: Superchips, Diablo, Jet

jlh81
11-24-07, 03:30 PM
Has anyone here ever put one on there car? If so did it really help out. Any Dyno charts before and after. And should i get one

Naf
11-25-07, 04:17 AM
Has anyone here ever put one on there car? If so did it really help out. Any Dyno charts before and after. And should i get one

I used the diablo before on another vehicle, and thought about gettin another. but to be honest there is nothing like a proper tune.

1. These tuners just flood your engine with more fuel by playin with the MAF settings,
2. they claim more hp but its merely from movin the rev limiter
3. a proper tune is so much better for the tuner gets your A/F right and you may drive with no issues Ie Engine light due to too rich or lean...

For the guy with no access to a laptop or a dyna these are a good quick fix. But a quick fix it is only.

dont_blink
11-25-07, 04:26 AM
HP Tuners.

Nuff said.

randycsvt
11-25-07, 09:18 AM
you can still get custom tunes with these kinds of flash programmers. Take your car to your local dyno tuner, have him or her make you some custom tunes, load them on your diablosport,xcal2, whatever, and flash the PCM.

I think these are the best way to tune a vehicle because: you dont have to remove the PCM, can switch tunes in about a minute or so, and can have your tunes edited and emailed to you as well as make your own minor changes.

This also means you can flash your car back to stock when you go to the dealer, and never have to worry about them erasing what you paid so much for.

Pick the actual person who is tuning your car before you pick the tuning device. I would just find my local expert tuner and then use whichever brand they carry. Most places are going to be dealers for just one of these brands (i.e places that sell xcal2's will not sell diablosport or jet chip tuners.