: Cigarette Lighter...?

yellowxhoodie
11-21-07, 12:27 PM
So the cigarette lighter by my e-brake works but the one thats built into the pop out ashtray hasnt worked since i got the car. any ideas why?

Cadi Cat
11-21-07, 01:10 PM
So the cigarette lighter by my e-brake works but the one thats built into the pop out ashtray hasnt worked since i got the car. any ideas why?

It may have come disconnected. There is an electrical contact that the tray plugs into, there are no wires attached. Try removing the tray and inspecting the connections on there. But check the fuse first;)

yellowxhoodie
11-21-07, 01:32 PM
i dont think it came disconnected. The little light still works that in the middle of the ashtray door, and would one fuse control just that one cigarette lighter?

Cadi Cat
11-21-07, 03:05 PM
i dont think it came disconnected. The little light still works that in the middle of the ashtray door, and would one fuse control just that one cigarette lighter?

Oh ok, if the light works then its definatly not the fuse. But I would still remove it and take a look at the connections, it only takes a second. Is it the lighter that's not working or are you not getting any power at all when you plug something in?

yellowxhoodie
11-21-07, 03:59 PM
nothing works when i plug it in there. ive tried my radar and my monster cable for my ipod, id like to have them both plugged in at once. but i only have the cigarette lighter that works by my e-brake.

Cadi Cat
11-21-07, 04:02 PM
nothing works when i plug it in there. ive tried my radar and my monster cable for my ipod, id like to have them both plugged in at once. but i only have the cigarette lighter that works by my e-brake.

You don't have one on the backside of the armrest below the heat vents for the rear passengers?

Cadi Cat
11-21-07, 04:12 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l59/mcclewj/112107_16051.jpg

yellowxhoodie
11-21-07, 05:52 PM
no its there, but i dont want to stretch a cable that far, and im not sure if that one works either.

Aleksus
11-22-07, 12:14 AM
I never tried to tern on the cigarette lighter cuz i never used it...:)

10KTGOLD
11-22-07, 07:19 AM
I never tried to tern on the cigarette lighter cuz i never used it...:)

Same here "STAND"

yellowxhoodie
11-27-07, 05:47 PM
well i found out that the back one doesnt work either...
ideas?