: Need advice

blown03
11-20-07, 11:20 AM
Well guys as most of you know i just bought my cts-v it is silver with 46000 miles has bumper to bumper warranty till 2012 or 85000 miles.

I just recently found the house i want and the gf said the car needs to go if i want it :-( so i was wondering do you think asking 30,000 for the car is outta the question or no?

WHYTRY
11-20-07, 12:14 PM
Keep the car get a new girl...JK I have been asking 29 for mine with 37k on it with no hits. Sorry to say just keep the car. It's a great car that you have had for 2 weeks? Why get rid of it?

blown03
11-20-07, 01:01 PM
lol well its not like i wanna get rid of it but 500 a month for a car and 990 for a house not including all the untilities and stuff. I just didnt wanna put myself into a bind i guess with the car payment. well i owe about 24 on the car so i guess worst comes to worse i give someone a heck of a deal

Kadonny
11-20-07, 02:04 PM
I hope you have another car or you'll be a walkin ;)

blown03
11-20-07, 02:26 PM
yeah i have a newer truck and a 1990 notch thats pretty much my saturday night special :)

WHYTRY
11-20-07, 02:34 PM
Love the notch's have a 87

heavymetals
11-20-07, 02:50 PM
Buying a house?

Good plan, but don't expect to leverage the appreciation to buy anything like a V anytime soon.

blown03
11-20-07, 04:15 PM
well like i said i dont care if i lose some on the car.. and for the deal i am getting on the house i can afford to wait out the next few yrs till the market comes around.. I figured it would be better to put my money into something that appreciates and doesnt depreciate..

cts-v ls6
11-20-07, 08:02 PM
So what year is your V? Any mods? I lost mine last week in an accident and am looking for the right silver V. PM me or if you don't have enough posts, email me at hegger3atjtectn.com.

Jack

heavymetals
11-20-07, 08:25 PM
well like i said i dont care if i lose some on the car.. and for the deal i am getting on the house i can afford to wait out the next few yrs till the market comes around.. I figured it would be better to put my money into something that appreciates and doesnt depreciate..

Buy a gas station.

rekctsv
11-20-07, 10:39 PM
Well guys as most of you know i just bought my cts-v it is silver with 46000 miles has bumper to bumper warranty till 2012 or 85000 miles.

I just recently found the house i want and the gf said the car needs to go if i want it :-( so i was wondering do you think asking 30,000 for the car is outta the question or no?
That is going to be her response to everything. If you said I need a new pair shoes but it'll have to wait, she'll say you shouldn't have bought that car!:D

If this is truly you talking, saying you will put yourself in a bind, then put the house first. But if the GF has convinced you there's no other way, then maybe she wasn't to happy about you getting the V in the first place. $1500 is about a mortgage payment for most people I know.

Can you sell her car? Maybe she can get a second job? I'm just saying, there are options! Okay, i'm only joking. But I know that if I left it up to my wife, I would drive a Kia Sephia.

randycsvt
11-20-07, 11:03 PM
If a $900 house payment and $500 car payment is enough to put you in a financial bind, you have probably bought too expensive of a car. Your girlfriend may be right. I would sell the V and buy a similar cheaper car, or just drive what you have. You could also sell the truck or mustang and use the money to buy down the principal on your cts-v car loan. Buying down the principal can reduce your monthly payment. You could also extend the loan on the car to reduce the monthly payment. This would lead to you paying more in interest.

You may also want to reconsider the purchasing of a house. This house may seem affordable for the first few months, but after a while you will get tired of having to spend $900 a month plus the other expenses that come with being a homeowner.

How long do you plan on keeping the house? Closing costs and other associated fees can make homebuying a not so good choice if you plan on moving within a short period of time. I know of some people who have tried to sell a house only a year or two after buying it and were struggling to break even.

really look over your budget though, there may be some other places you can cut before having to let go of the car. things like Eating out can add up to a lot.

blown03
11-21-07, 01:39 PM
Hey guys thanks alot for the comments. The car payment and house payment doesnt really put me in a bind i guess.. I bring home about 3300 a month.. I thin kthe gf just has me talked into selling the car because honestly whereever i go someone is always asking wtf kinda Cadillac is that.. there is not 1 V anywhere around here. So i think she feels offended by it.

heavymetals
11-21-07, 01:52 PM
Tell her your getting a motorcycle to, since your finances are ok.

Has she pulled the "You think more about your car then me" crap?

I hate that when someone tells me how I should spend what I earn.

blown03
11-21-07, 02:22 PM
haha i have got the the cars more important than me line for about 2 yrs now.. and actually the hosue with taxes and insurance only ended up being 865 a month.. :-) soo now shes really pissed LOL

blown03
11-21-07, 02:40 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-CTS-CTC-V-2005-Cadillac-CTS-V_W0QQitemZ230194667497QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230 194667497

there she is guys.. i am thinking 26,000 is a good deal

heavymetals
11-21-07, 02:45 PM
soo now shes really pissed LOL

You need to get into model airplanes :hide: :histeric:

blown03
11-21-07, 03:12 PM
HAHA i used to be when i was little i was never good at putting those together

randycsvt
11-21-07, 10:08 PM
you are saying that there is a hobby that will piss my wife off more than buying expensive cars and modding them?????

You need to get into model airplanes :hide: :histeric:

heavymetals
11-21-07, 10:52 PM
you are saying that there is a hobby that will piss my wife off more than buying expensive cars and modding them?????

When they use it as a reason for the divorce you bet!

I wasn't the first or unique either.

randycsvt
11-22-07, 12:35 AM
I love the response women give me when I explain that I have a fast car with lots of horsepower.

"why do you need such a fast car when the speed limit is only 75mph?"

I always respond with, "i just enjoy getting to the speed limit faster than everybody else"

I also love the responses I get about my home theater..."Do you really need all those speakers? why dont you just turn the volume on the TV higher?"

Albertan
11-22-07, 12:49 AM
So try asking the girlfriend why she needs 50 pairs of shoes.

rekctsv
11-22-07, 02:54 AM
Hey guys thanks alot for the comments. The car payment and house payment doesnt really put me in a bind i guess.. I bring home about 3300 a month.. I thin kthe gf just has me talked into selling the car because honestly whereever i go someone is always asking wtf kinda Cadillac is that.. there is not 1 V anywhere around here. So i think she feels offended by it.
So let me get this straight, you are selling the V to make the gf happy and using the fact that you are buying a house as the reasoning for it?

Man, you are so headed down the wrong path!

rand49er
11-22-07, 05:10 AM
So try asking the girlfriend why she needs 50 pairs of shoes.:histeric: So true!

randycsvt
11-22-07, 10:26 PM
She needs 50 pairs of shoes, because each pair will only work with one outfit. If she tries to wear one pair with multiple outfits the shoes will self destruct

heavymetals
11-22-07, 11:34 PM
As long as they are all 4" to 6" stiletto heels your styling, :thumbsup:

wildwhl
11-23-07, 07:29 PM
Buying a house with a GF :nono:

WW

CTSV_Rob
11-23-07, 08:26 PM
Did that when I was young and it ended badly. Good luck.

CTSV_Rob
11-23-07, 08:29 PM
I love the response women give me when I explain that I have a fast car with lots of horsepower.

"why do you need such a fast car when the speed limit is only 75mph?"

I always respond with, "i just enjoy getting to the speed limit faster than everybody else"

I also love the responses I get about my home theater..."Do you really need all those speakers? why dont you just turn the volume on the TV higher?"
I am sorry for the comment I'm about to make and I mean nothing bad to you.

Do you have stupid friends?

Almost as bad as some of the knuckle dragers that harass me about my truck motor :hide:

randycsvt
11-24-07, 12:56 AM
I am sorry for the comment I'm about to make and I mean nothing bad to you.

Do you have stupid friends?

Almost as bad as some of the knuckle dragers that harass me about my truck motor :hide:

nope. I just have some friends with different priorities.

I know some people who believe a car is just a convenient way to get you from point A to point B. According to their logic, their is no difference between a CTS-V and a kia. They both get you to work the same, one just costs more.

I have other friends who aren't tech savy. Some people just dont see a difference between a nice home theater setup and a best buy home theater in a box for $300.