never opted to go the crossed wire route. ;)

yellowxhoodie
12-01-07, 01:27 PM
well, im glad i didnt replace the tank, if you read my other thread, "Coolant Now Leaking" youd know that my heater control valve went bad shortly after the light came on...so turns out there actually was a real problem not just a bad sensor