: Firebird Raceway Pix From Today...

Chef
11-24-07, 07:49 PM
A few pics had some hay bail pieces on the grill from a spin out from a vette in front of me. 5 spin-outs total from several cars including an M6, one (brand new vette - guy picked it up today & crashed it):eek: - He's ok but maybe 20k in damage.

Main straights were slick as hell with temps in the 60's-70's. I have 70 minutes of footage that needs major editing...

Caddy ran well.:bouncy:

Just joined a new run group and they're on it! "Pro Autosports"

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/ChefsVenom/Firebird2.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/ChefsVenom/Firebird3.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/ChefsVenom/Firebird1.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/ChefsVenom/Firebird4.jpg

CIWS
11-24-07, 07:53 PM
Those aren't pieces from hay bails on the car. They're ectoplasmic debris leftover from Soulconsumption :thumbsup:

Flyboy
11-24-07, 08:09 PM
Dammit....Chef....I'm in town......I woulda' come out and let you kick my ass today.....let me know next time.

Cheers

Chef
11-24-07, 10:42 PM
will do flyboy...

CTSV_Rob
11-24-07, 10:49 PM
That red vette behind you the one that crashed?

Great Pic's Chef.

AZCTSV
11-25-07, 12:44 AM
You guys out there again on Sunday? I am out in Maricopa so not too far to stop by and enjoy the fun!

rand49er
11-25-07, 07:21 AM
Great pics! Glad your car ran well, too. :thumbsup:

Geez, if I was close, I'd LOVE to come out and cheer you on. You lucky dog, Jimmy, you.

BTW, Chef, where's your CadillacForums.com decal? :rolleyes:

crankedupforit
11-25-07, 10:25 AM
Chef
What is the RWHP on that KATECH bad boy? I've always admired the way you've prepped that car. Not overdone and very distinctive. Also what was the main reason you went from the Maggie to the Katech, since you probably put up some good numbers with your old mods as well?

Chef
11-25-07, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the props -

I'm now in the 520's rwhp N/A with torque all day looooong and instantly without heat soak and lag plus bearing issues or magnavolt mis-haps. Don't get me wrong, I still love Maggie I just asked for a seperation and she moved out and I kept the house:yup:

I still have room in my tune though - still on the summer rich tune. I'll be out today to watch a little of the enduro but not racing.

Where are the caddy decals?

That red vette behind you the one that crashed?

Great Pic's Chef.

No, that vette behind me was eventually a mile behind. The one that crashed was a silver c6 with roll bar, custom seats, 6k wheels, new rubber, 300 shot nos kit (disabled) all the bling and I introduced myself and had him join our pit with the guys and he said he'd never been out etc. etc. I told him to take it slow especially since it was in the 60's and the track was cold as well as our tires -I was at 30 and rechecked before going out and they were 26.

crankedupforit
11-25-07, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE=Chef;1304562]Thanks for the props -

I'm now in the 520's rwhp N/A with torque all day looooong and instantly without heat soak and lag plus bearing issues or magnavolt mis-haps. Don't get me wrong, I still love Maggie I just asked for a seperation and she moved out and I kept the house:yup:

I still have room in my tune though - still on the summer rich tune. I'll be out today to watch a little of the enduro but not racing.

Where are the caddy decals?

So that must put you at least 620-630HP at the flywheel. Other than some modded vettes, hard to see what could keep up with you on the track. BTW how streetable is that stroker anyway? Once again, nice job.

BBV
11-25-07, 03:27 PM
Awesome Chef, Absolutely Awesome!

I love seeing our V’s doing what they do best on a Closed Course!

I have driven the East, West and Bondurant courses but have yet to run the Firebird.
I think a road trip this winter is in order.

Chef
11-25-07, 07:05 PM
Got to a nice 1.22 and 1.23 respectively - My first time out at F-main.

Need a race seat big time....

BBV
11-25-07, 07:15 PM
Got to a nice 1.22 and 1.23 respectively - My first time out at F-main.

Race seat(s) for sure. You may also want to weld in a full roll cage and install a five point harness as well.

As nice as our seats are, lateral support is close to nil. :banghead:

CIWS
11-25-07, 07:22 PM

I realize it's not out yet, but since the 09V is supposed to have recaro seats as an option, do you think that will be worth it in the car ?

Chef
11-25-07, 07:23 PM
All of the above are on the list if I don't sell.

Thinking full M3 race with truck/trailor might do it though... Just spoke to a pro driver on Saturday with his and he was flying. 2,500lbs with 400hp is pretty fast...and he was 250 of that so we hit it off:histeric:

BBV
11-25-07, 07:35 PM
My 2 cents.
Bag the M3 and go straight for a 997 GT3 RSR. :hide:
Thatíll get you around the track in a hurry and all youíll need to add is gas and tires.

Chef
11-25-07, 09:42 PM
I hear ya all the way:sneaky:

Twitch
11-25-07, 09:56 PM
All of the above are on the list if I don't sell.

Thinking full M3 race with truck/trailor might do it though... Just spoke to a pro driver on Saturday with his and he was flying. 2,500lbs with 400hp is pretty fast...and he was 250 of that so we hit it off:histeric:

No sell.....:thehand: