: $5 mod.--great results

mlg
11-26-07, 05:41 PM
went to hunting store and bought $5 box of zinc coated lead LARGE bb's, 2000#, took a pc of clear shipping tape and placed it sticky side up, poured as many bbs that would stick to tape,maybe 100, took another pc of tape and sanwiched the bbs between tape. then i carefully pried plastic shifter boot housing up w flat screwdriver from center of side facing the car rear. lift up and 2 tabs at other end of housing will lift out, now invert the boot snd expose the shft, now wrap tape of bbs around the shaft at end closest to knob and secure w duct tape, install boot and voila now you have shifter w more pos action/crisper shifts,, also have 1900 bbs left to give to son so he can terrorize neighborhood wildlife!! enjoy

trukk
11-26-07, 05:54 PM
went to hunting store and bought $5 box of zinc coated lead LARGE bb's, 2000#, took a pc of clear shipping tape and placed it sticky side up, poured as many bbs that would stick to tape,maybe 100, took another pc of tape and sanwiched the bbs between tape. then i carefully pried plastic shifter boot housing up w flat screwdriver from center of side facing the car rear. lift up and 2 tabs at other end of housing will lift out, now invert the boot snd expose the shft, now wrap tape of bbs around the shaft at end closest to knob and secure w duct tape, install boot and voila now you have shifter w more pos action/crisper shifts,, also have 1900 bbs left to give to son so he can terrorize neighborhood wildlife!! enjoy

Umm, is this like adding Blinker fluid or muffler bearings? If not, I'm totally confused how this would accomplish anything.

I either have an incredibly bad sense of humor, am very dim, or both.

-Chris

nikon
11-26-07, 06:00 PM
so, your adding weight to the shifter? Is that what you were trying to accomplish?

ZEUSROTTY
11-26-07, 06:06 PM
Sounds like it... Be really bad for that tape to go bad though...Better to use some Weights or something...

mlg
11-26-07, 06:11 PM
please engage brain b4 opening mouth, why r people so doubting??? xtra wt. acts like a weighted shift knob.

nikon
11-26-07, 06:20 PM
...why not just get the weighted knob???

Mines weighted, and I honestly don't feel a difference.

Koooop
11-26-07, 06:22 PM
I'm not taping BB's to my late model, high performance, Cadillac luxury SEEDAN :lolsign: !

ZEUSROTTY
11-26-07, 06:24 PM
please engage brain b4 opening mouth, why r people so doubting??? xtra wt. acts like a weighted shift knob.

Dude... WTF... Practice what you preach. One guy didnt understand, the other two just offered an opinion, and I said it would be better a different way... So how bout please Shut the **** up, before typing shitty retorts.

ZEUSROTTY
11-26-07, 06:25 PM
I'm not taping BB's to my late model, high performance, Cadillac luxury SEEDAN :lolsign: !

Thats what I'm sayin...

Koooop
11-26-07, 06:28 PM
I got it, I'm just not prepared to do that uh... "upgrade" at this time.

Someone else might not understand a weighted shifter. I would've done that to my Manx in high school, well actually I just bought the Hurst Shift Knob, so I wouldn't have done that to my $800 Dune buggy... Nevermind.

Silver Dollar
11-26-07, 06:43 PM
.....now wrap tape of bbs around the shaft at end closest to knob and secure w duct tape.....

...and then you beg your "mistress" to kick you in the junk while shouting degrading obscenities at you.

onebadcad
11-26-07, 06:51 PM
I got the big (aka, the 'd!ldo) knob courtesy of UUC, the V (and wifey) appreciates it:yup:.

CTSV_Rob
11-26-07, 06:59 PM
LOL, Like my Dildo Shifter and the additional weight does help. You buy a 50K car, step up and buy a weighted shifter. BTW, Wife is pretty happy with mine also! (ribbed for her pleasure and all)

What do you do when the heat attacks the tape and the BB's start rolling out from the bottom of your car? Change the tape when you change the oil?

In all fairness though, got to give you credit for going out and modifying your V. creative.

mlg
11-26-07, 07:55 PM
thanx rob,, just tryin to share what i think is a positive mod to the v community.

WHYTRY
11-26-07, 08:04 PM
:postpics:

ZEUSROTTY
11-26-07, 08:43 PM
Its worthless with pics...

DILLIGAF
11-26-07, 10:14 PM
Its worthless with pics...
Easy there pal:tisk:

Don't you want to see the 5 dollar BB mod in the Faq?:D

wildwhl
11-26-07, 10:33 PM
Well done, mlg. It is a Cadillac, after all, with a terrible resale, so why waste money for mods where you don't have too :hide:

WW

z06bigbird
11-26-07, 11:32 PM
Dude... WTF... Practice what you preach. One guy didnt understand, the other two just offered an opinion, and I said it would be better a different way... So how bout please Shut the **** up, before typing shitty retorts.

Such a friendly group!!

ZEUSROTTY
11-27-07, 12:23 AM
Such a friendly group!!

Im just sayin...

Florian
11-27-07, 12:51 AM
hoo hah! I then attached a slinky from the clutch pedal to the turn signal stalk for a lighter clutch feel.

F

Mystical_Ice
11-27-07, 02:09 AM
loooooool florian

nikon
11-27-07, 02:14 AM
hoo hah! I then attached a slinky from the clutch pedal to the turn signal stalk for a lighter clutch feel.

F

:histeric: :histeric:

Koooop
11-27-07, 01:39 PM

F

You don't have no stinking clutch in that Granny car!

The Tony Show
11-27-07, 01:40 PM
Wait a second:

You taped.........

BBs.........

to your shifter?

:histeric:

wildwhl
11-27-07, 01:45 PM
Hey, at least it is a better use of BB's then the dude that loaded them into his maggie :hide:

WW

Koooop
11-27-07, 01:47 PM
BB, Bubba...

wildwhl
11-27-07, 01:50 PM
This is my final word on the subject :suspect:

Koooop
11-27-07, 01:55 PM
BB's on you shifter...

Silver Dollar
11-27-07, 06:06 PM
Taping BBs to your shaft......

04CTSVforMe
11-29-07, 11:44 AM
:yeah::wtf::cookoo:

Vee
11-29-07, 01:09 PM
Hey, Iím all for showing some ingenuity, but I sure wouldnít want to be behind you on the highway when the tape letís go and BBís start dropping under your car. It may not play out that dramatically, but still, there is a riskÖIím sure you could find something a little safer at Home Depot that will create the same effect. Something that you can use a worm clamp with.

crankedupforit
11-29-07, 06:16 PM

Do you work for Chrysler?

V-Beach
11-29-07, 10:04 PM
Be careful not to shoot your eye out with the Red Ryder shift kit.

trukk
11-30-07, 01:52 PM
...Red Ryder shift kit.

HAHAHA.....you'll blow your diff up, you'll blow your diff up.

Too funny.

-Chris

NormV
11-30-07, 04:24 PM
Be careful not to shoot your eye out with the Red Ryder shift kit.

LOL! Don't laugh but there some leg lamps in the front windows in Cleveland suburbs this time of year. :)

Norm

CTSV_Rob
11-30-07, 05:04 PM
Frageelee lamp.

The Tony Show
11-30-07, 05:24 PM
Must be Italian...

TaVern
11-30-07, 07:53 PM
It's a major award...

CTSV_Rob
11-30-07, 08:06 PM
LOL! Don't laugh but there some leg lamps in the front windows in Cleveland suburbs this time of year. :)

Norm
I have relatives from my Dad's side that live there so I'm not surprized.

trukk
11-30-07, 09:14 PM
It's a major award...

AHAHA...I can imagine him saying that.

Damn I love that movie.

I tried to watch it with my 5 year old son last X-Mas, and he didn't really get it. Although he did laugh like hell at the little brother wearing 800 layers of clothes to go outside.

-Chris

DILLIGAF
12-01-07, 12:33 AM
I triple dog dare anyone to tape bb's to their shifter and not get shit about it.

TaVern
12-01-07, 01:24 AM
Uh, oh... The "triple dog dare"...

Black Sunshine
12-01-07, 06:23 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/boilrmkr/Smileys/ImageDeposit_dot_com_FREE_Hosting_B.jpg

3 times.

The Tony Show
12-01-07, 12:13 PM
You guys are missing the obvious potential for awesomeness here:

If you were to engage in a high speed car chase with henchmen from an evil organization firing rockets at you, the heat from the nearby explosions would melt the tape, spraying the BBs out behind you. Then the pursuers cars would flip over and smash into strategically placed parked vehicles and explode into a fireball, at which point you could look over your shoulder and smugly say, "No tailgating", then drive to their girlfriends house and have sex with them while drinking a martini.

CTSV_Rob
12-01-07, 04:33 PM
LOL, I may need to do this Mod now!

Would the G/F be Pu$$y Galore?

TaVern
12-01-07, 08:07 PM
All that for only $5?!? I'm in :alchi: