: Billet steel differential case update.

Custom Gear
11-27-07, 01:16 PM
Here we go gentleman!!! i'm just about ready to start cutting. a couple of mods on the 3d model (cooling fins on the lower back side, tap hole locations for the after market cooler) If you guys have any other things in mind... let me know A.S.A.P.!!! I'll post more next week with some more pics!!!
:thumbsup:

The Tony Show
11-27-07, 01:21 PM
If the cost is reasonable, this will be huge for you.

That being said, please be sure to become a Supporting (Authorized) vendor here on the forums before posting any information on price or how to contact you. We are a fiercely loyal bunch to the man who started this forum, and will not support someone who doesn't go through the proper channels when trying to make a profit.

I'm hoping this works and you become a vendor, because it will be mutually beneficial to the V Owner community and yourself.

onebadcad
11-27-07, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the update, as TTS said, you have our interest.
If you need more than one Project Car, let me know, I can 'test' your product beyond its engineered limits:cool2:.

rand49er
11-27-07, 01:47 PM
Uh-h-h ... dumb question here ...

What's involved? Give you money, receive this case, then swap the guts from our old diff into this case?

(This is indeed exciting!)

Somebody say, "project car?"

theloanman219
11-27-07, 01:50 PM
I have seen Darren play around and pull just a little sideways in 2nd in the mall parking lot! :)

He would be a great candidate for a sponsership.....

And as Tony said you need to become a supporting vendor and you will do well.

PS how is the price??

Gene

ZEUSROTTY
11-27-07, 01:53 PM
Price, Price, Price!!!

Custom Gear
11-27-07, 02:40 PM
First of all!!! what do I need to do to become a supporting member???

The Tony Show
11-27-07, 02:43 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/subscribe.html

You'll need to look at the "Vendor" subscription to advertise products or services on the forums.

Flyboy
11-27-07, 03:03 PM
(This is indeed exciting!)

Yes it is......I AM a buyer......with "fair" pricing.

Kingpin08
11-27-07, 03:08 PM
~suscribe~ warranty almost up, need this asap!

possible suggestion- how about a built in tab for a pinion support, like BMR's

lunarx
11-27-07, 03:26 PM
Please keep us posted.
This is great stuff.

I am glad you are doing the cooler taps.
What thread will they be?

Black Sunshine
11-27-07, 03:54 PM
Man PLEASE!!!

Excellent work. You've got some more support.

Custom Gear
11-27-07, 04:29 PM
What does the pinion tab look like??? BMR makes a beefier bushing that reduces wheel hop. On the case i've designed, I increased the wall thickness where the bushing fits, from 5/16" to 1/2".

heavymetals
11-27-07, 04:30 PM
If you haven't already, you might post this info on the CTS forum also.

Custom Gear
11-27-07, 04:33 PM
i'm going to have to buy a cooler in order to get the specs needed to add them to my design

heavymetals
11-27-07, 04:36 PM
Talk to Luke at LINDSAY.

type911
11-27-07, 04:39 PM
Soooo Excited!!!!! subscribing.

Custom Gear
11-27-07, 04:41 PM
do you have a link to their web site heavy???

heavymetals
11-27-07, 05:21 PM
pm sent

Link to their website is at right of page

Custom Gear
11-27-07, 05:35 PM
I found What I needed!!! list price $2084.00 p/n 25534463!!!WOW!!!
I saw a couple of pics. It looks like the line is coming out of the drain plug and the pump is mounted to the rear frame cross support. What tap holes would be needed to my case design???

Custom Gear
11-27-07, 05:53 PM
where exactly are the cases failing??? I"ve personially seen 2 cases and both of the failed in the front where the bushing mounts. have you seen anywhere else???

Twitch
11-27-07, 06:15 PM
Deff wanna see how this works out.

So,,,,when you starting on the 100% anti wheelhop solution :thumbsup:

Custom Gear
11-27-07, 06:44 PM
one thing at a time twitch... one thing at a time!!!
I think the reason these cases are tweaking is cause of the wheel hop. once we have a case that will withstand any wheel hop, or 100 redline side steps, we'll find the next weakist link in the assy. then and only then can we move on to the next problem. This is the price we have to pay when our "foot" is heavier than our entire body!!!!

heavymetals
11-27-07, 07:09 PM
Custom Gear: "I found What I needed!!! list price $2084.00 p/n 25534463!!!WOW!!!"

Welcome to MOD HELL.:histeric:

Twitch
11-27-07, 07:10 PM
one thing at a time twitch... one thing at a time!!!
I think the reason these cases are tweaking is cause of the wheel hop. once we have a case that will withstand any wheel hop, or 100 redline side steps, we'll find the next weakist link in the assy. then and only then can we move on to the next problem. This is the price we have to pay when our "foot" is heavier than our entire body!!!!

lol Take your time

DILLIGAF
11-27-07, 08:55 PM
Damn dude!This looks promising,your case,luke doing a gp on the guts.I just might spank it

lunarx
11-27-07, 09:08 PM
I found What I needed!!! list price $2084.00 p/n 25534463!!!WOW!!!
I saw a couple of pics. It looks like the line is coming out of the drain plug and the pump is mounted to the rear frame cross support. What tap holes would be needed to my case design???

I have this cooler.
I can send you the install instructions if you PM me your email.

The kit uses AN6 fittings on all the lines.
To connect lines to the case, custom made metric-AN6 adapters are used.

IMO - You would not want to plumb the lines as the kit does.

I think it would be best if you added new AN6 taps for the exit and return line and left the existing drain and fill plugs as they are.
That would make it easier to drain and fill the diff without having to disconnect lines.

Kingpin08
11-27-07, 09:13 PM
i've seen leaks and blown cases on the side seals where the axle shafts go in

lunarx
11-27-07, 09:14 PM
Damn dude!This looks promising,your case,luke doing a gp on the guts.I just might spank it

Guys, when you swap cases that is a great time to upgrade to the corvette clutch packs, and have the gears micropolished and cryo treated.

I have the Corvette clutch packs and Cryo gears/case and and it's great so far.

When I get this new case, I want to also swap to 4:10 gears. :bouncy:

CTSV_Rob
11-27-07, 10:00 PM
Nice........

Boy, I can't wait to see how this shakes out!

BTW, The CTS-VR team did something with the cups as well. I am going to shoot an email to find out what else they did and I will let you know if your curious.

bjohnso0
11-27-07, 10:41 PM
IMO - You would not want to plumb the lines as the kit does.

I built my own kit and modified a couple of drain plugs I picked up at a parts house. I agree that using the drain and fill plug holes makes it difficult and messy when servicing the diff.

I think it would be best if you added new AN6 taps for the exit and return line and left the existing drain and fill plugs as they are.
That would make it easier to drain and fill the diff without having to disconnect lines.[/quote]

You should just need a pipe thread hole toward the bottom of the case for the pump suction line and another the same height as the fill plug hole on the opposite side.

That $2k for a cooler kit is CRAZY!!!!!:cookoo:
Built mine for less than $500, just have to do your homework.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/94063-diff-cooler.html
I'm thinking about changing to a bigger cooler with an electric fan that is thermostatically controlled.

Enough of that though, I'm in on the case project!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Florian
11-27-07, 11:02 PM
good luck to all...this is a great opportunity.

F

StealthV
11-27-07, 11:05 PM
Most failures of the cases are not occurring like the one shown above that broke off the front mount.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Mike/Movies/StarshipTroopers.jpg

STAGEUP
11-27-07, 11:35 PM
The test car would have to be one that sees the DRAG STRIP on weekends. (cough) Me (cough)

Drag racing would be the ultimate test for this new steel case

trukk
11-28-07, 09:18 AM
Guys, when you swap cases that is a great time to upgrade to the corvette clutch packs, and have the gears micropolished and cryo treated.

I have the Corvette clutch packs and Cryo gears/case and and it's great so far.

When I get this new case, I want to also swap to 4:10 gears. :bouncy:

Torsen and Quaife 'guts' are also an option. I know the Quaife runs about 1500, and they rate it at ("Well we don;t provide a max Trq rating, because other stuf will definately break before this part.")

I am very interested in this case. Add in some '06+ half shafts, and it will be fairly stout. I already have a KarsIII, to take care of most of the wheel hop. Now we'll just need some better cradle bushings.

-Chris

The Tony Show
11-28-07, 10:15 AM
Most failures of the cases are not occurring like the one shown above that broke off the front mount.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Mike/Movies/StarshipTroopers.jpg

You're killin' me, man..... :lol:

onebadcad
11-28-07, 10:35 AM
A few of us may be wondering how we can afford this much-needed upgrade.
Here is my foolproof plan:

1) Do not mention this monies needed for this upgrade to spouse, your V probably has already been mentioned in coversations regarding family budgeting and how to afford nicer vacations
2) Advise her that this coming Saturday will be a romantic evening, be sure to contact your Canadian or Mexican pharmacy of choice if you are currently dependent on such
3) Pick up some potpies or BBQ wings from KFC to get the evening started (you can also get the whipped potato flakes, but the cole slaw is a luxury you can skip-one must stay budgeted in order to mod the V
4) Go by any discount liquor store and pick up a bottle of Mad Dog or Boone's Farm wine (do not pay more than $3.99 for the jug, as there are bargains out there-again, one must stay budgeted in order to mod the V
5) Tivo some Oprah and Dr. Phil earlier in the week and watch a marathon of both on Saturday night-avoid any episode that deals with selfish men and their toys
6) Grab the Wedding Album, and even though gravity has been cruel through the years, let her know she is more beautiful than ever-avoid all conversation regarding plastic surgery at this time, as this will surely lead to the V being sold for silicone and botox, I love the wifey but I will be damned if I will rely on public transportation just so her eyelids can look less droopy
7) After 'the act', lull her to sleep with some more cheap wine and serenade her with some classic Willie (that's Nelson for you young ones who did not know that Country and Western are the only two types of music worth a damn)
8) Your ticket to 5,000rpm clutch dumps and stomping AWD Evos is replacing the diamonds in the wedding band with diamelles or CZs. If you are really brave, check for gold fillings also, as gold is over $800.00/ounce

Trust me, it works, well kind off, as I am now upgrading the wifey's ring due to she caught me and I had to explain that I was in the process of upgrading her stones due to our love has grown exponentially through the years.

Good Luck my brethen, get back to us with your success stories.

rand49er
11-28-07, 11:36 AM
... check for gold fillings ...:histeric:

(This is easier if she snores. :highfive:)

trukk
11-28-07, 12:05 PM
:histeric:

(This is easier if she snores. :highfive:)

Or if she's just a mouth breather.

-Chris

Jon
11-28-07, 12:55 PM
Going to watch for this...

Black Majick
11-28-07, 05:17 PM
I have some different breakage pics I'll dig up and post, Stealth is right, the ones I've seen were not broken at that forward mount point.

Black Sunshine
11-29-07, 07:12 AM
Has anyone tried steel straps to reinforce the exterior of the case?

Black Majick
11-29-07, 09:58 AM
Someone brought that question up a while back, and I wondered the same, like they do for the Vettes. Someone had a reason that it wouldn't work, and I can't remember what that was, or if it was ever validated. I haven't heard of anyone actually attempting it.

Chef
11-29-07, 10:15 AM
:highfive:

Now this is a thread that has some bite. It certainly isn't about nav buttons - Thank Gawd...

I saw the article on my car for L&E and the only real hit was of course our diffs but did mention that there needs to be someone out there developing one. Article will be out in 2-3 months.

Project car?:cool2: :bouncy:

This looks very good indeed:highfive:

pm me if you need a project car....

Nutz
11-29-07, 05:11 PM
I am the owner of the V that has started business and funding with custom gear to make the new billet steel diff housing. We are also using my car as the test mule, and before I launched my original case there was an anodized gold and urethane bushing in place, this car did not wheelhop before I launched the case and would like to know who makes this bushing? I will need another donor bushing for my test mule. It will required with the new diff simply because I believe it works well. Guys, you can expect alot of abuse to take place, and research on weights and temperature changes. I also intend to try to break this case. I will probably do damage elsewhere on my car. Oh well... I see incredible cars like Chef's and know how important this is. I suffered NON-WARRANTY breakage at 59k miles just 12 days after owning this car and absolutely despise the fact that I must shift like a wuss every time I drive it now. Hang in there for pricing... It's not cheap or easy to do this. But rest assured, "Custom Gear" IS THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THIS TASK!! :yup:
I'm not here often, but, I'll be back soon.
For past proof of my abuse, check out youtube. Search "grand national doughnut". (And click "more from this user" also). Feel free to submit SHORT but helpful suggestions throughout this thread. Thanks.

heavymetals
11-29-07, 05:23 PM
How about becoming a supporting member if your gonna shill for a vendor?

The Tony Show
11-29-07, 05:37 PM
:yeah:

Nutz
11-29-07, 06:43 PM
ask.com definition:

shill (shĭl)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slang [Perhaps short for shillaber.]

noun
One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.

Geez, never heard of that bushing...
I am insulted. I have taken MY time and MY money to create something that this car needs and its owners may desire as much as I do. But sadly, I am being accused of being a "poser" and a "swindler" right out of the gate!:Offtopic: When all I hoped for was intelligent input before this reaches the final stage.

If this is how this forum treats people, name calling and wallet bullying, then I'm gone. End of story. FYI, I never said I wouldn't support, I am a team player, but I just joined a few weeks ago.

I can only hope the derailment of the initial thread ends here.

heavymetals
11-29-07, 07:00 PM
If your gonna come to this forum touting some miracle cure, at least become a supporting member.

And develop a thicker skin.:thepan:

Florian
11-29-07, 07:23 PM
snake oil....

F

DILLIGAF
11-29-07, 07:47 PM
ask.com definition:

shill (shĭl)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slang [Perhaps short for shillaber.]

noun
One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.

Geez, never heard of that bushing...
I am insulted. I have taken MY time and MY money to create something that this car needs and its owners may desire as much as I do. But sadly, I am being accused of being a "poser" and a "swindler" right out of the gate!:Offtopic: When all I hoped for was intelligent input before this reaches the final stage.

If this is how this forum treats people, name calling and wallet bullying, then I'm gone. End of story. FYI, I never said I wouldn't support, I am a team player, but I just joined a few weeks ago.

I can only hope the derailment of the initial thread ends here.
Your ok Dude,post up some pics,let us know your for real.Hell,if you turn out to be ok i'll put a month on your account.Tell us about the steel for the case.4140?what is it?

CVP33
11-29-07, 07:59 PM
Wow, this is really going to happen. :eek:

CTSV_Rob
11-29-07, 08:00 PM
:bump:

Need to keep this on Page one.

Updates?

Custom Gear
11-29-07, 08:03 PM
YES!!! And soon!!!

Custom Gear
11-29-07, 08:10 PM
4140 is a tough ,high impact tool steel with good machining properties.

Chemistry Data

Carbon
0.38 - 0.43

Chromium
0.8 - 1.1

Iron
Balance

Manganese
0.75 - 1

Molybdenum
0.15 - 0.25

Phosphorus
0.035 max

Silicon
0.15 - 0.35

Sulphur
0.04 max

General Information

Principal Design Features

This is one of the chromium, molybdenum, manganese low alloy steels noted for toughness, good torsional strength and good fatigue strength.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applications

4140 is used in a tremendous variety of applications, too numerous to mention here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Machinability

Machinability of this alloy is good in the annealed condition. In the heat treated and quenched condition machining is best limited to finish grinding.

DILLIGAF
11-29-07, 08:17 PM
Ahhh,i'm a machinist.I was just curious,mainly because of the price of steel.Billet tells me nothing.

rand49er
11-29-07, 08:26 PM
:bump:

Need to keep this on Page one.

Updates?Sticky?

Custom Gear
11-29-07, 08:28 PM
Billet just means "solid" it's not cast, rolled, or formed. i'm starting with a pc. 12in. x 12in. x 13in. chunk (564lbs.) and when i'm done it should be around 80lbs.
I thought about making it in 2 pcs. #1-case and pinion support #2 rear mount but the cost difference for the matl. was next to nothing. not only that... 2 pcs means a possible week point!!!
and I know how you guys feel about week points!!!!

DILLIGAF
11-29-07, 08:54 PM
Sooooo,your using a chunk of mild steel here.I have pondered doing this also,however we don't have a true 4th axis mill.Have you cut a test piece out of wood or aluminum for us to drool over?

rand49er
11-29-07, 09:05 PM
... and I know how you guys feel about week points!!!!Lotta guys here been through this before.

Just some advice: Throw us a bone from time to time during this process ... one with meat on it. We all want this to work.

CTSV_Rob
11-29-07, 09:27 PM
Urb, Pleeeease make this a sticky. Great idea Rand.

StealthV
11-29-07, 10:22 PM
Wikipedia material specs. Yay!

StealthV
11-29-07, 11:01 PM
Bad thing with steel is one may get a ...

Case of the rusty pumpkin (no pun intended). :cowboy:

http://www.millcreekcentral.com/TurntableProject/RearEnd1.jpg

StealthV
11-29-07, 11:15 PM
Has the strain rate sensitivity of the selected material been considered?

lunarx
11-30-07, 12:05 AM
I can't believe I forgot to mention this before.

If you can tap the case for a Temp Sensor (same as in Trans) we can wire it via a Toggle Switch to our dash display.
We could then toggle between Trans/Diff temp. :cloud9:

On our trans, I think the Temp Sensor does double duty as the Drain Plug.
(At least that's how I drained my trans fluid.)
If you did the same thing on the Rear Diff, it would be one less hole to cut.

Of course we still want the AN6 Inlet/Outlet taps for the cooler. :cool:

Custom Gear
11-30-07, 06:25 AM
kINDA AN OPTIMIST STEALTH... ARE'NT WE???

nikon
11-30-07, 09:48 AM
^^ you'll get used to him.........

CTSV_Rob
11-30-07, 10:42 AM
Ttt.

trukk
11-30-07, 01:12 PM
Damn HM & SV,

Can you guys chill a bit. I'm all for healthy scepticism. Hell, I've voiced my opinion on authorized vendors in here before , but I've never outright slammed one. [And I've bought from both of you before.]

Can we give the guy a break, until it starts to smell?

Thus far, we've had three sepperate threads about this, all charting progress. No request for orders or money, no crazy promises. Give the guy a chance.

:nono:

-Chris

Washin
11-30-07, 01:37 PM
Damn HM & SV,

Can you guys chill a bit. I'm all for healthy scepticism. Hell, I've voiced my opinion on authorized vendors in here before , but I've never outright slammed one. [And I've bought from both of you before.]

Can we give the guy a break, until it starts to smell?

Thus far, we've had three sepperate threads about this, all charting progress. No request for orders or money, no crazy promises. Give the guy a chance.

:nono:

-Chris

I agree with Trukk. What is with all this bashing? After all these guys are trying to help the cause. Chill the F@#K out! :thehand:

heavymetals
11-30-07, 02:00 PM
You guys are in error if you think that I was or am "bashing" (stock chat room lingo?).

In fact, I offered suggestions.

Such as, if a forum member (who joined in October) is going to tout or shill for a vendor as a business partner and financial backer (as he claims) he should become a supporting member.

and

Develop thicker skin (members here don't pull punches).

Flyboy
11-30-07, 02:41 PM
I've read these various comments with "some" interest.

I don't care about skin thickness or personal opinions......if Custom Gear....the Aussies (not gonna' happen) or XYZ Machine Shop comes up with a fix.....and it's priced "fairly".....AND.....IT WORKS.....I'm gonna' buy it.

Back Off and let's see what happens.....

There! ! ! My $0.02 worth and "maybe" $3,000 worth???

heavymetals
11-30-07, 02:55 PM
OK, here is a simple request.

Custom Gear

Where are you located and how long have you been in business?

Do you have a catalog or a list of services?

Any endorsements?

trukk
11-30-07, 05:03 PM
Eww a sticky.

You know what, I've been wrong before, but I have good feeling about this one.

-Chris

lunarx
11-30-07, 05:12 PM
Eww a sticky.

You know what, I've been wrong before, but I have good feeling about this one.

-Chris

I'm feeling it too.
I never even considered doing a 5K (let alone any K) clutch dump. :bonkers:
Now, with this diff on the horizon, I find myself counting the days untill I can give it a try. :lildevil:

onebadcad
11-30-07, 05:18 PM
I'm feeling it too.
I never even considered doing a 5K (let alone any K) clutch dump. :bonkers:
Now, with this diff on the horizon, I find myself counting the days untill I can give it a try. :lildevil:

Er, you may lose a driveshaft, U-joint, half-shaft, etc...

DILLIGAF
11-30-07, 05:40 PM
After pondering this issue,I would use that fancy machine to make molds for a cast iron diff and contact a foundry.

The Tony Show
11-30-07, 05:44 PM
After pondering this issue,I would use that fancy machine to make molds for a cast iron diff and contact a foundry.

Intriguing.....and quite possibly a fantastic idea.

DILLIGAF
11-30-07, 05:57 PM
Very few, or no affordable materials to pull this off with 100+ machine hours.Cast don't bend,it breaks.

heavymetals
11-30-07, 07:13 PM

I researched a couple of foundries in the US and I discovered that the cheapest most practical way to go was off shore (China or Taiwan).

Economic conditions being what they are, there might be a US foundry that might be interested, but they want BIG quantities.

Typical small run would be a minimum of 50 pieces.

I worked out the price per piece as somewhere around $300.00-500.00 US FOB

One time tooling charge for the mold would be about $10k US.

Reverse eng about $2k.

This is just for the case:banghead:

Now you still need to either fill it with gears and supply it as a replacement, or just as a case.

That is why they call it MOD HELL.

So if someone wants to create a set of molds for a cast iron case, I am interested...

More so then what I fear a hogged out piece of billet steel is gonna end up costing, but if it is a "bolt on" replacement, that will work also!

CTSV_Rob
11-30-07, 07:39 PM
Not sure who made this a sitcky but thank you.

Really looking forward to seeing how this shakes out.

rand49er
11-30-07, 07:48 PM
Not to undermine the efforts here, but wasn't UUC working on something, too?

Did that not pan out?

:thepan:

:helpless:

CTSV_Rob
11-30-07, 07:52 PM
Just bushings I believe.

keeksv
11-30-07, 08:16 PM
Someone should think about the crappy half shafts too :hide:

trukk
11-30-07, 08:28 PM
Someone should think about the crappy half shafts too :hide:

Has anyone ripped up the '06+ shafts yet? Aren't they significantly thicker than '4/'05. (.25 or .5 inches thickererer.)

-Chris

CTSV_Rob
11-30-07, 08:29 PM
Why would you want a set of crappy half shafts, don't you already have some?

I hear the 06 and up are better and plus any driveline shop should be able to make a beefer set for you. Need to start with the weakest link and work your way out.

Nutz
11-30-07, 08:43 PM
Did anybody come up with a manufacturer for the bushing I described in my original post?
I am trying to let "Custom Gear" concentrate on my diff case while I research the bushing. The bushing I am looking to I.D. was in my crashed case, and was gold sleeved with black urethane (and was effective in eliminating about 40% of wheel hop). OR... Hit me with the strongest, most effective bushing that we should be using for a heavier than stock steel diff. I need one now for the mule. Otherwise "Custom Gear" has to waste time making one from facility materials. THANK YOU.

Nutz
11-30-07, 08:48 PM
Oh yea... Thanks for the sticky!! It was a good move.

heavymetals
11-30-07, 09:10 PM
Your welcome.

heavymetals
11-30-07, 09:12 PM
Not to undermine the efforts here, but wasn't UUC working on something, too?

Did that not pan out?

:thepan:

:helpless:

My understanding is that it is still in feasability mode.

darkman
11-30-07, 10:11 PM
Has anyone ripped up the '06+ shafts yet? Aren't they significantly thicker than '4/'05. (.25 or .5 inches thickererer.)

-Chris

Good question...but then again no one has reported breaking a '06+ carrier case, but we are apparently seeking a replacement.

StealthV
11-30-07, 10:15 PM
The reason I am skeptical is because I've yet to be impressed by anything. People who claim to have the solution to life the universe and everything yet don't understand the failure mode raises many questions.

The standards are quite high; exceed my expectations.

Custom Gear
11-30-07, 10:23 PM
I've got a couple of pics of that bushing nutz is talking about. Don't know if it's gonna help but we'll give it a try!!!37887

Custom Gear
11-30-07, 10:26 PM
Stelth,

What do you mean by failure mode???

Florian
11-30-07, 10:52 PM
Stelth,

What do you mean by failure mode???

As I read it, Stealth may mean that you need to understand the theory behind the failures. The pinion angle/bearing (and its complete lack of stability) is most likely the culprit.

F

Chef
11-30-07, 10:55 PM
"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark...the real tragedy in life is when adults are afraid of the light"

Put one foot in front of the other and it'll all be good....At the end of the day you will have done what others have merely talked about doing and loooong timers talking and talking yet not being a part of the solution.

As of today, (in the now) you have at least the attention of the ones that haven't made head-way and most likely never will...

Good luck and push forward...it's still free:thumbsup:

Chef

Custom Gear
11-30-07, 11:09 PM
Thankx guys!!! we're going to do this. Is it the solution to life, the universe and everything??? I din't think so... Is steel stronger than aluminum... your damn right it is!!!

HiTechRV
11-30-07, 11:24 PM
Keep on going Custom. I wish I could help with the bushing question.

Scatillac
12-01-07, 07:46 AM
Custom,

The failures a lot of us have seen are shock related (read: wheel hop/high-rpm clutch dumps) with the pinion forcing itself forward, away from the ring gear and distorting/cracking/breaking the case. I lost mine on a 1-2 shift that produced a massive hop that cracked the case.

The rear suspension cradle and the differential mounts within the cradle are heavy contributors to the failures since so much movement is allowed. There is a lot of undamped motion here that when combined the the stiff carcass on the original tires, produces quite a "wind-up and let go" effect.

Since you have CNC capabilities, it would be nice to have Delrin bushings at the differential case mounting points (a two-piece unit, inserting from each side, with a steel sleeve in the center). This would eliminate a portion of the case deflection, leaving the cradle as the remaining culprit.

Ideally, a set medium durometer poly cradle bushings would be another key link to the hop control, albeit at the price of a bit more cabin noise. Another possibility is a high durometer poly pinion snubber arrangement that, in normal operation, would ride about 2mm or so off the case snout, contacting only when deflection is occurring.

I've been using the GMPD nylon inserts (Gr.# 5.394, Pn. 19133557) in my rear cradle and combined with PS2s, the rolling hop is not quite gone, but is close to getting there. These are GM's version of the aftermarket inserts which would probably have much the same effect.

Nutz
12-01-07, 09:23 AM
This is the kind of info we need. Thanks.
To answer the latter. What happened to you is EXACTLY what happened to me (out of warranty) and started this venture. Just seeing that pic of my crushed bushing replays the BANG in my head over and over.
So we are taking this by steps.
Make it stronger.(hence the steel)
Make it more resistant to deflection (added wieght should help too)
Make it direct bolt-in.
Make it as cheap as possible.
There are many more...
Again, feel free to throw me short, helpful suggestions. Stay tuned.

keeksv
12-01-07, 10:14 AM
Why would you want a set of crappy half shafts, don't you already have some?

I hear the 06 and up are better and plus any driveline shop should be able to make a beefer set for you. Need to start with the weakest link and work your way out.
Mine are already upgraded. I was just thinking about you guys. I went through three sets before getting it right.

The '06 shafts are probably fine for stock, but will (and did) give out with more power added.

lunarx
12-01-07, 12:00 PM
Mine are already upgraded. I was just thinking about you guys. I went through three sets before getting it right.

The '06 shafts are probably fine for stock, but will (and did) give out with more power added.
So what is your current set-up? :bouncy:

Custom Gear
12-01-07, 02:35 PM
Custom,

The failures a lot of us have seen are shock related (read: wheel hop/high-rpm clutch dumps) with the pinion forcing itself forward, away from the ring gear and distorting/cracking/breaking the case. I lost mine on a 1-2 shift that produced a massive hop that cracked the case.

The rear suspension cradle and the differential mounts within the cradle are heavy contributors to the failures since so much movement is allowed. There is a lot of undamped motion here that when combined the the stiff carcass on the original tires, produces quite a "wind-up and let go" effect.

Since you have CNC capabilities, it would be nice to have Delrin bushings at the differential case mounting points (a two-piece unit, inserting from each side, with a steel sleeve in the center). This would eliminate a portion of the case deflection, leaving the cradle as the remaining culprit.

Ideally, a set medium durometer poly cradle bushings would be another key link to the hop control, albeit at the price of a bit more cabin noise. Another possibility is a high durometer poly pinion snubber arrangement that, in normal operation, would ride about 2mm or so off the case snout, contacting only when deflection is occurring.

I've been using the GMPD nylon inserts (Gr.# 5.394, Pn. 19133557) in my rear cradle and combined with PS2s, the rolling hop is not quite gone, but is close to getting there. These are GM's version of the aftermarket inserts which would probably have much the same effect.

I THINK I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN. THIS WOULD BE SIMPLE TO PRODUCE. LET ME KNOW IF I'M OFF BASE.37894

keeksv
12-01-07, 07:47 PM
So what is your current set-up? :bouncy:
'06 diff case studded and treated anchored to the frame rails with a chunk of powdercoated steel. 750 hp rated half shafts, custom made. Good for clutch dumps with 450 rwtq/rwhp (Maggie--Mustang dyno). No hop. The car did 11.917 @115.35 with 1.68 60 ft. on BFG DRs. I think trukk was there. No, I'm not the guy driving on this run.

I now have 10k miles on this setup as my DD with no issues. Not much noisier than stock if at all. This is what I wanted--not to have to worry about the rear with my mods, and paving the way for a Katech NA setup a' la chef.

This billet case is a great idea, and I may actually be interested at some point. Setting up the gears in a stock type rear in these cars is a pain from what I understand though.

A stronger case is only part of the solution though as many have already said. I think that without wheel hop and deflection in an unmodded or lightly modded car, accomplished by Kars/BMR/driving habits/technique/not drag racing/living a clean life/etc.., the '06 + rear in these cars should be strong enough.

Sorry for the long post...I have invested a lot of time and energy in this problem.;)

JimmyH
12-01-07, 07:50 PM
I still maintain to prolong the life of your differential, drive the car like a street car, not a race car, and certainly not a dragster.

ZEUSROTTY
12-01-07, 07:56 PM
'06 diff case studded and treated anchored to the frame rails with a chunk of powdercoated steel. 750 hp rated half shafts, custom made. Good for clutch dumps with 450 rwtq/rwhp (Maggie--Mustang dyno). No hop. The car did 11.917 @115.35 with 1.68 60 ft. on BFG DRs. I think trukk was there. No, I'm not the guy driving on this run.

I now have 10k miles on this setup as my DD with no issues. Not much noisier than stock if at all. This is what I wanted--not to have to worry about the rear with my mods, and paving the way for a Katech NA setup a' la chef.

This billet case is a great idea, and I may actually be interested at some point. Setting up the gears in a stock type rear in these cars is a pain from what I understand though.

A stronger case is only part of the solution though as many have already said. I think that without wheel hop and deflection in an unmodded or lightly modded car, accomplished by Kars/BMR/driving habits/technique/not drag racing/living a clean life/etc.., the '06 + rear in these cars should be strong enough.

Sorry for the long post...I have invested a lot of time and energy in this problem.;)

what does treated mean? and what does studded mean? and do you have a contact for your seup? and maybe pics? I am tired of breaking these things?

ZEUSROTTY
12-01-07, 07:57 PM
I still maintain to prolong the life of your differential, drive the car like a street car, not a race car, and certainly not a dragster.

Thats the gayest thing I ever heard, and no fun at all...

JimmyH
12-01-07, 08:03 PM
Maybe, but when my original diff reaches 100k miles...

(and I have plenty of fun with the car; hole-shots and crappy shifting technique are not prerequisite to fun)

ZEUSROTTY
12-01-07, 08:17 PM
Maybe, but when my original diff reaches 100k miles...

(and I have plenty of fun with the car; hole-shots and crappy shifting technique are not prerequisite to fun)

Neither is assuming others do...

Flyboy
12-01-07, 09:39 PM
Hey Guys.......

I think this project with the diff is important enough not to start a "mud slinging" contest.....Let's PLEASE try to stay on the topic.

Hey....I drag race a few times a year......nobody criticizes me for that.....and if someone just want "to drive the V gingerly" I could care less...more power to him or them.

I don't want to get this thread tooooooo far off base.

I'm I right in saying this??????

I think there may be other threads to "argue" topics.

darkman
12-01-07, 10:28 PM

I agree - sensibly driven the V is generally reliable, (particularly with 06+ differential) and drag racing, whether on the street or at the strip is never cheap.

Scatillac
12-02-07, 08:21 AM
Custom,

I would extend the steel bushing insert all the way through the Delrin, that way it would carry the load throughout it's length.

This could also be a retrofit item for the aluminum housing.

Nutz
12-02-07, 02:03 PM
Both of your points are good. Thanks. Having a bushing work with both the stock AND billet steel housings is a must.
We are starting to think that the damaged bushing pic shown (from my car) is "hand fabricated" based on it's appearance and the lack of response to it's I.D. Before we tear apart my car AGAIN, if there is anybody out there with a rear ALREADY OUT of a car we are asking that if you can please PM Custom Gear, he needs some easy measurements of the support FRAME that is mounted to the bottom of the car. We are working very hard with that area now to make sure pinion deflection (in that area) is dealt with NOW. The focus now is the very important sleeve, the grade of the urethane, and how to control pinion deflection within the support housing. Thanks.

AAIIIC
12-02-07, 02:49 PM
This is the kind of info we need. Thanks.
To answer the latter.
What info? And to answer the latter what? :confused:

Again, feel free to throw me short, helpful suggestions. Stay tuned.
Here's a suggestion - use the 'QUOTE' function if you're replying to someone's questions/comments so we can follow along with your "conversation" and/or train of thought.

Nutz
12-02-07, 03:17 PM
What info? And to answer the latter what? :confused:

Here's a suggestion - use the 'QUOTE' function if you're replying to someone's questions/comments so we can follow along with your "conversation" and/or train of thought.

Thanks. Will do. I'm new at this thing.

c5racr1
12-02-07, 04:32 PM
i have a stock undamaged 04 diff i would ship to whoever needs it, if it will get thing moving

Nutz
12-02-07, 06:41 PM
i have a stock undamaged 04 diff i would ship to whoever needs it, if it will get thing moving

Thanks for the generous offer.:thumbsup: We're O.K. though. I actually bought an 04 case within 6 hrs. of breakage and swapped it the next morn to be able to drive to and from Custom Gear's facility as needed for research. We are just concentrating on the support housing issue this weekend. We don't want to hastily beat on this new housing without addressing the support housing needs. Nice offer though...

darkman
12-03-07, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the generous offer.:thumbsup: We're O.K. though. I actually bought an 04 case within 6 hrs. of breakage and swapped it the next morn to be able to drive to and from Custom Gear's facility as needed for research. We are just concentrating on the support housing issue this weekend. We don't want to hastily beat on this new housing without addressing the support housing needs. Nice offer though...

The 04 case is obsolete (no longer available from GM). Shouldn't you be starting with the 06-07 case?

Nutz
12-03-07, 08:04 AM
The 04 case is obsolete (no longer available from GM). Shouldn't you be starting with the 06-07 case?

The 04 diff was just a runner in my car. It has no value in this design.
The new design was scanned off my 05 that broke.

darkman
12-03-07, 08:20 AM

Thanks for the reply, but the 05 is also obsolete. In fact, I thought the 04 and 05 were identical. Did you mean 06? The redesign (by GM) came out in 2006. The change by GM was significant in terms of reports to this forum. Specifically, we had numerous reports of breakage with the 2004 and 2005 models, but no such reports with 2006 and subsequent 2007 models.

urbanski
12-03-07, 09:01 AM
hey Custom Gear, thanks for joining up :)
Sorry, but I have to unstick this. Vendors do not necessarily get stuck threads....if that were the case, the first 50 threads in each forum would be stuck. This will stay at the top naturally. thanks.

The Tony Show
12-03-07, 09:58 AM

:doh:

trukk
12-03-07, 10:24 AM
Did anybody come up with a manufacturer for the bushing I described in my original post?
I am trying to let "Custom Gear" concentrate on my diff case while I research the bushing. The bushing I am looking to I.D. was in my crashed case, and was gold sleeved with black urethane (and was effective in eliminating about 40% of wheel hop). OR... Hit me with the strongest, most effective bushing that we should be using for a heavier than stock steel diff. I need one now for the mule. Otherwise "Custom Gear" has to waste time making one from facility materials. THANK YOU.

I am not aware of any commercial piece that anyone offers. That must have been some kind of one-off. if you do find something though, let us know. :thumbsup:

:doh:

I'm not going to automatically assuem that his '05 v, has an '05 diff in it. Mine DEFINATELY doesn't.

V-Nutz, is the diff that you are using for your basis, an '06+ model? It has the bigger cooling fins, and more substantial rib bracing.

-Chris

Custom Gear
12-03-07, 12:59 PM
I am not aware of any commercial piece that anyone offers. That must have been some kind of one-off. if you do find something though, let us know. :thumbsup:

I'm not going to automatically assuem that his '05 v, has an '05 diff in it. Mine DEFINATELY doesn't.

V-Nutz, is the diff that you are using for your basis, an '06+ model? It has the bigger cooling fins, and more substantial rib bracing.

-Chris

There are pics of the case on the first page of this thread. Please check and see if you can tell what case it is, from there!!!

Thank You

trukk
12-03-07, 01:14 PM
There are pics of the case on the first page of this thread. Please check and see if you can tell what case it is, from there!!!

Thank You
Sure looks like the bigger fins and ribbing of an '06+ to me.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/37837d1196187050-billet-steel-differential-case-update-dsc00434.jpg

Can I get some corroboration.

-Chris

Custom Gear
12-03-07, 02:04 PM
pm ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND I CAN SEND YOU SOME BETTER PICS.

atdeneve
12-03-07, 02:37 PM
Couldn't you just check the part number? Wouldn't that give a definite answer as to whether it's an 06 diff?

CTSV_Rob
12-03-07, 02:42 PM
hey Custom Gear, thanks for joining up :)
Sorry, but I have to unstick this. Vendors do not necessarily get stuck threads....if that were the case, the first 50 threads in each forum would be stuck. This will stay at the top naturally. thanks.
Good point Urb, but I figured since this was such a hot topic it would be nice to keep it up top.

Not fair to the other vendors though I suppose.

darkman
12-03-07, 03:39 PM
Couldn't you just check the part number? Wouldn't that give a definite answer as to whether it's an 06 diff?

The part number of 15793756 is for the new carrier (2006+), but that part number is probably for the enitre unit (including internals) and may not appear on the case itself. (Taken from an invoice for dealer replacement of whole differential).

Can someone run the VIN of the donor car to see if it shows a differential replacement, and if so, when?

Nutz
12-03-07, 05:15 PM
The part number of 15793756 is for the new carrier (2006+), but that part number is probably for the enitre unit (including internals) and may not appear on the case itself. (Taken from an invoice for dealer replacement of whole differential).

Can someone run the VIN of the donor car to see if it shows a differential replacement, and if so, when?

My vin is in the sticky V.I.N. posting from about 2 weeks ago. i never got an e-mail. It may have been ran already and I just missed it. But here it is any way. I'd like to get a history on the car anyways.
1g6dn56s850146374
We lost our sticky custom...:hijacked:
Should I start a new thread?? I'm not a vendor. Is it possible to end up back as a sticky if I restart the discussion?? Like I said, I'm still new at this, I don't know.

CTSV_Rob
12-03-07, 05:24 PM
No Sticky on this thread or other.

You had your 15 minutes of fame while Urb was on vacation!

Nutz
12-03-07, 05:31 PM
No Sticky on this thread or other.

You had your 15 minutes of fame while Urb was on vacation!

:rave:

darkman
12-03-07, 06:34 PM
My vin is in the sticky V.I.N. posting from about 2 weeks ago. i never got an e-mail. It may have been ran already and I just missed it. But here it is any way. I'd like to get a history on the car anyways.
1g6dn56s850146374

Okay, I posted another VIN check request in the VIN Sticky thread. Hopefully, someone will respond to one of these requests for a VIN check.

darkman
12-03-07, 07:40 PM
The following response came from the VIN Sticky thread - (Thanks to Lusterblade.):

I'm guessing you're looking to see if it has an 06+ Diff. Doesn't look like it from the History.
CLAIM HISTORY
R.O Date R.O Number Type Labor Operation Odometer Reading
10/09/2006 237832 # F1280 - PROPELLER SHAFT ASSEMBLY (BETWEEN TRANS AND REAR DIFFERENT 40696 miles
10/09/2006 237832 # Z7905 - 5-DAY COURTESY TRANSPORTATION 40696 miles
11/28/2005 215484 # C8870 - INFLATABLE RESTRAINT PASSENGER SEAT SUPPRESSION MODULE REP 19755 miles
11/28/2005 215484 # C0020 - GLASS, WINDSHIELD - RESEAL 19755 miles
11/28/2005 215484 # Z7903 - 3-DAY COURTESY TRANSPORTATION 19755 miles
11/28/2005 215484 # H9711 - FRAME, REAR SUPPLEMENTAL BUSHINGS - INSTALL 19755 miles
07/11/2005 205454 # N0110 - BATTERY - ONE - REPLACE 3112 miles
10/20/2004 A46374 I Z7000 - PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION - BASE TIME 0 miles

Nutz
12-03-07, 07:50 PM
The following response came from the VIN Sticky thread - (Thanks to Lusterblade.):

I'm guessing you're looking to see if it has an 06+ Diff. Doesn't look like it from the History.
CLAIM HISTORY
10/09/2006 237832 # F1280 - PROPELLER SHAFT ASSEMBLY (BETWEEN TRANS AND REAR DIFFERENT 40696 miles
11/28/2005 215484 # C8870 - INFLATABLE RESTRAINT PASSENGER SEAT SUPPRESSION MODULE REP 19755 miles
11/28/2005 215484 # H9711 - FRAME, REAR SUPPLEMENTAL BUSHINGS - INSTALL 19755 miles
10/20/2004 A46374 I Z7000 - PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION - BASE TIME 0 miles

Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

lunarx
12-03-07, 09:04 PM
I think you guys are better off w/o a sticky.
Unless you are subscribed you would not be prompted to keep reading a sticky.

A thread that is persistent in staying up is going to draw more views. :yup:

ssmith100
12-03-07, 10:14 PM
What the hell is a propeller shaft assembly ?????? Maybe that's what's making that god awful high pitched whine in my car:rant2:.

Shane

Nutz
12-03-07, 10:18 PM
What the hell is a propeller shaft assembly ?????? Maybe that's what's making that god awful high pitched whine in my car:rant2:.

Shane

Just a fancy word for driveshaft...

CTSV_Rob
12-03-07, 10:37 PM
it propeller's your car.

TrazzNJ
12-04-07, 05:29 PM
Bump Bump Bump

rand49er
12-05-07, 07:01 AM
So, did this get resolved?

Which diff do you have ... '04 or '06+? :confused:

SkullV
12-05-07, 12:41 PM
Bump Bump Bump

No point in a bump unless Nutz or Custom have something else to add:suspect:

Custom Gear
12-05-07, 08:08 PM
The case I have is an "05". witch is going to be just fine. I'm not reproducing the case exactly. I'm reproducing the internal features, bore size, bore location, center to center distances and height. The thicker ribbing that was added to the "06" case was to resolve, strength and heat issues seen in the previous case construction. Once my case design has compleated running through ADAMS driveline simulation software, we'll be able to tell weather I need to make any changes. I'm trying to do this right the first time. I feel very confident we will suceed!!!:thumbsup: Steel's due to be delivereed this week, then we'll be in the next phase of our little project!!!
i'll try to keep you guys more informed on whats going on BUT... I hate typing!!! and I can't spell worth a shit!!!:thepan:

rand49er
12-05-07, 09:03 PM
... I can't spell worth a shit!!!:thepan:Yup.

But, that's okay just as long as you can machine.

(BTW, you spelled "shit" correctly. :rolleyes:)

sideways_v
12-07-07, 03:06 AM
Custom.... The ADAMS driveline simulation software determines the loads on the case, but will it also perform finite element analysis to determine stress & deflection? If not, I would be willing to do the FEA analysis. I have the tools. I would just need the CAD model, loads, and material properties. Anything I can do to help the cause.

Albertan
12-07-07, 03:49 PM
Nutz...

"The focus now is the very important sleeve, the grade of the urethane, and how to control pinion deflection within the support housing. Thanks."

Are you still working on this sleeve? If you give me some dimensions, I might be able to do some work on this part. I've injection molded Polyurethane over steel sleeves for spring bushings. If it is close, I might be able to modify a mold I have to produce what is required. I'd be able to run a few different durometers as well.

Nutz
12-07-07, 04:04 PM
Nutz...

"The focus now is the very important sleeve, the grade of the urethane, and how to control pinion deflection within the support housing. Thanks."

Are you still working on this sleeve? If you give me some dimensions, I might be able to do some work on this part. I've injection molded Polyurethane over steel sleeves for spring bushings. If it is close, I might be able to modify a mold I have to produce what is required. I'd be able to run a few different durometers as well.

YES. Please pm me with your phone number, and we can get this over with.

Myself and Custom have been working on some final stress figures, gear alignment, and lubricant capacities of the diff case while waiting for delivery. We don't want a stupid detail overlooked causing a failure that would mislead us on confidence. The 532# block of steel is somewhere on a truck on it's way to us.:banghead: THANKS.
Oh yea. Today I'm working on Weds night "vendor night" tickets to the Detroit auto show coming soon, I just can't wait to see what the diff looks like in the new V!

HiTechRV
12-09-07, 03:29 PM
There were more changes made to the diff overall than just the case strengthening. I posted long ago the exact detail on the differences. For example I think some kind of internal reservoir was made - maybe with a small lip? - to cool the diff fluid 10 degrees. I would look at any changes - in detail. Significant engineering effort was put into beefing up the diff over the '04 design.

Is the new V going to be at the show? If so I will see if I can get in on the press days or lie on the floor in my tux at the charity preview and smap some pics.

Nutz
12-09-07, 08:44 PM
There were more changes made to the diff overall than just the case strengthening. I posted long ago the exact detail on the differences. For example I think some kind of internal reservoir was made - maybe with a small lip? - to cool the diff fluid 10 degrees. I would look at any changes - in detail. Significant engineering effort was put into beefing up the diff over the '04 design.

Is the new V going to be at the show? If so I will see if I can get in on the press days or lie on the floor in my tux at the charity preview and smap some pics.

The reservior takes slung lubricant and channels it through some cross-drilled galleys to bearing locations. Definately integrated in our new design. Thanks.

As for the auto show, I go to it every year, and the leaked spyshots usually come out right around now of the new cars that will be there, just like the new V. I'm hoping it will be there.:cool2:

LUVMY04V
02-20-08, 08:27 AM

CLAIM HISTORY
10/20/2004 A46374 I Z7000 - PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION - BASE TIME 0 mileshey i looked at my history on my car and like 2000 miles ago it said the exact thing as above (propeller shaft deal)

is this a good thing?? (that it got fixed just before i got it) I have no whine and it doesnt wheel hop :yup: ......yet haha but i havent dumped the clutch yet or dont plan too ;)

Im still kinda new to understanding this whole diff thing.

Also I used to have a 2003 cts with nitrous and never got wheel hop it would just burn rubber till i let off the gas or was going 20 or so LOL...why is that any different than the v?

JimmyH
02-20-08, 03:22 PM
Also I used to have a 2003 cts with nitrous and never got wheel hop it would just burn rubber till i let off the gas or was going 20 or so LOL...why is that any different than the v?

I am sure a lot of people will jump in and tell you about the cheap bearings/bushings/mounts, and I am sure they are right to some extent.

But in my experience with several other cars, wheelhop has more to do with the tires than any other single piece of hardware.

As for my V, wheelhop has only been a minor irritant at worst.

LUVMY04V
02-20-08, 03:25 PM
I am sure a lot of people will jump in and tell you about the cheap bearings/bushings/mounts, and I am sure they are right to some extent.

But in my experience with several other cars, wheelhop has more to do with the tires than any other single piece of hardware.

As for my V, wheelhop has only been a minor irritant at worst.yep but arent those same cheap bushing berings and stuff on the 03 cts as well?? if so could it have somthing as simple as the balence of weight difference of 200 lb's from the different engine??????

JimmyH
02-20-08, 03:57 PM
yep but arent those same cheap bushing berings and stuff on the 03 cts as well?? if so could it have somthing as simple as the balence of weight difference of 200 lb's from the different engine??????

I am pretty sure the V has an upgraded diff and drivetrain.

LUVMY04V
02-20-08, 04:02 PM
I am pretty sure the V has an upgraded diff and drivetrain.oh im sure it does but i was under the understanding they were similar the v's diff has larger cooling fins though

CTSV_Rob
02-20-08, 10:05 PM
Different gearing at least and the Run flats I had on the car originally made the Wheelhop much worse.

Don't know too much about nitrous but you used to hit it right off the line?

LUVMY04V
02-21-08, 08:11 AM
Different gearing at least and the Run flats I had on the car originally made the Wheelhop much worse.

Don't know too much about nitrous but you used to hit it right off the line?
haha yeah no fear here.... it was wot and had a fpss so it was safe but it was only a 60 shot or so :thumbsup:

like so http://video.fquick.com/thumbs/4960.jpg (http://www.fquick.com/videos/cts_nitrous_tribute_/4960)View Video on FQuick (http://www.fquick.com/videos/cts_nitrous_tribute_/4960)