: Autocheck Disqualified my V

CrashCadillac
11-27-07, 05:03 PM
I knew when I bought the V two years ago that it had been “lemoned” for a sun roof leak. I’ve had no problems with the car whatsoever – (no leaks) just a terrific reliable ride.

I went to my dealer to see what they would give me on a trade-in and they handed me the report “disqualified!” Why? The fact that the car was lemoned wasn’t enough. When GM took the car back, they apparently entered a wrong odometer reading (71,952) with the Motor vehicle department. The V was lemoned within the first year. The car has only 18,600 miles on it now – so that throws up a flag. Here is the VIN: 1G6DN57S440172595.

Anyone know how to correct an error like that? The dealer tells me NOBODY will touch the car with that kind of a report. The Cadillac repair history shows odometer reads for service to be in perfect sequential order (no odometer tampering).

Maybe I should just keep this V forever ….at this point, I don’t think I have a choice.

heavymetals
11-27-07, 05:34 PM
Good luck getting the mileage fixed.

I have heard of it being done, but it will still show up on CARFAX and the like.

You may need to sell it private party and forget trading it in.

rand49er
11-27-07, 06:05 PM
... sell it private party ...Normally, you'd get more $ doing it this way anyway.

However, with that odometer mess, all bets are off. What a mess!

CrashCadillac
11-27-07, 08:56 PM
An ironic twist to the Autocheck report is what it doesn’t show.

A few weeks after I brought the car home, I shifted too quick while still in a curve and hit the curb going sideways. Did $12,000 in damage to the drive train and suspension. Because there was no police report (no injuries, no other cars involved), there is no record of this accident on the Autocheck report.

heavymetals
11-27-07, 09:05 PM
OOPS!

I was always taught not to shift either in or going out of a turn.:eek:

darkman
11-27-07, 09:10 PM
OOPS!

I was always taught not to shift either in or going out of a turn.:eek:

Me too. And on a fast sport bike the mistake can be lethal.

z06bigbird
11-27-07, 10:42 PM
I need to remember some names when I get in the market for a used car.

LOL

z06bigbird
11-27-07, 10:43 PM
I have wondered if dealers in small towns run car faxes???