Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Just A Thought On Navigation DVD

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  jcamaro 
#1 ·
Is is for all the hackers out there. I would like to know how does the Nav know the difference between a CD and a DVD that is playing? They go in the same slot both play threw the nav unit but when you put it in drive the picture stops but not the sound like the CD. Maybe we could trick the unit into not knowing there is a picture. Has anyone tried a Video CD and see what happens will the picture stop on that also? Just a thought.

#2 ·
if this question is reagrding the ability to play movies, and use nav features, etc whiledriving......then you should just look for the code on how to disable the lock out feature.
instead of another solution that puts too much thought into it.
what car do you have and what nav system?

#6 ·
well there you go...........i guess the deville 02-05 code does not work on the 05+ sevilles.
did i read correctly in your other thread that youy already tried the secret button?
If not try it?
I wouldnt know what else to try though.
if that code or solution for watching dvds or using nav features while driving isnt on this forum.........then it might not even exist.
good luck

#8 ·
>hit "route" hard key
>the menu that asks you how wanna set a destination should pop up (address, freeway,etc...) they shoudl be unable to choose while your in motion
> at the bottom right corner is a secret button that you cannot see. press it for about 5 secs.
> the secret menu should pop up. it will display touch buttons that read "run", "mem", etc....
> what you wanna do is press the "run" button. it should stay lit.
> then, under the clock button should be the "return" touch button. by saying UNDER i mean overlapped by the clock. like a sofware glitch.
> press it ( i use a pen tip or something because you can barely touch it with a finger.
> once its done and your back to the destination menu, you should see all buttons available for choosing even while in motion

-when you restart the car you have to redo the process.

do not mess with any other secret options besides "run". because you risk messing with your hard drive. especially "mem", it dumps all your memmory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.