: Plastic bra or not

pjbizjak
11-22-07, 09:55 AM
I'm thinking of having the clear vinyl protection 'bra' in stalled on my 07 STS, and I would like to get some pros and cons on this. If not the whole front end maybe just the head, parking and fog light lenses.

Caroutisine
11-22-07, 12:14 PM
I don't think they look good on any car.

I would rather take on a few rock chips over the years than look at that on the front of my car from day 1.

loman
11-22-07, 12:39 PM
I like it only when going with the matching panties .

I was looking at lexus prior to purchasing the Caddy and noticed what looked
like someone had taken a sharp edge to the hood of a dark grey one.
It was the edge of the protective film they had applied . It didnt do anything to enhance the look at all. It wasnt as noticeable on the silver one next to it , but it does draw your eye to the edge of it . I d say dont do it .

Boombottz
11-22-07, 08:30 PM
It is costly...up to $700 here in MD, and they won't cover any lights. You can buy film for the lights and apply yourself and if anyone cares film over the lights is illegal in some if not all states.

dhemrick
11-22-07, 09:49 PM
Isn't that kind of like buying furniture and then putting tacky plastic covers over it to "save" it? As nice as a car is, it is not meant to last forever, it is meant to be used.

For much less than $700 bucks, you can always have the car touched up and buffed out later if you get a few chips or pits.

Don't do it. It's just a gimick.

Superjim
11-22-07, 10:12 PM
I have it on my '06 DTS. I think it is great. Been on there about 15,000 miles. -0- rock chips. I didn't think the White Lightning paint could be touched up properly to match when it got chipped so I opted for the film.

I have the 3-M Scotchgard brand stuff.
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Scotchgard-PPF/Home/
It is almost invisable on my car. 2006 White Lightning.

I have it on the front 14 inches of the hood, the entire front bumper, fog lights, cornering lights, outside mirrors, and EXTRA HEAVY film on the headlights. Also had a custom piece made for the top of the rear bumper so it doesn't get scratched putting stuff in and out of the trunk.

Jim from Texas

Cajonkev
11-23-07, 02:01 AM
58k miles with ClearBra and EXTREMELY happy...
Full wrap including front light lenses for all lights as well as door trim, rocker panels, splash, trunk deck etc.
It has more than paid for itself on all three vehicles I have it on and I have never had a single negative comment but many a positive one.