: STS Changes from 05 to 08

Greg00coupe
11-22-07, 09:02 AM
I am a very happy owner of my first Cadillac a 2000 STS I've had for 4 years. But I am thinking of upgrading. I love the new CTS but seek a deal which focuses me on a used STS. My question is has there been any significant improvements between 05 and 07? Is there a compelling reason not to buy an 05 being the intro year?

Also I've drive a 6 cyl and it was OK but have not experience the 8. What's the advice here?

I really do love my current STS, what a sweet ride!!!

Thanks

shudog
11-23-07, 11:59 AM
No real changes from the 2005 intro until some some slight option changes in 2007. 2007 models came with the 6 speed auto trans instead of the 5 speed in 05 & 06, but many of the auto magazine reviews said the 5 speed performed flawlessly. I'm looking at a nice used STS myself and have been reading this forum religiously for about 6 months now and have not found much of anything in the way of 2005 models having problems due to bugs not being worked out. Good luck.

shudog
11-23-07, 12:01 PM
Also, I'd go for the Northstar. Mileage is slightly less and the added power probably isn't something you'll ever need, but I really like the sound & feel of the little V8 over the V6. Personal preference though.

loman
11-23-07, 01:48 PM
I was in the same situation as you , had a 200 STS , and was looking for
a deal , found a 06 with the V6 . It took me a while because i was rejecting
anything with a V6 . After test driving a few with the V6 , i found they were
acceptable . The V6 doesnt sound as good as the northstar , makes a raspy
sound , but the 0 to 60 times are not off by more than a second .
I like the 06 better , as the 2000 had the shakes at 65 mph , and the 06
is a more controlled ride. The tranny is much improved also .
The seats are different ( not as comfy IMO ) , and less space in the footwells . My winter mats dont fit very well. It seems there is less space
in the back seat also , the rear mats dont fit there either. (It snowed
yesterday.) The AWD works real good though, without winter tires .
Stabilitrack works too! The remote start was great , i started the car from
inside the office and went out a few minutes later . Most of the snow was
melting off the windows and the seat heaters were on. Used the steering wheel heater too, for the first time. Almost forgot i had it.

c5 rv
11-23-07, 01:57 PM
There appear to be more reported issues with 05 units, so I would go for an 06 or 07 certified pre-owned.

Curious George
11-23-07, 04:41 PM
One enhancement to the '06 car is remote window close. Press and hold the fob lock button and any open windows close. As far as I know, remote window close STILL DOES NOT incorporate remote sunroof close (boo, hiss).