: Bel RX65 install

GOTTSPD
11-25-07, 09:12 PM
Hey there.

I'm taking a brief mental break from working. So this weekend I finally got around to re-installing my Bel RX65. I had the cig wire connector for a wire, but that wasn't cutting it for me, so I got a hard wire connection kit (which includes the little wired remote piece. I initially installed it so that the remote piece was sitting in front of the guage cluster. I decided it looked tacky and thought it would be cool to reinstall it in the ashtray. Unfortunately, this required completely uninstalling the wiring and pulling the climate control panel again. No big deal really. I finished the job in about 40 minutes and it looks great. No wires are visible except for the short run of wire from the side of the detector itself down into the windshield. The remote unit in the ashtray looks cool. Drop it down and I have ready access to the volume button and close it up to give a stock look. Adding nitrous control switches there would be much cooler, but this will do for now). :)

nikon
11-25-07, 11:20 PM
:postpics:

Silver Dollar
11-26-07, 12:05 AM
But it's still not a V1.

I have a V1 and it makes me look taller.

Natedog
11-26-07, 01:04 PM
Yea some pics would be sweet. Anyone have hardwiring instructions for a Passport 8500 x50 ? My guess is it's similar to the ones in the faq for hardwiring a V1.. havn't looked into it yet though

GOTTSPD
11-26-07, 09:51 PM
The 8500x50 is the same thing as the Bel RX65 (except that the x50 is not quite as sensitive and it doesn't have voice alerts). Thus, it wires in very, very easily with the direct wire kit (2 wire connection (power and ground)) as the Bel.

Natedog
11-27-07, 12:23 AM
The 8500x50 is the same thing as the Bel RX65 (except that the x50 is not quite as sensitive and it doesn't have voice alerts). Thus, it wires in very, very easily with the direct wire kit (2 wire connection (power and ground)) as the Bel.
OK. Thats what i figured.. i got the direct wire kit en route and will hook it up later this week... i noticed u hinted towards nitrous in your original post... u considering doing it? i'd love to take a ride in a V with spray if u ever decide to go that route as i have had thoughts of possibly doin a 125 shot in the spring... the ls2 should handle it quite nicely if tuned properly