: I know this is an Old one but bare with me

GMBOUND
11-23-07, 08:25 PM
I just joined the Ipod revolution today.
160GB Classic.

I would like input on the best way (device) to connect the Ipod to the V.
Could someone post some screen shots of the user interface that is provided on the H.U of the V when connected to the Ipod?

Once again, I would love to have the Kenwood DNX7100 installed so that I could play music and videos on the Headunit but I don't want to use my D.I.C.

Has anyone came up with any way to have a remotely located GUI for the DIC?

Also does devices like the cleansweep, etc allow you to control the Ipod through the head unit or do they just allow the music to be played over the care speakers?

Natedog
11-24-07, 10:03 AM
I'd like to hear peoples opinions on Radiosandmore kit and the Neo kit. I'm not sure if anyone has experience with the Neo yet as i've searched and not turned anything up,.. but it seems the Nucleus kit gets poor reviews and the GM iConnect lacks in features... thats just my opinions from what i've read across the forum...

Here's a link to the Neo for those that havn't seen it
http://www.neocaraudio.com/product_info.php?products_id=1085

CTSV_Rob
11-24-07, 12:29 PM
That neo kit does look interesting.

Natedog
11-24-07, 01:51 PM
Yeah... i just don't want to have to make a ton of playlists for my iPod which it seems the iConnect makes you do... i want to hook it up and scroll through Artist, Album, and choose the song i want... at least with the Neo, you can pick up the iPod and go to the song you want as it doesn't lock it out... not sure if it allows you free reign through the headunit / steering wheel controls though

CTSV_Rob
11-24-07, 03:26 PM
I'm holding off on my Blue tooth interface now, I am going to wait to see what kind of response you get on this unit. If I'm going to put an Ipod I/F in I want to maake sure it has full control.

GMBOUND
11-24-07, 04:33 PM
Can anyone provide screenshots as to what you see with each device

Mystical_Ice
11-24-07, 06:19 PM
im with GMBOUND on this. i want to see screenshots.

also want to be able to control my ipod either via the headunit(dash nav) or via the ipod

type911
11-24-07, 06:32 PM
TRYTHIS (http://imedock.com/)

The Link above goes to The IME website. Supposedly it is pretty awesome.

kona san
11-24-07, 06:55 PM
Got my Ipod connected from a shop in LA. About 270 with sales and tax.
They hooked it up through the XM receiver. They got the ipod connector to come up from the middle console.
I gotta say I love it. It shows the song title and Artist on the XM screen.
Hitting the button that normally switches disks on the CD player changes the song. Also charges the ipod while the car is on.

Wish I could post pics and give the manufacturer but my car was hit and is in a body shop.

nikon
11-24-07, 06:57 PM
http://picasaweb.google.com/jdappraisals/RMIPodKitScreenshots

Theres basically every screen of the Radios & More Kit....the only thing I don't like is that it 'locks' the ipod....but for the most part I have ~30 playlists setup and if thats still not enough I just shuffle the whole ipod and let it play. This is the V2 kit, supposedly the one there currently selling requires you to can the stock XM receiver and get the XM direct kit. Which makes absolutely no sense to me.

http://lh6.google.com/jdappraisals/R0i5hX9YcaI/AAAAAAAABqY/PkbV2kOR6So/100_1190.JPG?imgmax=1024

GMBOUND
11-24-07, 10:51 PM
Thanks

Mystical_Ice
11-25-07, 02:14 AM
i need one that doesn't lock the ipod though :-/

nikon
11-25-07, 12:16 PM
^^ then go for the iconnect.

lunarx
11-25-07, 01:22 PM
^^ then go for the iconnect.
My iconnect used to lock the iPod.
Is the new version of it (that supports iPhone) different?

GMBOUND
11-25-07, 06:27 PM
I'm pushin closer to getting the DNX7100. I want to see if there will be a new model out for 08 though

nikon
11-25-07, 08:08 PM
My iconnect used to lock the iPod.
Is the new version of it (that supports iPhone) different?

I'm unaware of new vs old version, all I know is a member here (csp3000) has the iconnect and it doesn't lock the ipod.....although I don't know if there are different settings or whatnot, just know that his ipod wasn't locked.

Natedog
11-25-07, 11:39 PM
TRYTHIS (http://imedock.com/)

The Link above goes to The IME website. Supposedly it is pretty awesome.
That looks awesome... you could play music videos through the nav screen from your iPod video... hmmmmm... one of u guys won't order it and post a money review:stirpot:

Vee
01-11-08, 11:20 AM
I just installed the Neo Pro Link from MP3yourCar.com. It is an easy install that requires no cutting of any wires. The hardest part is removing the rear deck to access the XM reciever. You set dipswitches to pick from 2 modes: Direct Play (I set to this) which you control your music through the ipod and can use a few buttons from your stereo, such as the "< >" buttons to skip tracks. In Playlist mode you control through the stereo, but your iPod is locked. The cool thing about Playlist mode is that you can see the song/band names on your nav screen. You can also wire a secondary AUX input with the RCA jacks on the unit. I'm still getting familiar with the ipod (just got for x-mas) and there may be other functionality with the kit that I have yet to discover. Hope this helps someone.:blurock:

Natedog
01-11-08, 12:41 PM
very cool.. glad you like it.. any chance you could take some photos of the interface that displays on the Nav? In direct mode, do the steering wheel controls work for skipping tracks, and does the artist/song etc info appear on the screen at all (either in Nav mode or in its native mode (XM2?)) Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Vee
01-11-08, 01:52 PM
very cool.. glad you like it.. any chance you could take some photos of the interface that displays on the Nav? In direct mode, do the steering wheel controls work for skipping tracks, and does the artist/song etc info appear on the screen at all (either in Nav mode or in its native mode (XM2?)) Thanks for any advice you can provide!

In Direct Mode you DO NOT see the song/title. The Playlist mode DOES show song/title and looks just like the pic from the #10 post of this thread, but the ipod is locked out. V's do not have steering wheel contols for the stereo, so I do not know for sure, but the kit states that they WILL work.

Natedog
01-11-08, 02:23 PM
V's do not have steering wheel contols for the stereo.
Really?? My 07 has volume and seek (track or station) on the right hand side of the wheel... figured it was the same on all years... in any case, thanks for the insight!

Vee
01-11-08, 02:59 PM
Really?? My 07 has volume and seek (track or station) on the right hand side of the wheel... figured it was the same on all years... in any case, thanks for the insight!

Really...I'm actually kind of jealous. My 05 has Cruise Control on the right, and TC on/off and Info buttons on the left.

Crawler
01-16-08, 10:06 PM
Really...I'm actually kind of jealous. My 05 has Cruise Control on the right, and TC on/off and Info buttons on the left.

The 07s have the cruise on the left side stalk (same as turnsignal).
Then have the DIC buttons on the left steering wheel spoke and volume UP/DOWN, Seek UP/Down on the right spoke.

Kind of handy that way.

Carnalsupply
01-18-08, 03:38 PM
Can anyone tell me a location, either web or brick & mortar, where I can purchase an iConnect for my 2005 V?
I spoke to the guys at SmartPark and they put me in touch with a GM distributor here in NorCal and he had NO idea of what the part number was for a "V", only the Escalade, so I'd love the part number as well.
Thanks much

Carnalsupply
01-18-08, 03:42 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention: I'm in the SF Bay area if you know of any brick & mortar locations.
Thanks

The Tony Show
01-18-08, 05:41 PM
The Escalade uses the same part, just different DIP switch settings. Check out my thread on the install at this link:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/90147-official-gm-ipod-kit-cts-v-4.html.

The pics don't work anymore, but you get the idea.