: Hey everyone... I am now part of the crew

Night Wolf
05-17-03, 11:17 AM
Hey, well, some of you may remember that I decided to sell my Grand Am(s) and looking for a Caddy, well, I did :D

check this out:

http://gaownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=79583#post79583

Mad'lac
05-17-03, 12:55 PM
Post the pics here!!!!

elwesso
05-17-03, 02:50 PM
Yes, post in photo section, we cant view the pictures!

BeelzeBob
05-17-03, 03:32 PM
Yeah, we have to sign up to see the pics.. Post 'em up in the image section. And congratulations! We're anxious to see the DeVille!

Night Wolf
05-17-03, 09:12 PM
hmmm, sorry guys, I didn't know you had to sign up to see the pics....

That's ok, I figured out how to et them going here, so here they are:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=428&cat=500&thumb=1

only thing is, I couldn't seem to find a link to get back to the fours once I was in the pictures area.... maybe add one?

Let me know what you guys think about my Caddy :D

bs4sho
05-17-03, 10:10 PM
thats pretty nice but im not to much into the devilles i love the seville better and lookin in to get one but cant find anyone willin to sell one in my options

elwesso
05-17-03, 10:11 PM
VERY VERY NICE. It still seems weird to picture a 16 year old in that car. But none the less, very nice. Get you a new hood ornament and maybe a shine and youll be golden.

BeelzeBob
05-17-03, 10:26 PM
The car looks awesome! In nice shape. I'm going to take a closer look in a minute.. The link to get back to the forums from the image section is the "home" button on the top right hand side...

Katshot
05-17-03, 10:39 PM
Great Car!! My favorite Caddy engine too ;) Good luck with it.

Night Wolf
05-18-03, 01:31 AM
Hey everyone, thanks for the comments. The guy said he will buy the new hood orniment, trunk lock wreath and crest and the 4.9 V8 one of the back, he said he was getting them right from Caddy for me.

There were some slight change in plans, we were talking about it, and I may infact keep my Grand Am, we'll proablly fix it up, but very cheap aand not go out of our way, just get it ready for the road. Becuase this will be my first car, and not being experienced, I would really, really hate to damage the Caddy in something stupid, so we figured, we would fix the GA, then I will use that for a month or so while I get used to driving (alone) and then I'll use the Caddy. But, since the Caddy is a Florida car, and although it is 10 years old, the car, besides the miles could be brand new, and it never seen winter, I would really hate to run the car in the snow/ice etc.... with all the salt they dump on the roads (even getting it rustproofed dosn't solve the problem) so I figured, I would use the GA as a winter beater... from Dec 1st to April 1st or so, that way I will not do any harm to the Caddy by running it in the winter, and I'll have the GA.

So, I go to my fathers tomorrow, he wanted me to help him bottom seal the boat or something like that, and I'll mention that to him..... he should agree, becuase today when I told him about it, after we were talking, he said, well it is a really nice car, but are you sure you want to use such a nice and expensive car as your first car? he said why don't we just get your Grand Am fixed up and you can use that to start off with.... so I'll mention that to him, but perhaps the thing I really like is the fact that I wouldn't be driving the Caddy in the winter, I was thinking about that last night, and how bad that would be, plus I already have the car (GA) so I won't be putting too much in it (take bumbers from parts car, paint them black, get car strightened and fix exhaust system, and that's all, it would be ready to drive)

bs4sho..... I agree with you to a point, IMO, I love the style of my '93, and better yet, it is a coupe..... '94 they were too bubble shapped, and looked just like a Caprice except for the back (which I didn't car for either) it wasn't until '98 or so that I started lking the DeVilles again, and the new ones are not too bad. also IMO the early 90's SeVilles I didn't care for (styling) I didn't really like the tail lights/back, even with the new style in '93(?) and it wasn't until '01 or '02 when the SeVille changed the style, and tail lights that I like them more. So it depends on the year... early 90's (like mine) I would go with the DeVille, mid 90's and I dunoo..... probally the SeVille, and late 90's/00's I would go with the SeVille.....

Kat... the 4.9 is your favorite Caddy engine? even though you have the LT1?

Sorry for the long post guys.... can you tell I am excited?

Katshot
05-18-03, 07:18 AM
I said "CADDY ENGINE". The LT1 is a Chevy engine ;)
The 4.9 is hands down the best all around engine Cadillac has made in years. I doubt you'll get any arguement here from anyone on that point. Especially from people who've owned them.

kcnewell
05-18-03, 10:35 AM
Nor will you get any argument from those of who still do....

Astronomer
05-18-03, 10:51 AM
I guess I'm a sucker for argumentation. I've voted with my feet and love the North* as a companion to the rest of the drive train in the STS. I'll leave a statistical evaluation to the mathemeticians.

Night Wolf
05-18-03, 11:47 AM
Sorry Kevin, had a brain fart there :)

yes, that is the one of the major things about this car, the reliablility of the 4.9..... before I decided on a '91-'93 DeVille, I was going to get a '88-'89 Brougham (my mother and her boyfriend have one) and the Olds 307 is very, very reliable (although wayyyy tooo underpowerd) so I started reading about the 4.9, and how much of a good engine it is, and has nice power, that and I like this gen DeVille better (now) then the Brougham, made me decide on one.

Katshot
05-19-03, 11:34 AM
I agree, that was my favorite gen for the Deville too. The car just had nice lines, classic proportions. It's just ashame it was FWD ;)

jerseyMan
05-19-03, 02:10 PM
Nice...welcome & good luck with the Deville.

Night Wolf
05-19-03, 06:48 PM
front drive and uni-body are the only 2 things I don't like about it.... although it's nice to see again that there is still part of the car after the rear wheels

So I printed out a picture of the side view (over the weekend) and showed a buch of friends and kids at school, pretty much everyone said it's a old mans car (don't bother me though, I'll show them :D) but alot of people commented on how nice it is.

3 more weeks, just 3 more :D

elwesso
05-19-03, 09:56 PM
IMO, the exterior styling is timeless, classic cadillac design. The interiors are nice, but could be nicer.

I get a lot of crap about driving an old mans car (Q45), but ill just take them on, one on one, and then we'll see :D

daddyscaddy
10-28-03, 08:22 AM
nightwolf, welcome, your friends r right it is a MANS car, not a punk teenager's.from what i read you seem more mature.Dont listen to them.TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR RIDE. im putting my 90 up for winter too. grandma gave me a 91 sunbird for the snow. free advice, your just getting you license? only drive the cad close to home, and dont try to impress your friends with speed, youll only break something and they wont help you! CADDY parts are expensive! beat the @#$% out of your GA!