: Price on New '07 V

vetteb_96
11-21-07, 06:05 PM
Hello guys - trying to become part of the club. I looking at a new thunder gray '07 V, list price is $55,460. I have the dealer down to $48,500 plus 0%. I'm wondering what people think? I feel I should be getting a better deal. I'm I crazy??

Thanks!

-Mitch

CVP33
11-21-07, 06:09 PM
Amazed that you found one.

Cadillac Tony
11-21-07, 06:19 PM
That's a heck of a deal if they honor that price- that's well below Invoice, especially if your Dealer is part of an LMG (which adds about $1,000 to their invoice).

If you can get that price AND the 0%, you need to get down there in a hurry before someone wakes up.

*Edited to add*

If you're looking at the one at Loehmann-Blasius Chevrolet in CT with the FG2s it makes a little more sense- they aren't part of an LMG, so their Invoice is lower than mine. They're giving you all their holdback save $100- that's an extremely fair deal. I recommend buying the car and sending them some business if possible, because they're treating you right.

CVP33
11-21-07, 08:03 PM
GMS on this vehicle with the FG2 suspension is $49,154. $48,500 is an incredible deal.

vetteb_96
11-21-07, 09:04 PM
Yes, it is a good deal. I would feel better if it weren't deamed a year old already since it's the end of the year. I know I can't expect them to give it away but I was hoping for a little more savings over GMS.

I say this because in 'Dec '04 I did the same thing when I bought a '04 Commerative Edition Z06 for $44,500 and 0%, MSRP was $57,xxx. Similar since the new C6's were out and it was late Dec. I felt a little better since I made up for some of the depreciation of being an '04 even though it was "new".

Sometimes the best deals can be had if you are not interested in having the newest model on the block.

Jschmank
11-21-07, 09:51 PM
I'd consider looking for a low mileage used one thats been cared for and get an extended warranty. There are some worth looking at in the classified.

Jpjr
11-22-07, 11:19 AM
This may be a good price compared to invoice, but the car will plummet in value faster than previous years due to its close proximity to the new model.

Remember, invoice is not cost for dealers. You would be amazed what they would be willing to sell an XLR-V right now...

lunarx
11-22-07, 01:50 PM
I'd say, Get It. :bouncy:

I really like the Thunder Gray color.
Ask CTSV Rob, his car looks amazing. :thumbsup:

Also don't stress over the new CTS, unless you are jelous of Lexus drivers.
I rented one recently (while out of town) and was just missing my V the whole time.

The new CTS is nice, in a Lexus way, but dosen't feel like a sports sedan to me.
If I wanted that kind of car, I would probably just get a Saab (with 6MT), because I won't be caught dead in a Lexus.

In other words, the current V has nothing to worry about.
A Thunder Gray 07 will always turn heads.

Jpjr
11-22-07, 06:00 PM
I'd say, Get It. :bouncy:

I really like the Thunder Gray color.
Ask CTSV Rob, his car looks amazing. :thumbsup:

Also don't stress over the new CTS, unless you are jelous of Lexus drivers.
I rented one recently (while out of town) and was just missing my V the whole time.

The new CTS is nice, in a Lexus way, but dosen't feel like a sports sedan to me.
If I wanted that kind of car, I would probably just get a Saab (with 6MT), because I won't be caught dead in a Lexus.

In other words, the current V has nothing to worry about.
A Thunder Gray 07 will always turn heads.

I felt the same way. But not (like some) because I drive a $50k car and don't want to admit that other drivers now have a vastly superior product. They do, there is no comparison. But I did drive the '08 and could not justify the sacrifice in performance for the overall enhanced driving experience. As great as the new car is, the V's are quite comfortable too.

I also own a Cobra, and can say that I hate retro and would still buy and mod my '03 over an '07 GT 500. But the new V will blow our cars out of the water. It looks the same, but everything will be completely refined. The only reason I would not get one is if I could not afford it or could not get a deal at MSRP in late 2008.

lunarx
11-22-07, 06:59 PM
I felt the same way. But not (like some) because I drive a $50k car and don't want to admit that other drivers now have a vastly superior product. They do, there is no comparison. But I did drive the '08 and could not justify the sacrifice in performance for the overall enhanced driving experience. As great as the new car is, the V's are quite comfortable too.

I also own a Cobra, and can say that I hate retro and would still buy and mod my '03 over an '07 GT 500. But the new V will blow our cars out of the water. It looks the same, but everything will be completely refined. The only reason I would not get one is if I could not afford it or could not get a deal at MSRP in late 2008.

How is the 08 more refined?

It has the same suspension.

I guess if you need an auto, then it's more refined.

I did not feel it was really any quieter than a V (of course engine was).
Wind & tire noise seemed the same to me.

Also, the suspension seemed about the same comfort as a V but did not handle nearly as well as a V.

It's also heavier, as always happens to later generations of cars.

I especially hate the illuminated stripe across the middle of the dashboard.
It reminds me of chesy neon from Fast & Furious.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the new CTS, but it's just not what I want in a car.
It's a lot of silly frills with no extra substance.
The 09V will have a supercharger (maybe) and a fancy radio, that's not exactly a huge upgrade.

When I feel it's time to give up on my 05 V, I'll be looking to an M5, Skyline or RS6.
Cadillac is going back to what works for them (frills) they are no longer placing performance as a 1st priority.
Long live the original V :worship:

Jon
11-22-07, 07:07 PM
Cadillac is going back to what works for them (frills) they are no longer placing performance as a 1st priority.
Long live the original V :worship:

I wouldn't say that without seeing the actual '09 V and knowing the details.

I have no doubt that it will be a beast.

And you're kidding about the Skyline, right???? Right?? How cold anyone who owns a V actually like that monstrosity? For $70k I'll take a Z06. Nissan claimed it beat the Z06 around the Nurburgring, they just failed to mention it wasn't on factory tires.

lunarx
11-22-07, 07:30 PM
I wouldn't say that without seeing the actual '09 V and knowing the details.

I have no doubt that it will be a beast.

And you're kidding about the Skyline, right???? Right?? How cold anyone who owns a V actually like that monstrosity? For $70k I'll take a Z06. Nissan claimed it beat the Z06 around the Nurburgring, they just failed to mention it wasn't on factory tires.

I agree that the Skyline looks wacky in silver (per most pics) but I think it would look sick in black.
I bet it even has similar rear seat room to the new M3.

The track performance will be insane, as AWD is a huge advantage when pushing 500WHP (as modded Z06 and Skyline will).
Z06 is lighter, so it will be a good contest.

So what tires was the Skyline on when it ran the ring?

Anyways, I have my eye on it, but my 05 V is not going anywhere for awhile.
If you guys don't love your V's you just need some more mods. :D

Jon
11-22-07, 07:32 PM
I agree that the Skyline looks wacky in silver (per most pics) but I think it would look sick in black.

The track performance will be insane, as AWD is a huge advantage when pushing 500WHP (as modded Z06 and Skyline will).
Z06 is lighter, so it will be a good contest.

So what tires was the Skyline on when it ran the ring?

Anyways, I have my eye on it, but my 05 V is not going anywhere for awhile.
If you guys don't love your V's you just need some more mods. :D
AWD is cool yeah. It's fun watching STi's launch at redline when I autocross. To me the Z06 just screams power though. And nothing liek sliding the ass end out, it's so much fun! lol.

I heard the Skyline ran it on slicks. I will try to confirm.

My V is relatively stock, but there's no way I could see myself trading it for anything!

lunarx
11-22-07, 08:06 PM
:cookoo: I lost my mind for a bit there.
The new Skyline is going to be SMG so I won't be wanting one after all. :tisk:

I do love the Z06, but a modded V brings me more satisfaction (despite the lower performance level).
Maybe I will be a Vette owner when the C7 comes out.

Glad to hear you are not abandoning the current V. :cool2:
I say leave the 09V's for the guys who don't already have a V.
The rest of us should not be so anxious to jump ship.

The best way to help GM sell the most 09V's is by keeping all the 1st Gen V's out of the used car market and in our garages. :halo:

caddyv8v
11-22-07, 09:18 PM
sounds like a very good deal IF that is the car you want...it was for me with no regrets. yes the 09 will be an upgrade in terms of the extras/fit finish/high tech this and that, just as my last car, an 06 sts-v. for me, less is more, just mho. good luck.