: Where is the best place to get GM Parts

DansCTSV
11-26-07, 02:16 PM
I wrecked my V a while back and am now in need of some parts. The prices I got from the body shop were full retail. Where is the best place for me to order parts from? I found gmpartsdirect.com but I am not sure if that is the best place. Anyone have any ideas and experience with these companies? I need headlights, bumper cover, fenders and other misc parts.

Thanks,
Dan

AirCav
11-26-07, 02:22 PM
Lindsay Cadillac. No brainer. They are a forum sponsor and you won't find better service anywhere.

Luke will hook you up.

rand49er
11-26-07, 02:39 PM
I wrecked my V a while back and am now in need of some parts. The prices I got from the body shop were full retail. Where is the best place for me to order parts from? I found gmpartsdirect.com but I am not sure if that is the best place. Anyone have any ideas and experience with these companies? I need headlights, bumper cover, fenders and other misc parts.

Thanks,
DanDan, I'm biased. I got screwed by gmpartsdirect on a faulty PCM. And, I've bought a bunch of stuff from Lindsay and have had nothing but excellent service every time. Just my $0.02.

BTW, sorry 'bout your V. :crying2:

mrwhite
11-26-07, 02:42 PM
I've purchased from gmpartsdirect. I was surprised with how fast the parts got to my door. They have ridiculously cheap prices. Recently though, I've been purchasing parts through www.gmpartshouse.com. Basically the same thing as gmpartsdirect, but they have much more reasonable shipping.

OldRoadDawg
11-26-07, 04:37 PM
Where is the best place for me to order parts from?
Look no further. Call Luke. Tell him you are a forum member. Lindsay is a supporting vendor to the forum. The parts will be correct. Easy to work with.

Lindsay Cadillac
Luke Butler
(703) 647-8670
lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

CTSV_Rob
11-26-07, 06:04 PM
Another vote for my favorite Caddy Dealer LUKE AT LINDSAY!

cts-v ls6
11-26-07, 08:04 PM
Trans Steer is were I got my LS7 crate motor. They also have factory and low mileage take-off body parts (like rear bumper covers),

http://stores.ebay.com/TRAN-STEER-INC_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQpZ6QQtZkm

The other place to check for similar items is Cleveland Pick-a Part:

http://stores.ebay.com/Cleveland-Pick-A-Part

Jack

cts-v ls6
11-26-07, 08:08 PM
Dan, you are aware that the rear bumper cover can be heated and reused--at least 3 times, because I had a local shop here keep fixing mine as I continued to back into things? It looked perfect each time. ALOT cheaper than a new cover. Just my .02.

Jack

benh
11-26-07, 08:35 PM
Dal Slabaugh is also a good choice. I have been buying GM parts from him for all my GM cars - started with him in 96 with my Impala SS. Will match or beat anyone's price and is easy to work with...and knows his parts.

Black Sunshine
11-27-07, 10:14 AM
First, I give Luke a call on new V parts (plus he does kick-ass group buys). Then I call Mr. Dal to price check. email: lockitup@bright.net or through his toll free number: 877-448-5451. I buy all my new Impy parts from Dal. He has a similar relationship with the Impala community as Luke does here.

They are both VERY good at what they do.

Feffman
11-27-07, 12:35 PM
Look no further. Call Luke. Tell him you are a forum member. Lindsay is a supporting vendor to the forum. The parts will be correct. Easy to work with.

Lindsay Cadillac
Luke Butler
(703) 647-8670
lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

DITTO!

Feff

SuperV_Rob
12-04-07, 07:46 PM
DITTO!

Feff

I drive my "V" from Florida to Virginia to have Lindsay Cadillac work on it and I won't purchase a piece, part, or option for this car from anyone but Luke! My .02... Regards, Rob

Ak Jim
12-05-07, 12:04 PM
Dal Slabaugh has retired. I just read a post on Impalla SS forum. He listed his new place on employment. You moght want to check it out.