: is this a good price for a V??

04whiteSMG
11-27-07, 10:27 PM
Hey guys i have just been lurking around the forums for a while just gathering some info on the V's because that is going to be my next car. Right now i have an '04 M3 that im trying to sell, well in the meantime i came across a dealership with an '05 cts V black on black NAV DVD fully loaded with 7800miles, the guy at the dealer said he will let it go for 31,500. To me i think it is a great deal on a super clean '05 V with Low Low miles, the car still has warrenty for 1 year and 7 months! (of course i will kill that by putting a maggie in it) but anyway what do you guys think about that price?

TampaV
11-27-07, 11:04 PM
I just sold my silver 05 with 26,000 miles for $34,000. Mine was perfect and had the following mods:

- UUC shifter
- Zoomers exhaust
- Stock wheel, tire, jack for spare
- Red Corvette fuel rail covers
- Carbon fiber strut tower brace
- New Goodyear GS-D3 tires
- Autovation aluminum pedals
- Window tint
- Skip shift eliminator
- New 06 diff.

I think $31,500 is a very fair price for those low miles. I'm sure many will tell you that's way too much, but if the car is clean, I think that's a good price.

Enjoy!!!!

Chuck
11-27-07, 11:09 PM
That's seems pretty close. I just bought an '04 with 16,600 miles (with brand new OE tires) for $28,500. I would probably offer them a grand less just to see where it goes. Good luck.

Chuck

SkullV
11-28-07, 12:15 AM
Bought an 05 last year with 4k on it for 33k....it has warranty til 10-2010...i would say look for a better deal or invest in the extended warranty...even if you are putting on the maggie u might be able to find a dealer that doesn't mind

sy1172
11-28-07, 11:41 AM
Get the dealer to through in a warranty and yes, it's a great deal. Even without, it's good for that mileage.

sy1172
11-28-07, 11:43 AM
I just sold my silver 05 with 26,000 miles for $34,000. Mine was perfect and had the following mods:

- UUC shifter
- Zoomers exhaust
- Stock wheel, tire, jack for spare
- Red Corvette fuel rail covers
- Carbon fiber strut tower brace
- New Goodyear GS-D3 tires
- Autovation aluminum pedals
- Window tint
- Skip shift eliminator
- New 06 diff.

I think $31,500 is a very fair price for those low miles. I'm sure many will tell you that's way too much, but if the car is clean, I think that's a good price.

Enjoy!!!!

How'd you get so much for it? I would sell my 05 with 22K mint for $30K if someone wanted it (with Corsa). Well done!

TampaV
11-28-07, 12:38 PM
How'd you get so much for it? I would sell my 05 with 22K mint for $30K if someone wanted it (with Corsa). Well done!

The buyer was interested in getting a car that had been well cared for and serviced. I went through all of the things I had done with the car's maintenance and fixes for all of the known issues.

He was pleased with the level of care I had provided and comfortable with the history of the car. Rather than take the risk of purchasing a car from a dealer with unknown history, it was worth it to him to buy my car at the price I wanted. He is happy and so am I.

04CTSVforMe
11-28-07, 12:40 PM
Buy my '04! Still got some warranty to last you until the maggie install. Add in the classifieds...$27,500 obo. :bouncy:

m32V
11-28-07, 12:55 PM
Sold my 02 Silver SMG M3 and bought a 05 Silver V a month and a half ago. Seems like a fair price. I bought my V for $27,000 with 40k miles with certified preowned warranty and Corsa exhaust.
Btw, it took me a long time to sell my M3. I got a lot of hits but they were all from people who couldn't get financed. I got lowballed a lot from guys that couldn't afford it. My advice is hold out for a good price, the car is worth it. Took me about 6 months to sell mine. But I could have sold it for $3,000 less the first week I listed it.

sy1172
11-28-07, 01:42 PM
How would you two previous M3 owners compare the CTS-V to the M3? I love M3's and may consider going that way next.

04whiteSMG
11-28-07, 09:31 PM
m3 is great but sounds like crap, but handles great and looks good too, but i need to get myself back into american muscle tried euro cars and they just dont do it for me. Hey M32V, i have been also getting low ball offers but i have a super clean alpine white with red leather 2004 nav smg fully loaded with 12k miles, car is mint i am asking 39k firm and i dont think that is an unreasonable offer, but i have had some interest but nobody is coming up with the $$$$$$

Jschmank
11-28-07, 09:54 PM
I traded my 05 Black V with 23800 mi earlier this month. My old V, which is in perfect shape is listed at $29995 by the dealer now. All stock except chrome OEM wheels, never had any problems. I assume it could be bought in the $28 to $29 range.

m32V
11-28-07, 09:57 PM
How would you two previous M3 owners compare the CTS-V to the M3? I love M3's and may consider going that way next.
M3 Pros
For me the M3 was kind of love at first drive. The steering is very communicative, the interior quality is very well built. When I sold mine you'd be hard pressed to tell that anything in the interior was even used. The handling is neutral and amazingly linear in feel. The handling is extremely forgiving and suspension just seems like it must have been tuned and refined 1000 times to get such a great balance and feel. The suspension feels less harsh than the V and going over a bump feels stiff but a little less jarring. The engine is smooth and responsive and eager to rev. It loves living at high rpms and by feel and sound it's hard to tell the difference between 2000 and 6000 rpms. The diff is like magic, when you launch you can feel it adjusting the torque between the wheels. I really think the rear is the reason it gets a 0-60 time of 4.8sec. From a slow roll a LS2 GTO would usually pull about a car length on me right away and slowly pull ahead a little more through 2nd. But the M3 will pull ahead by the end of 3rd and keep pulling after that. Not sure if it's a function of gearing and the high redline (8000rpm) or aerodynamics but over 100mph i stayed dead even with a c5 z06 until we shut down. Overall the V feels just as solid structurally but not as high quality materials wise or as well built.

M3 cons
Compared to the V the low end torque is quite lacking. Actually the torque is always lacking (269 lb-ft). In order for the car to feel fast you have to be in the right gear. If you are going 40 in 3rd gear and stomp it, be prepared for a v6 altima to pull on you until the rpms rise. If you like that pin you back in your seat feeling then you need to look elsewhere. The brakes are adequate, but the V brakes are way better in both feel and fading. It's not hard to get the M3 brakes to fade, but they do so progressively. The m3 nav is worthless and after using it in a friends car I made sure to find a car without it. The M3 paint is extremely soft and drying the car with a soiled towel has been known to cause swirls in darker colored m3's finish. I bought the SMG tranny cause I hated the light clutch feel ( clutch pedal actually has a damper on it that makes the pedal rise up slowly) and thought the shifter felt rubbery on the standard. V has a similar rubbery shifter but the clutch is tons better. Exhaust is raspy and sounds like a supercharged weedeater. Aftermarket exhaust fixes that but costs $1500 and some have dynoed less torque after installing. M3 Has almost no mod potential (outside of forced induction). You are getting 333hp from a 3.2 liter NA motor. So there is not much room for improvement. The price of M3 parts is astronomical, but the car proved pretty reliable for me.

04CTSVforMe
11-28-07, 10:07 PM
Really...you should buy mine. :)

04whiteSMG
11-28-07, 10:16 PM
how many miles

04whiteSMG
11-28-07, 10:16 PM
and what are you asking? plus i would have to ship to NY..but i didnt really want to get an '04

04whiteSMG
11-28-07, 11:06 PM
hey guys what do you think about these cars on ebay...they are somewhat local i live in NY..the first one seems kind of beat up from the pics..keep in mind i might have a deal for one in FL for 31,500 blk/blk 7800 miles 2005, the shipping would cost like 600

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-CTS-Fun-Toy-Car-2005-Cadilac-CTS-V-6spd-Nav-DvD-On-Star_W0QQitemZ300176840147QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item 300176840147

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-CTS-CTS-V-CTS-V-NAVIGATION-ONLY-24000-MILES_W0QQitemZ280178278605QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m280178278605

Jschmank
11-28-07, 11:22 PM
Pricing on the second one seems right to me, maybe even a bit left go negotiate. Assuming the repair record is clean, car looks in good shape with new tires. I would add a warranty which probably add $1500 or so. F1 tires wont get you around good on snow, so if you are planning to drive all year, you should consider all seasons or snow tires. I dont think you are going to do too much better than this price wise for an 05 in good shape with these or lower miles.

04whiteSMG
11-28-07, 11:31 PM
yes it seems to be a good price and in the snow i will be driving my truck, here is the car in FL that the dealer wants 31,500 for i am leaning towards this car because it looks super clean and he said when it comes if it does not meet my expecations he will refund the full amount and give me $1000 in cash, the car has 7800miles

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-CTS-CTS-V-1OWNER-2005-CADILLAC-CTS-V-HOT-ROD-CADI-MINT-1-OWNER-L-K-SAVE_W0QQitemZ170173708102QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item 170173708102

Jschmank
11-28-07, 11:46 PM
Looks great. I would negotiate in an extended warranty and at that price, you will have a good buy.

azcomrob
11-29-07, 01:54 AM
To me i think it is a great deal on a super clean '05 V with Low Low miles, the car still has warrenty for 1 year and 7 months! (of course i will kill that by putting a maggie in it) but anyway what do you guys think about that price?

if its a Caddy dealer and you want to pay through the nose you might be able to get the dealer to supercharge it and keep your warranty.

blown03
11-29-07, 04:29 PM
hey i have a 05 V i am selling with or without the ext warranty.. i want 29,500 with a warranty to 85,000 or 2012 or 26500 with the warranty till 50,000 its silver let me know if your intrested it was just on Ebay but its on Autotrader now.. and i am in Michigan so we can workout shipping. thanks Louie

m32V
11-29-07, 05:39 PM
m3 is great but sounds like crap, but handles great and looks good too, but i need to get myself back into american muscle tried euro cars and they just dont do it for me. Hey M32V, i have been also getting low ball offers but i have a super clean alpine white with red leather 2004 nav smg fully loaded with 12k miles, car is mint i am asking 39k firm and i dont think that is an unreasonable offer, but i have had some interest but nobody is coming up with the $$$$$$

It may take a while but you should be able to get that. I'd say $36,000 for a quick sale. My only disappointment with the V so far is that it has so much mod potential but has so many mechanical issues that it makes me afraid to mod it. I'm sure I won't be able to resist the mod temptation for long.