: 300c

156MPH
05-04-04, 02:42 AM
Has anyone driven the hemi version......does it have any guts?

Ralph
05-04-04, 02:53 AM
345 hp? It should!! I never drove one YET, but I took my parents to see the cream white 300 with a hemi in my hometown this weekend. I couldn't believe my dad saying it was OK!! For him to admit a Chrysler is "OK" is about as rare as pigs flying! The styling has to be seen, and it is dramatic in person. I like it. There could be more back seat leg room however.

Msilva954
05-04-04, 06:57 AM
My fathers friends bought one.....they are gourgeous in my opinion. He got a Black on Grey with the Hemi and all the possible factory and dealer installed options. It topped out at 39k.....not bad considering some dealers are adding to that price...but then again its American and will soon have rebates.

airbalancer
05-04-04, 07:07 AM
Why do I think of the Green Hornet 'sor Green Lanturn's (super hero's from the comics in the sixty's) car?
I do not like the front endor small windows.
The price looks good, but has anyone seen a Chrysler older then 10 years old.
I hear Chrysler had a K car out at one time. LOL

RBraczyk
05-04-04, 08:52 AM
they did have a k car, i had to drive one for drivers ed.

156MPH
05-04-04, 10:50 AM
Wife wants one.she drives a 2001 LHS now, to bad GRN HRNT plate is already taken:)

ttown
05-04-04, 11:17 AM
Check out this link.

http://superdave3692.home.comcast.net/300cdrifting.wmv

Blackout
05-04-04, 11:38 AM
All I know is that the Hemi C 300C was a let down in a half. On the outside it doesn't look too bad but the interior....... :banghead: talk about cheap looking and cheap feeling! There wasn't one thing I liked about that interior. Every where you looked in there was cheap this and cheap that. Hell the carpet was this cheap crappy carpet and in the back where the driveshaft goes and there a buldge in the middle of the floor they squared it off and the car on the edges is all frayed looking and.......I'm just at a loss for words on the car. The car sounds like a great idea at first but as usual Chrysler shoots themselves in the foot by trying to save a few bucks here and there. But the Hemi version does have balls though. The fastest magazine time I've seen for one was a 13.9. So if you want a car that goes fast, looks so-so on the outside, and looks cheaper then a kia on the inside then a 300C Hemi C is what you need

Stoneage_Caddy
05-04-04, 01:19 PM
i saw one in traffic , had 20 inch wheels that kept spinning , interesting look on that car , tons beatter than the stock wheels

still reminds me of "The Car" an old movie that was on NBC years ago

brougham
05-04-04, 01:57 PM
I saw 2 of them at the dealer over the weekend but they were V6 ones. I thought the interior looked alright. Then again I would have been more interested in them if they had a hemi.

The price looks good, but has anyone seen a Chrysler older then 10 years old.
I hear Chrysler had a K car out at one time. LOL

You usually don't see many cars that are over 10 years old around here. At least not many that are in really good shape. But every time I look out the window I see a 20 year old Fifth Avenue sitting in the driveway. That should say something about rear wheel drive Chryslers.

ShadowLvr400
05-04-04, 03:09 PM
I loke the exterior looks, havent seen them inside though. As for the Hemi, I'm waiting till the AWD ones show up. I know, I'll hear about how that adds more weight, but 5.7L, some work and that Hemi could be pretty beastly. Give that much horse and torque 4 wheels to go to the ground through, and you'll see some wild 1/4 times. Though they'll prolly start to pant up top on AWD.

Ralph
05-04-04, 06:21 PM
Here is the one we saw on Sunday: Click "new Vehicles" (then click under "window sticker.") Scroll further down when on "window sticker" to see the gas mileage!!

http://www.urbancounty.fivestardealers.ca/indexfacade.cgi

Playdrv4me
05-04-04, 06:39 PM
I think this is a more than respectable effort at a great mid-sized sedan on Chryslers part, especially with some of the crap they have out there. I dont know why theres complaints about the interior, I think its well done for the price though it could lose some cheap bits.

Heres the thing, I was trying to figure out which vehicle this car goes up against squarely and HANDS DOWN it has to be the Infiniti M45, even the exterior is somewhat similar. My opinion? Pound for Pound the Chrysler BEATS the infiniti for the money. Same 345 Horse engine, RWD, AWD available soon, all the creature comforts you need and hey, the M45 interior is modern Nissan-o-cheap too so they even compare on interior qualities. A topped out M45 is easily into the 50's, so Chrysler has a price edge here thats gonna attract alot of people from the other lots.

Pimpin_Whity
05-04-04, 07:04 PM
All I know is that the Hemi C 300C was a let down in a half. On the outside it doesn't look too bad but the interior....... :banghead: talk about cheap looking and cheap feeling! There wasn't one thing I liked about that interior. Every where you looked in there was cheap this and cheap that. Hell the carpet was this cheap crappy carpet and in the back where the driveshaft goes and there a buldge in the middle of the floor they squared it off and the car on the edges is all frayed looking and.......I'm just at a loss for words on the car. The car sounds like a great idea at first but as usual Chrysler shoots themselves in the foot by trying to save a few bucks here and there. But the Hemi version does have balls though. The fastest magazine time I've seen for one was a 13.9. So if you want a car that goes fast, looks so-so on the outside, and looks cheaper then a kia on the inside then a 300C Hemi C is what you needthe 745iL, starting at $75,000 is not better on the interior and even the 760iL probably wouldn't match the performance of the 300C :worship:

shaggygrosser
05-05-04, 10:27 AM
I personally like the styling, I see it as the po' man's Bentley.

RBraczyk
05-05-04, 12:19 PM
If you want a poor man's bentley, get a kia amanti. Those look nice. I love the gas mileage, thats worse than my truck! LOL

Blackout
05-05-04, 12:58 PM
Kia Amanti:

http://www.kia.com/images/amanti/2004-20.jpg

300C:

http://gallery.thevboard.com/users/FastSpecV/300C.jpg

Pimpin_Whity
05-05-04, 04:53 PM
the 760Li
http://www.maximum-cars.com/Cars/BMW/2003%20760Li/2003-760Li-4.jpg

if all that aluminum in the 300C was wood, i cant say that this would be better

Ralph
05-05-04, 05:26 PM
i saw one in traffic , had 20 inch wheels that kept spinning , interesting look on that car , tons beatter than the stock wheels

still reminds me of "The Car" an old movie that was on NBC years ago
Didn't James Brolin star in that movie? About 1977 or so? I think that car was something like a 1970 Lincoln, chopped. The new 300 does look like that car a bit because of the narrow side windows giving the 300 a cool custom appearance. I wonder what the new 300 would look like in black?

156MPH
05-05-04, 09:41 PM
I heard some rumors that they were testing a police car version? any one know?

Playdrv4me
05-06-04, 04:51 AM
now THAT would be a worthy successor to the Ford Crown Victoria!

brougham
05-06-04, 10:49 AM
If they made a police car version I think they'd probably use the Dodge Magnum or at least add that and the 300 together. Or at least you'd hope they would because when police cars are usually Fords or Dodges or Chevys people might have a bit of a problem paying a lot for the 300C if they see them driving around as police cars.

ShadowLvr400
05-06-04, 12:05 PM
I dont know about the Magnum seeing action as a police vehicle. There's no real need for the wagon build. A high power cruising sedan is all it takes. Aside from the specialty police vehicles, such as Tahoes and Rams for off road work, and Camaros for hunting down the very fast stuff. (FL uses Ram 1500's heavily for the swamp work.) The 300 could easily see action, but it would likely be a stripped out version withe the Hemi in it, and Mopar will probably give some additional life to the car. But, it will probably be several years before stations look to DCB for police vehicles. Many stations recently accepted having to buy new Vics with little other options out. Some areas used the Intrepid, and many took the Impala as a light cruiser. A few select stations said they're not giving up their bubbles, and sent them out for refits. As it stands right now, I doubt too many places are actually looking for new cars.

lowscola
05-06-04, 12:27 PM
I loke the exterior looks, havent seen them inside though. As for the Hemi, I'm waiting till the AWD ones show up. I know, I'll hear about how that adds more weight, but 5.7L, some work and that Hemi could be pretty beastly. Give that much horse and torque 4 wheels to go to the ground through, and you'll see some wild 1/4 times. Though they'll prolly start to pant up top on AWD.

AWD is only going to be an option with the 3.5-litre, V-6's

Stoneage_Caddy
05-06-04, 03:18 PM
there will be a dodge version of the 300c in sedan form . stay tuned till june when the body is submitted to nascar for approval , the car is desigend to fit the nascar/policecar formula , aka 4 door ,hemi power ,and rear drive

going by either "charger" or "daytona" or "charger daytona" , i belive charger will be the name with cues taken from the charger concept a few years back

gust_1980
05-10-04, 01:36 AM
i really like them, and compared with similar vehicles the price just destroys. the interior leaves some to be desired, but i think that some caddy interiors lately need some work too.

airbalancer
05-10-04, 08:12 AM
At Home Depot yesterday saw someone with a 300C with the rear seat folder put about 20 2x2 it the truck :banghead: :tisk:
Why o Why would you do this.
Love having a truck has a second vehicle
Ok Green Lantern can fly so 300C must look like Green Hornet's car, but did he have a Lincoln?

FastCTS
05-10-04, 10:24 AM
I ordered one Saturday, Black 300C Hemi. We are buying it for my other half, sure. Now we will have to decide who takes what, CTS OR 300. :want:

gothicaleigh
05-10-04, 05:16 PM
The 300 got spanked in the latest Road&Track by the CTS. :)

http://www.couchpotato.ca/stored/RoadAndTrack.jpg

What one are you taking now? ;)

Okay, I admit the Hemi (C) version will be a bit faster in a straight line. Of course, that's why we have the V...

Swangin-&-Bangin
05-10-04, 05:37 PM
Check out this link.

http://superdave3692.home.comcast.net/300cdrifting.wmv
Daaauummmm!!!!! To bad our caddys can't do that :(

Msilva954
05-10-04, 05:52 PM
The 300C can stay with the V easy........i think one mag got a 5.3 to 60 as the lowest and the highest ive seen is 5.6 and thats with a 5 sp auto.......take into consideration some of the sucky stick drivers and that could be like a 6.2 to 60.

Pimpin_Whity
05-10-04, 05:58 PM
The 300 got spanked in the latest Road&Track by the CTS. :)

What one are you taking now? ;)

Okay, I admit the Hemi (C) version will be a bit faster in a straight line. Of course, that's why we have the V...
the 300C will blast the regular CTS away, but it wouldn't be fun comparing any car on that list to the 300C :rolleyes2

ShadowLvr400
05-10-04, 10:45 PM
AWD is only going to be an option with the 3.5-litre, V-6's

One of my mags said the AWD will come to the 3.5 V6, and the 5.7 Hemi when they arrive in the fall. Hmmm

Ralph
05-11-04, 04:45 AM
I guess the dealer was wrong about the wood on the steering wheel! According to my brochure it is California Walnut.

Man, this car was built for comfort judging by the 120 inch wheelbase. Overall length is 196.8 inches. However the trunk space isn't that impressive at 15.6 cu ft.

If I knew the weight of the car (brochure no mention) then I could decide for myself if the 250 hp V6 with 250 ft. lbs. of torque is adequate. I'm guessing around 4,000 lbs?

RBraczyk
05-11-04, 05:53 AM
Well, the CTS-V has more HP but since its a caddy, it weighs more than a 300C so its gonna be a tie.

_hp_
05-11-04, 07:27 AM
The CTS-V should be able to take care of the Hemi version on the track, since the V is designed to compete with the M5, and from what I've heard/seen (I haven't driven either one yet) the CTS-V is a great performer.

I must say that I love the 300c, the Hemi version. I like the boxy look, and the fact that it's got a Hemi.