: I am going to box it out with GM

ZEUSROTTY
11-21-07, 05:54 PM
My car was denied for a warrantee claim by my dealership here in Naperville... I am getting a grinding noise on turns, and they said it was the diff... That was replaced after they sent me out of there waiting for parts and it blew 100 miles from my house... It still grinds. Then they replace the drive shaft. It still Grinds. Now they are saying because of the pinion support and the Ground control lowering kit, I have changed the pinion angle, and they wouldnt look at the car anymore... I kept telling them that if the trans is in a fixed position, and the mid shaft mount is in a fixed position, and the diff is in a fixed position, that there is no angle change... They basically told me to get it all off and they would work with me, but i had no gaurantee... Lets be real... after 2 diffs a drive shaft, 3 radiators, 4 sail panels 2 nav systems, and whatever this grinding noise is now they are denying a claim? The car hasnt been beat on... Never been to the road race track... Its extremely clean... And now all of the sudden there is a problem.

So after a couple of rounds with the service manager saying that There rep from gm was saying they would block all driveline issues on the car from service if i left that bmr pinion support on there and the suspension, I have decided to call them out on it. I am currently asking for them to put it in writing... Yes thats right folks... Writing... My next step will be to contact SEMA, The FTC and The BBB ... I am going to go as far as I can by myself and then lawyer up if need be, but I dont plan on letting them just get away with it. GM is a big fish to fry, but I do have the expendable dollars to get it done if need be. At this point its about principal, and GM seems to lack it by definition. I dont care if I have to pay 50k to get them to fess up. I am doning ****ing around with these guys.

nikon
11-21-07, 06:16 PM
Good luck........personally I'd throw the magnuson-moss act in there face......and make em prove it....seeing as though by the way you make it sound they still don't know what is causing the problem.

ZEUSROTTY
11-21-07, 06:20 PM
Good luck........personally I'd throw the magnuson-moss act in there face......and make em prove it....seeing as though by the way you make it sound they still don't know what is causing the problem.

Thats exactly my plan... There is no way in hell they can prove that those vry minor mods have effected anything at all.

Jon
11-21-07, 08:30 PM
Good luck man. I'd love to see how this plays out!

CVP33
11-21-07, 09:05 PM
Sorry but I can't discuss this rationally. This brings back WAY too many bad memories.

VCAT
11-21-07, 10:03 PM
best of luck to you! hope you get all that $hit straighten out!