: Need some help...Please!!! New Problem.

Venomous-V
11-24-07, 04:44 PM
Update to my earlier thread about magnavolt fuse blowing... Ran new wires from trunk to MV and fixed the problem(one wire was half cut through.)
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
New problem: Woke this morning to a dead car. No power at all. Jumped it and began to run it through the gears, then the service airbag soon screen flashed, then i was pushin hard through third when all of a sudden car went completely dead...no lights, power or anything. coasted into my drive way and tried gear starting the car and it did but with reduced power(service engine screen apeared, no response to gas pedal when pressed.

Anyone have a clue where to begin to diagnose this?
Fuse blown somewhere?
alternator?
bad connection somewhere?
wiring harness to close to headers?

heavymetals
11-24-07, 04:58 PM
How did you run your new wires and what guage are they?

First off measure your battery and see if it didn't take a crap.

If the car is running measure the voltage at the battery posts.

Venomous-V
11-24-07, 05:50 PM
Ran the wires over the rear away from heat and anything moving. Used 12 Guage wires. Voltage read was 14.3 in car when it was on.

heavymetals
11-24-07, 07:23 PM
What voltage is it when the motor isn't running?

12 guage from the front to the rear?

That is kind of light to run that far.

SkullV
11-24-07, 08:29 PM
are the wires to the magnavolt run directly from the positive to the magnavolt and back to the negative...i know it sounds dumb but its a common mistake, make sure there is a switch or relay in there or it will always be running and drawing off the battery

Venomous-V
11-24-07, 11:14 PM
I dont know the voltage with the car off, i dont have a volt meter..but interior lights dont even go on.
I installed the MV as directed in the instructions using dual 12 gauge wire from the trunk up to the MV. Everything is proper with the MV install.

heavymetals
11-25-07, 02:46 AM
Sounds like your battery took a dump.

Venomous-V
11-25-07, 10:29 AM
Could that really cause the air bag light to come on and limp mode and shutting off while driving?

2004ctsv
11-25-07, 11:29 AM
Could that really cause the air bag light to come on and limp mode and shutting off while driving?

Yes
In my old Buick, a broken post in the battery caused my transmission to downshift at wrong times. GM replaced the battery to fix my transmission problems.

A lot of V owners have had the batteries replaced by the dealer.

Also, that fuse in the Magnavolt power supply is a problem. Magnusson send me a new one to install. No problems since then.

JonCR96Z
11-25-07, 11:33 AM
I've had my battery die a few times, and it makes the car do weird stuff.

Venomous-V
11-25-07, 01:54 PM
New battery in and all is good so far! Never thought a battery could do that to a car. Thank you to everyone for solving this simple dumb problem... Moderators:feel free to close.