: May sell my Cat

caterakid
11-23-07, 06:26 PM
The whole timing belt ting is really scarin me. mine is a 2000 with 60k on it. it sees winters and such. but i just dont know anymore about timing belt. its gonna be really expensive to fix. What does everyone think. i had this car since feb 2nd 2004 . still orig belt on it. It really sucks there is no way to know or signs of the belt going. i love my car but i dont know if i want to put any more money into it. And has anyone done theirs them self. i know the job calls for over 5 hrs labor. so its very involved. and i know u got to buy the belt and a tool kit to set and adjust it. whats everyone think?

10KTGOLD
11-23-07, 06:31 PM
I was thinking the same thing about mine. Waterpump was done under warrenty but I'm at 97k now

caterakid
11-23-07, 06:34 PM
ya . i dunno if i will be doing myself a favor or be mad in the end cause i really dont want to sell it

elvin315
11-24-07, 12:30 PM
Don't sell her Mark. You'll hate yourself later. I could tell you loved that car when we met. You're a Cadillac man.

I bought a cambelt tensioner kit from another owner and am just waiting for it to arrive. When it does I'm having Gaulin's install it since I know it's a job way beyond my skills. Last time I was there another Catera owner drove in and we got talking. He had Gaulin's rebuild his engine once so they must have the locking tool kit to do the job. If not then any shop that services Saturns or Saabs will have it.

If you prefer doing it yourself there is an outfit that rents the locking kit. Logan Diagnostic (http://ledfix.com/timingbelttoolrental.html) sells you the tool kit and when you return it refunds that cost minus their $149 fee plus shipping.

Give me a call and I'll give you a hand. You've put in too much work into your car to give her up. Suspension, intake, exhaust, wheels, and the other details like lights and speakers. Don't give it all away to some Bozo that won't appreciate it.

Elvin

frank moran
11-24-07, 03:09 PM
Elvin, i sent you a PM.