: Who bought NEW out of state and financed?

Me Wanna A V
11-24-07, 09:44 AM
If I purchase a new 2007 out of state, and I want to finance the whole vehicle- including tax, tag, titile, how would that happen. I don't see how they could collect tax and get me a tag if it's going to be registered in a different state.:hmm:

Any help would be great. Thanks guys!

Gary

Bueller
11-24-07, 09:57 AM
I just bought a used 2005 V with 900 miles in Iowa and I live in Florida. The caddy dealer handled the financing, title and tax + registration. I faxed a copy of my registration, they looked up the FL tag agency online and handled the tag transfer. They even offered to include the tax and reg in the loan. Apparently this is more common than you may think. PM me if you have any other questions. Waiting on the shipping company to deliver the goods now...Good luck

Howsitgoing
11-24-07, 10:18 AM
Couple of different ways to go about it.

First, they can look up the tax rate for the state you are registering it. Say 6%. The state you are buying it is 6%. You can pay the 6% to the state you are buying it, then when you go to register in your state, provide the bill of sale stating you already paid sales tax and you should not have to pay in your state. Some states don't care, some do. I have done this between RI and PA.

What I did with my CTS-V is got the loan for the full amount including the sales tax for the state I was going to register it. The dealer in the state selling the car then cut me a check fback or the amount of the sales tax. I deposited that check into my account and paid the sales tax from my checking account. That was MO to VA.

L2irVine
11-24-07, 07:32 PM
First check with the DMV for your state. In California you can not buy a car out of state unless it has 7500 miles already on it.

cvettr/cts-v
11-26-07, 11:41 AM
I bought my v in texas and live / registered it in missouri. i too was uneasy when offered this option but i called my local license office and this must happen often. i gave dealer the license office address as he had to mail check to them and they called when check arrived and i went in to finish the paperwork. the dealer and i looked up taxes on the net to decide how much to send as an overpayment would be a hassle and would have to be refunded to the loan holder (gmac in my case) so i paid $87.00 at the license office and was done. after you check out process i reccomend doing it if you can.

z06bigbird
11-26-07, 11:39 PM
First check with the DMV for your state. In California you can not buy a car out of state unless it has 7500 miles already on it.

Does anyone ever roll their odometers forward?? I know it is illegal to roll odometers back, but I don't know if rolling them forward will land you in jail.

??

rdjiv
11-27-07, 12:23 AM
I bought mine in CA but am a resident of FL. It has been 4 months and i still haven't had my registration paperwork taken care of. needless to say, the dealer is slacking in a major way. CA is not the best state in which to do business.

Crown Vic Owner
11-27-07, 12:35 AM
Does anyone ever roll their odometers forward?? I know it is illegal to roll odometers back, but I don't know if rolling them forward will land you in jail.

??
it will

sy1172
11-27-07, 07:45 AM
Why would anyone buy these new? They tank in value so fast. I bought my 05 a year ago with 4,000 miles for $34,000, nearly 20K under MSRP. Find a used one and save yourself a boatload!

cvettr/cts-v
11-27-07, 09:56 AM
to some it makes alot of sense to let others take the depreciation hit. while others just want to be the first owner so they know how it was treated that coupled with 0% interest which if your not paying cash can save as much or more than the cost of depreciation depending on amount financed of course. there are good arguments on both sides of this issue.