Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Naf 
#1 ·
Hey,

Ok the news is out we all know now there is a Diff and transmission cooler for The V...But who has got the scoop on an aftermarket RAD? I searched the forum and i got pages of leaks, and no Extra large RAD for better cooling?

#3 ·
Naf is in Kuwait, so I'm sure he could use a bit of extra cooling.

I seem to recall that one of the tuner V's had a Ron Davis radiator (http://www.rondavisradiators.com) They don't list the CTS(v) as a supported OEM replacement kit. It might be worth contacting them, to see if they've already done one. I bet it would be fairly pricy.

Naf, If you do get one made, you should try and get one with an integrated Power steering cooler, and possibly oil or tranny cooler as well. Bonus points if it is about 2" lower than stock, to allow for an Over The radiator Cold Air Intake (OTR-CAI).

Good luck,

Chris

#6 ·
<SNIP>
I bet it would be fairly pricy.
</SNIP>
I checked with Ron Davis last year when my V was in the shop for a leaking factory radiator. The dealer could not get one at that time for 2 months!:bighead:

Anyhow, Ron Davis would build one for $1600, which was with no coolers for oil or trans.

I'm sure the price would still be about the same.

Heh, guess I was right :D

-Chris

#5 ·
I checked with Ron Davis last year when my V was in the shop for a leaking factory radiator. The dealer could not get one at that time for 2 months!:bighead:

Anyhow, Ron Davis would build one for $1600, which was with no coolers for oil or trans.

I'm sure the price would still be about the same.

#9 ·
Dont we have transmission lines going to the radiator? I thought all manual cars did.

#11 ·
True, got a little mixed up.

#12 ·
Now that Nels has so kindly paid the "set up fee" :worship: I guess I could try calling Mitch at BeCool and see if he'll do a Group Buy for us.

He did a long term buy for my Impala brothers a couple years ago and still honors it. Built in oil and tranny cooler. Real nice piece. Lowered my twin turbo 383 stroker operating temps by 15-20 dF.

BeCool is the shiznits.:cool2:

#14 ·
^^ really don't think we need em though......oil was the only thing I was worried about on the track.
I beg to differ. If you're really pushing the car to the limits (really) then you'll need all cooling systems like oil, tranny/diff, steering and a bigger/better rad.

Most of us think we can push our cars to the limits but in reality we push them for "our limits"...

Put a pro driver in your car and you'll have everything overheating within 4-5 laps.

#17 ·
Well sittin here in traffic during the day with the AC on overheats my tahoe...

I havent started to race down the highway at above the posted speed limits, not to mention we have plenty of sand and dust which also lessens the efficience of the coolers....I will look into all your suggested sellers and see what is at best value for me...

Thank you again for all the info

Naf

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.