: Nitrous Pics you requested

VCAT
11-21-07, 07:01 PM
I mounted the nozle at the end of the air filter and the switches under the steering wheel, i know my brake pedal looks like $hit so no need to bust my balz on that but everything else is up for grabs. enjoy!

ZEUSROTTY
11-21-07, 08:07 PM
Thats a sweet setup man... Which kit is that? You selling it?

VCAT
11-21-07, 08:12 PM
Thanks, no not selling, I just installed it. I got it from Harris Speed Works. Dry kit, 4 pills 50,75,100,125 and purge kit.

nikon
11-21-07, 09:20 PM
how much? and was it a PITA to install???

VCAT
11-21-07, 09:30 PM
$370 shipped. if you have ever installed a stereo you should have no probs running the lines and wires. The PITA is mounting the switch, we have no throttle cable so it has to be mounted under the gas pedal. look carefully at the pic of the arming and purge switch and you will see it back there. other than that it just depends on how nice you want it to look.

nikon
11-21-07, 09:40 PM
Didn't know you could do it that way....always thought you needed a window switch for fly by wire TB.

VCAT
11-21-07, 09:46 PM
its optional according to the manual and it worked out fine, i would think it would be wise to have a window switch if you remove your rev limiter tho.

JonCR96Z
11-22-07, 12:26 AM
Every manual car should have a window switch. Especially if the rev limiter cuts the fuel out like ours does. For that time when you miss a shift, with the pedal to the floor.

nikon
11-22-07, 01:25 AM
^^ I was just going to ask what happens if you miss a shift.....that answered it for me....boom I suppose.

Mystical_Ice
11-22-07, 02:34 AM
well is there any way around that? i'd seriously consider it, but i miss shifts from time to time, and i don't want to risk my engine :-/

Twitch
11-22-07, 02:47 AM
This is something on the back of my mind. But I really need to do a lot more reasearch.
Dont know anything about it, but you cant ignore the power gains from so little effort and $$$.

stkshkr
11-22-07, 03:32 AM
We have two rev limiters on our cars, the 1st is the ETC which reduces the throttle, the next one is the fuel cutoff. The idea is fuel is only removed in a last ditch effort to save the engine.

caddyv8v
11-22-07, 08:33 AM
pretty slick. i have a nos kit in the garage, but have held off with the install. i'm still getting use to the power stock before i step up to nitrous. btw, did you keep the stock plugs, or move to something different.

VCAT
11-22-07, 06:22 PM
pretty slick. i have a nos kit in the garage, but have held off with the install. i'm still getting use to the power stock before i step up to nitrous. btw, did you keep the stock plugs, or move to something different.

good idea, i left the stock plugs in but will def change them if i go to the 100 or more shot.

JonCR96Z
11-22-07, 06:53 PM
well is there any way around that? i'd seriously consider it, but i miss shifts from time to time, and i don't want to risk my engine :-/

Use a window switch. I you don't know what that it. Its an RPM activated switch that activates at a selected rpm and deactivated at another set rpm. For instance once the engine reaches 3000 rpm it comes on and when it hits 6000 it goes off, or whatever rpms that you set it up for. Use this in conjunction with a WOT or momentary switch and a main activation switch.

Also you need to change the plugs to ones with a lower heat rating. A common plug used for nitrous applications is the NGK TR6. Which are available at most auto parts stores.

Jon

JonCR96Z
11-22-07, 06:58 PM
We have two rev limiters on our cars, the 1st is the ETC which reduces the throttle, the next one is the fuel cutoff. The idea is fuel is only removed in a last ditch effort to save the engine.

I wasn't aware of the ETC rev limiter. Too used to my beloved f-bodys. Either way it's still not a good idea to spray into the limiter. I'm sure if you're on the juice the rpms could still climb even with the throttle closed.

stkshkr
11-23-07, 03:15 AM
I agree

LUVMY04V
11-24-07, 05:09 PM
Yeah i dont have a v but i do reccomend a window switch with manuals!!!

msd has a digital one you can set for like 100 bucks....just google "digital window and msd" or just go to jegs online

Hey jimmy can you make ma a nitrous + cts sig gif????? is it jimmy that makes them

BY the way here is my setup

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f321/brentman2006/nitrous%20kit%20cts/

LUVMY04V
11-24-07, 05:14 PM
Actually I would like to race a stock V-series if any one is in my area

I test drove a v and i know from 40-80 mph you will destroy me but 0-60 it would take some fine shifting to beat me I think :suspense: