: How do I remove the seat cover

Twitch
11-27-07, 10:38 PM
Hey guys
A couple weeks ago my girlfriend broke my seat sensor. She's only about 105 pounds but when she jumped in the car to give me a hug, I think she landed on the seat cushion with her knee and broke something. The service airbag message comes on, and I noticed that the car does not warn you if the passenger is not wearing a seat belt. I guess its the pressure sensor.
Anyway, I hate going to the dealer for every little thing, so I tried to look at it myself. Got the leather cover 3/4 off, but stopped at the power seat controls. They probably just pop out but I didn't want to put too much pressure on them until I was sure.
How do I remove the seat control knobs and the plastic around them. Also, any advice on the sensor? Nothing looked broken from what I saw so far.
Thanks

Tony

z06bigbird
11-27-07, 10:39 PM
Send pics.

LOL

Twitch
11-27-07, 10:42 PM
Send pics.

LOL

WOW That was quick,,,,the lil girlfriend or the seat?

DILLIGAF
11-27-07, 10:46 PM
Both

darkman
11-27-07, 11:01 PM
Well I am looking at the service manual and apparently the knobs can be pryed off with a blade. The remaining plate is held on by retainers that require squeezing on the underside.

The service manual also states that you should disable Zone 7 and Zone 9 of your airbag system BEFORE messing around with the seat. That involves removing two fuses under the back seat, and requires a reenabling procedure.

You may want to invest in a set of service manuals.

Twitch
11-27-07, 11:11 PM
You may want to invest in a set of service manuals.

I plan to. Cool, I thought so, but didn't want to force anything.
Any good place to get the manual?

Twitch
11-27-07, 11:13 PM
Both

Some of you guys are no help :tisk:

darkman
11-27-07, 11:28 PM
I plan to. Cool, I thought so, but didn't want to force anything.
Any good place to get the manual?

Helminc.com, $135.00 for the three (big) volume set.

Twitch
11-27-07, 11:35 PM
Helminc.com, $135.00 for the three (big) volume set.
I have the three books for the seville. Your not kidding when you say BIG.
Thanks D