: Fuel System

Naf
11-25-07, 08:44 AM
Ok, here is a good one to think about...

I have confirmed info the LS2 rails will fit on the LS6 with a little adaptor kit (Shims and fatter orings) and a little bendin of brackets...

But which is a better plug and play...

The LS6 consists of a returnless regulator and injectors

The LS2 consists of a none regulated rails and shorter injectors

The FAST will work on both but you literly need to buy everything else extra...(PM me if you want mine,connection kit, gauge, with extra hose, + + +)

Each has its up and downs...

The stock has its limitations but its already installed

The LS2 probably needs a regulator and a mod to the fuel line from the wall. but is capable of out flowing the LS6.

The FAST has plenty of adaptors and is very flexible, but is also very prone for leaks...And as the LS2, probably need a fuel regulator...

These are my facts i picked up while researchin, what are your facts through experience...

Naf
11-26-07, 03:51 AM
Latest news...

I did some more researchin, and found the followin interestin information.

The LS2 Rails flow better then the LS1 rails. However if you were going to swap them you would need shims and fatter orings for the top of the LS1 injectors.

The regulator like gizmo on our LS1 rails is actually there for pulse damperin. So we dont get spikes in our fuel pressure. So if you really wanted to you possibily could run with out it, but your idle may be a bit rough and your top end a wee bit unperdictable. I ordered an adaptor kit for the LS2 fuel rails...Will keep you all posted on this out come...

We hit just about everything in this furom except fuel delivery, which in my mind aught to be one of the top three things we discuss...

CTSV_Rob
11-26-07, 03:59 AM
I would like to know if some one has gone to larger injectors becuase of increased HP, larger displacement, Cam, FI...

Naf
11-26-07, 04:36 AM
I would like to know if some one has gone to larger injectors becuase of increased HP, larger displacement, Cam, FI...

Personally i would have to say yes...Guys with the maggies have, and i would also have to say for those with NA that pump out more than 50hp over stock...

The LS6 hates lean mixtures.