: Update on my General Motors troubles with my CTS V..good news

CopperHead
11-21-07, 12:10 PM
The District Manager called and said they wanted to trade me out of my car. They want me to stay in a Cadillac, and they would make me a great deal, all I have to do is pick the car (they need a VIN). He submits paperwork...and it takes a little time to see what General Motors can do. He said they take into consideration some use of my current vehicle, but the deal must go thru General Motors, so I am guessing it is a far better deal than the dealer or even the District Manager can make. What sucks is that I just don't know what to pick.

The dealer let me take the SRX AWD V8 home last night so I can see if I like it, and it just so happens that we got a snow storm so I can really see what it will do. Did fine...I just don't really want that Soccer Mom image, although I love the look of the sport package (reminds me a a big CTS V).

I am going in on Friday to drive the STS V with my wife, I just hope they can make me an astounding deal since they don't sell that well. Just not sure how much they will want me to pay, and it takes a week or so to find out. If I don't like the offer, it is back to square one...pick another car (submit paperwork with VIN).

Other options are the Escalade EXT, newly redesigned CTS, or a 2007 CTS V like mine.

Kind of sucks cuz I want a Jeep SRT8, but I will lose big money on my current CTS V if I go it alone.

trukk
11-21-07, 01:21 PM
Hope it all works out for you.

We are all amazingly biased here, so I'm sure you'll get a lot of 'get another V' posts. If you do, get one without a moonroof. I'm glad I did, no leaking/wind issues, less weight up top, stiffer chasis & way more head room.

Good luck.

-Chris

ZEUSROTTY
11-21-07, 01:48 PM
I am actually about to fight the fight with GM also.

GMBOUND
11-21-07, 01:52 PM
Glad you're getting taken care of

Jon
11-21-07, 02:06 PM
My choices would be:

1. '07 CTS-V
2. '08 CTS (LOADED)
3. STS-V

keeksv
11-21-07, 02:22 PM
I would probably go with the '08CTS if I were you. You're the one with all the other fast toys, right? You can always move up if the '09V is what it is supposed to be. I'm glad GM is stepping up for you; that's nice to hear.

Good luck.

CopperHead
11-21-07, 02:42 PM
I would probably go with the '08CTS if I were you. You're the one with all the other fast toys, right? You can always move up if the '09V is what it is supposed to be. I'm glad GM is stepping up for you; that's nice to hear.

Good luck.

I do have other fun toys, but right now I have them all covered for winter...they throw gravel and magnesium chloride on the road and it is usually out until late March. So I loved that I could still toss around the V all year. They said they thought the FE1 shocks and the roads around here are a contributing factor to why my sunroof is the way it is. I am a little worried that the deal on a STS V would be too much money. I have been liening towards a CTS, but there isn't a great selection at the dealer yet.

RobWilson
11-21-07, 02:44 PM
I would probably go with an '07 CTS-V or an '08 STS-V.

keeksv
11-21-07, 02:48 PM
With AWD, and a little less HP, I think the CTS would be pretty fun all year round. Not the animal that the V can be, but a great DD. I think it would be a good bridge into '09 or '10.

Jon
11-21-07, 03:00 PM
I do have other fun toys, but right now I have them all covered for winter...they throw gravel and magnesium chloride on the road and it is usually out until late March. So I loved that I could still toss around the V all year. They said they thought the FE1 shocks and the roads around here are a contributing factor to why my sunroof is the way it is. I am a little worried that the deal on a STS V would be too much money. I have been liening towards a CTS, but there isn't a great selection at the dealer yet.
The V has FE4 shocks though...

CopperHead
11-21-07, 04:28 PM
The V has FE4 shocks though...

I may have my numbers mixed up, I know the dealer installed the upgraded shocks.

Jon
11-21-07, 04:38 PM
I may have my numbers mixed up, I know the dealer installed the upgraded shocks.
Ahh, FG2s :)

CIWS
11-21-07, 05:15 PM
Just depends upon your budget I guess. Another CTSV, 08 CTS loaded (D.I. Eng. ), or possibly an STSV. I'm not much on SUVs so an SRX or Escalade wouldn't be on the list.