: I did a search, REALLY...where's our Fuel Filter?

Flyboy
11-22-07, 11:03 AM
I've looked in the owners manual, searched the forum and the FAQ's....

We must have one somewhere?????

TXSilverV
11-22-07, 11:38 AM
Under the car on passenger side. it's looks like maybe a 2.5" silver can.

Rich H
11-22-07, 02:50 PM
Located under the right rear passenger door. Good luck finding a replacement. There are few, if any, aftermarket replacements. Only place I could find one was at the dealer. I had to fabricate my own tool for disengaging it from the fuel lines due to the tight clearances.

Flyboy
11-22-07, 02:57 PM
Thanks guys....I may have the dealership change mine next time I'm in.

thefred
11-22-07, 11:03 PM
Shortly after I purchased my 2004 CTS, I had an unfortunate incident with a stray piece of angle iron in the road. It tore out the fuel line and the fuel filter with it. It took a few days to get a new fuel line, but they said there was no where to get the fuel filter or the housing so they patched the old one back together. But, to answer your question, is is under the rear passenger side.

stkshkr
11-23-07, 03:14 AM
I got one at KOI auto parts, try them on the internet

Flyboy
11-23-07, 11:07 AM
I got one at KOI auto parts, try them on the internet

Thanks Gene,

That's why this forum is soooooooooooooo Cool..

Appreciate all the input.

nikon
11-23-07, 03:14 PM
rockauto.com

sells delco and wix...so they are readily available.

50 4Ever
11-23-07, 03:22 PM
Good info to know. At least the fuel filter is not in the tank like it is in the Corvette.

Flyboy
11-23-07, 03:47 PM
Nikon.....

rockauto.com is a GREAT SITE ! ! Very user friendly. Once I got to the CTS-V site, I just clicked around for parts....for fun. Damn....they have everything. Is the wix filter better than the Delco??

Thanks Man....I'm adding that site to my favorites.

nikon
11-23-07, 05:47 PM
^^ dunno if it's any better....I've got one on order though....but ya, they even sell nitrous kits there....and I've never found a better deal on parts, they have sales on things all the time too.

lawfive
11-23-07, 08:00 PM
My fuel filter is in San Francisco.

Rich H
11-24-07, 04:46 PM
Nikon.....

rockauto.com is a GREAT SITE ! ! Very user friendly. Once I got to the CTS-V site, I just clicked around for parts....for fun. Damn....they have everything. Is the wix filter better than the Delco??

Thanks Man....I'm adding that site to my favorites.

Go with the AC Delco. It's the OEM part (GM part #25763176). In fact, it's $10 cheaper than what the dealer wanted. Don't forget you'll need a tool to disengage the fuel line fittings from the filter lines (3 total). I first tried the cheap plastic type and ended up using a modified metal tool that inserted in 2 halves because it was the only tool with long enough reach to work.

Flyboy
11-24-07, 08:09 PM
Last question.....where do I get the tool???? Is it a common item at a parts store? Maybe rockauto will sell it.

Thanks again everyone.

Rich H
11-24-07, 11:05 PM
The tool I got was made by "OEM". But any tool that can be used for 3/8" and 5/16" fittings will work as long as it will insert far enough into the fitting. My tool looks like a pair of scissors hinged in the middle with the 2 halves for the insert joining together on each end. I had to separate the "scissors" at the hinged joint by drilling out the rivet so I could insert each half into the 3/8" fitting separately. For some reason GM didn't provide a long enough pipe stub on their original filter to get a normal plastic tool into the joint. PITA - but it worked.

Good Luck