: Repairing the suede seats

k1ko
11-20-07, 02:54 PM
I found a small burn mark on the passenger seat today most likely the result of a dumbass friend. The burn is on the seat itself on the suede. It isnt very deep but you can still see the black circle. Anyone have any ideas on how I can repair this?

pietroraimondi
11-20-07, 03:28 PM
Actually, the seat insert fabric on the CTSV vehicles is not a genuine suede leather although it feels like it.

It is actually a brushed microfiber fabric and sold to OEM's under such brand names as Alcantara and Ultra-Suede.

If in fact it is a topical surface burn on the microfiber fabric you have three alternatives.

1. Go to an auto supply store and look for a color matching spray dye in an aerosol can that is designed for fabric and vinyl.

2. Some auto part stores sell fabric color matching kits with 5 base colors that you can mix for color matching and hand brushing.

3. Take it to a professional that can accurately color match the dye and they will spray it with a air brush and make it virtually undetectable. Some local franchises like "Dent Doctors" and "Colors on Parade" offer this service. You might ask your dealer who they use for minor touch ups for interiors and bumpers etc.

I think choice number 3 will be your best bet and look to spend about $80 bucks for the pro service.

k1ko
11-20-07, 03:46 PM
ty so much pietroraimondi

nikon
11-20-07, 03:59 PM
And if your OCD and little things like that would bother you, you could always call luke @ lindsay and get a new bottom cover...If I recall they weren't that expensive.

k1ko
11-20-07, 04:02 PM
i dont think it will bother me if its touched up but I am OCD enough to where a small black circle in the middle of the seat would drive me nuts hehe. I'll look into the bottom seat cover, thanks.

rand49er
11-20-07, 04:46 PM
Next time, remove all seeds from your "friend's" stash. :D

pietroraimondi
11-27-07, 08:10 PM
And if your OCD and little things like that would bother you, you could always call luke @ lindsay and get a new bottom cover...If I recall they weren't that expensive.

Would you not agree that probably 75% of all serious car enthusiasts where it comes to paint and sealant protection, changing fluids, etc etc all suffer from some form of OCD?

I know that I do and I'm damn proud of it!

Twitch
11-27-07, 09:11 PM
Would you not agree that probably 75% of all serious car enthusiasts where it comes to paint and sealant protection, changing fluids, etc etc all suffer from some form of OCD?

I know that I do and I'm damn proud of it!

HELL YEAH!!! I hand wash me car at least once a week. Even in the winter. Had my SLS about a year and a half. Probly took it to the car wash less than 10 times.
I use full synthetic oil on the V, and I still dont plan on letting it get to 3K miles.
Me? OCD? :yup:

SkullV
11-27-07, 11:11 PM
Next time, remove all seeds from your "friend's" stash. :D

I hope if u are driving this car u have no seeds in your stash.....i mean i "know a friend" who doesn't.......

SLPR 6.0L
11-27-07, 11:42 PM
Your friend may be a dumbass but his chances of developing gluacoma are greatly decreased!
Heres one to occular health!

SuperV_Rob
11-30-07, 12:22 AM
Your friend may be a dumbass but his chances of developing gluacoma are greatly decreased!
Heres one to occular health!

That is what I call looking at the bright side... LoL :D