: Thinking of getting a new 2007- Questions!

Me Wanna A V
11-20-07, 01:38 PM
Hey guys:

The current cash back incentive is $4000 or 0% financing.

0 down with 0% financing is a great deal, however, what would you do?

Should I pay cash and try to get a deal? Where should I start with a cash offer? I'm thinking with the $4000 off I should offer $46,000.

It appears that financing would be the better deal.

Any thoughts?

WHYTRY
11-20-07, 02:43 PM
If you were to buy it for 50 out the door 6.99@60= 9,389.20 in interest BUT that's if you were to keep it for 5 years. Most of the interest would be paid in the first few years so 0% sounds better IF you plan on keeping the car more than two years. Also with 0% you shouldn't put any more money down than you have to to get the payment where you want it. 0% is free money why not? Just my .02

mike041357
11-20-07, 02:46 PM
Tell the dealer you wa:Dnt both.

Kadonny
11-20-07, 03:02 PM
Run the numbers and figure which is better. Always cut your deal BEFORE you tell them how you are going to finance if possible.

Me Wanna A V
11-20-07, 05:08 PM
It's either $4000 cash back OR 0% financing for 60 months.

Can't combine them both!:banghead:

rand49er
11-20-07, 05:41 PM
Run the numbers and figure which is better. Always cut your deal BEFORE you tell them how you are going to finance if possible.If you get the $4k back, what rate are looking at and how much downstroke? Figure how much total cost you'd have going both ways (i.e. that way vs 0% way), ignore the time-value of money for a moment (since inflation is low and rates are reasonable), and compare the two senarios. Voila! There's your answer.

WHYTRY
11-20-07, 05:56 PM
downstoke? You have been in the car business or something? I have not heard that term since I left the car business years ago. Agree with rand49er Total cost of ownership after financing vs how long you plan to keep the car

Cadillac Tony
11-20-07, 06:31 PM
If you have a high dollar trade to pay for a large chunk of the car then take the rebate. If you're financing a large percentage of the car and plan on not paying it off quickly OR have an investment that you can put the money in that will yield a decent return, take the financing.

If you're anywhere near Florida, let me know what color car you want and I'll make you a great deal on one. :thumbsup:

mike041357
11-20-07, 06:50 PM
See if this helps...

http://www.autotropolis.com/calc/calculators-auto-rebate-vs-low-interest.aspx

Me Wanna A V
11-20-07, 08:00 PM
If you're anywhere near Florida, let me know what color car you want and I'll make you a great deal on one. :thumbsup:

Tony, I'm actually 3 hours south of you in Palm Beach County.
What's your email address, as I can't PM you yet.

heavymetals
11-20-07, 09:33 PM
0% IMHO.

Take the money you would have given them and buy a CD at 4.5%

Just make sure the monthly is affordable.

RightTurn
11-20-07, 09:39 PM

MeWannaV--go to http://cadillactony.com/. That's Tony's website; he'll treat you fairly. Good luck!

Cadillac Tony
11-20-07, 10:59 PM

tony AT cadillactony DOT com

Type it the normal way, of course- I spell it like that so spam bots trolling the Internet don't pick it up. :)

There's not a lot of new CTS-Vs left in the Southeast- I just got the last Black one in 800 miles for a lady last month (had to go all the way to SC!). Let me know what you're looking for and I'll cook you up a good deal.

Me Wanna A V
11-20-07, 11:45 PM
Tony: Email Sent

TXSilverV
11-21-07, 10:39 AM
If you wait until Dec 1st I can send you a supplier discount. You still get those specials and a little extra. PM me if you want one.

Me Wanna A V
11-21-07, 11:34 AM
If you wait until Dec 1st I can send you a supplier discount. You still get those specials and a little extra. PM me if you want one.

I can't PM yet - 10 more posts to go and I'll be good!

Is it a code or a coupon of some sort?

I could wait until Dec 1. if it's worth something.

I've heard mixed reviews about these "supplier" discounts, where people actually get better deals without them.