: CTSV sneaks into SCCA T1 Natl Champ Broadcast

JMBCTSV
11-26-07, 12:34 PM
Good morning everyone,

Just a reminder if anyone is interested at all; SPEED channel will be broadcasting the SCCA Touring 1 National Championship race on Wednesday Nov. 28th at noon EST and at 3am also. I was the runner up in a 2005 Corvette, but my true love is the CTSV, the "Battle Box" in the Touring 2 class (to be broadcast in Jan.). They taped a segment that may or may not make it into the TV broadcast that showed both cars, so the V will get a little love. Tune in or tape it if you are interested. Plus you can make fun of me:thumbsup:

Nels
11-26-07, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'm looking forward to watching it.

rand49er
11-26-07, 03:49 PM
Thanks! Going to setup the DVR right now to record it.

Pegasus04
11-26-07, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the reminder! :highfive:

calicadi
11-28-07, 10:46 PM
Must see TV

rand49er
11-29-07, 09:47 AM
Had a chance to watch the first hour last night on the DVR. (I love to fastforward through the commmercials. :cool:) I must say, I really enjoyed it with some nice red wine and the rest of the family in bed sleeping!

But, John, other than seeing you lodge yourself into the second position right from the start, then briefly interviewing you while standing next to your V, and a second quick interview at the end, they hardly showed you driving at all! Mostly, they showed guys trading paint (and more!) while contesting eighth and third positions and a bit of Aquilante (sp?), the eventual winner, but none of you actually driving ... did I miss something? :hmm: I haven't watched the other two hours yet.

BTW, pretty serious out there when that Viper locked 'em up going into that turn and smacked into the side of the Corvette causing him to lose his door!