: Borla Exhaust??

04whiteSMG
11-24-07, 09:41 PM
Hey guys im new to the forum and hoping to get a cts v within the upcoming months, i need to get back in to american muscle. Well anyway im looking into exhausts already.

I love the way the corsa sounds but i have always ran borla exhaust on my cars. Borla sounded great on my 02 mustang gt (sold) and sounds good on my '04 bmw m3 (trying to sell so i can get into american muscle). But I cant seem to find a sound clip on the borla exhaust on the cts v, I love the borla sound on the c5 corvettes but im trying to get a sound clip of the exhaust on the V, if someone could send me a link that would be great!

In the mean time wish me luck selling my M3 so i can go out and get a V...can't wait!!!

Thanks guys!

Claimslngr
11-24-07, 11:26 PM
try zoomers exhaust which will give you the american muscle rumble:thumbsup:

JonCR96Z
11-25-07, 12:04 AM
Call Borla and see if they have sold any.

04whiteSMG
11-25-07, 12:28 AM
well im lookng for something loud, i dont want it to be quiet, so if the zoomers is louder then the corsa, i might have to go with the zoomers! does anyone have any experience on which on is louder?, im looking for the loudest exhaust with that muscle car tone!(i have heard corsa and it sounds mean, but i went to the zoomers website and its not really a good soundclip)

Silver Dollar
11-25-07, 12:33 AM
Single chamber Flowmasters with an X pipe

JonCR96Z
11-25-07, 12:41 AM
well im lookng for something loud, i dont want it to be quiet, so if the zoomers is louder then the corsa, i might have to go with the zoomers! does anyone have any experience on which on is louder?, im looking for the loudest exhaust with that muscle car tone!(i have heard corsa and it sounds mean, but i went to the zoomers website and its not really a good soundclip)

Are you worried about being legal?

9v81PkDSudw

Silver Dollar
11-25-07, 12:45 AM
I love the sound of Jon's ^^

JonCR96Z
11-25-07, 12:48 AM
O1EN9Sve288

Silver Dollar
11-25-07, 12:49 AM
Give us a run down of your set up again please.

JonCR96Z
11-25-07, 12:53 AM
Kooks 1 3/4", no cats, Magnaflow cat back, and Flowmaster Super 44s in place of the Magnaflow mufflers.

lunarx
11-25-07, 01:01 AM
If you want a real hardcore race sound get a Corsa but replace the Resonator with an X-Pipe.
I bet that would make you grin. :cool2:

04whiteSMG
11-25-07, 01:02 AM
that sounds crazy but i dont know if i want to get into all that!! but sounds sickkkk

04whiteSMG
11-25-07, 01:04 AM
corsa with an x pipe?? might work, where would you get the x pipe from to fit the v

Silver Dollar
11-25-07, 01:08 AM
Kooks 1 3/4", no cats, Magnaflow cat back, and Flowmaster Super 44s in place of the Magnaflow mufflers.

It's the headers w/o cats that makes the difference.

JonCR96Z
11-25-07, 01:13 AM
NO! I'm sure they don't hurt, but when I had the Magnaflow mufflers still on it was barely any difference with or without cats. The flows made night and day difference. I wish I had gotten a clip before I changed it. Muffler shop couldn't believe how much difference it made either.

lunarx
11-25-07, 01:38 AM
corsa with an x pipe?? might work, where would you get the x pipe from to fit the v

Your good friends from Magnaflow make 2.5" & 3" kits

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/mpe-10792_w.jpg

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MPE%2D10791&N=700+%2D45725+115&autoview=sku

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MPE%2D10792&N=700+%2D45725+115&autoview=sku

Your exhaust shop can easily swap it with the Corsa resonator.
(just find a shop that has and mandrel-bends stainless-pipe)

That would be the X-Pipe John has feeding his Flowmasters.
After you swap your Corsa Resonator for the X-Pipe you can send Jon your resonator. :histeric:

Guess who will soon be selling a Corsa from the resonators back? :suspense:

lunarx
11-25-07, 01:45 AM
NO! I'm sure they don't hurt, but when I had the Magnaflow mufflers still on it was barely any difference with or without cats. The flows made night and day difference. I wish I had gotten a clip before I changed it. Muffler shop couldn't believe how much difference it made either.

Very true.
Magnaflow mufflers are super Mellow.
After installing to a friends V the exhaust shop guys (and me) were all shocked how quiet it was. :confused:

Corsa (even with resonator) is much louder.

My exhaust guy is trying to convince me my exhaust could be quieter with Flowmasters. :eek:

Untill someone does Corsas with an X-Pipe we won't know which is really loudest, Corsa or Flowmaster.
With any luck, the Corsa might drone less (than Flowmaster).

Silver Dollar
11-25-07, 01:45 AM

That surprises me too.

You be trippin off da flows!