: SLS Y-Code Engine: Do I need to replace the EGR Valve? PCM?

cjahraus
11-20-07, 12:18 PM
Hey! I'm new, and this looks like an awesome forum! I've got a 1998 SLS Y-Code engine. Its giving me 3 DTC's with no apparent effect on performance, though I'm not pushing it ridiculously hard. The codes are as follows:

P0122 - TP Sensor Circuit Low Input
P0405 - EGR Position Sensor Circuit Low Input
P1404 - EGR Valve Closed Position Range/Performance

I'm VERY new to doing my own maintenance, but am confident that I'm capable of doing it right. I just don't know what to start with? Thoughts anyone? THANKS!!!

JimD
11-20-07, 05:10 PM
P0122 - TP Sensor Circuit Low InputThe Throttle Position sensor electrical connector is on the forward side of the throttle body. Be sure the wire harness is not damaged and the connector is clean, tight, and secure.

P0405 - EGR Position Sensor Circuit Low InputThe EGR valve is on the firewall side of the intake manifold on the left side of the engine (almost directly inboard of the brake master cylinder). Again, inspect the wire harness and connector.

P1404 - EGR Valve Closed Position Range/Performance It is easy enough to remove the valve to clean any carbon/coke buildup so the valve is able to move as commanded. If it is necessary to use a solvent, be carefull to not allow the solvent to enter the solenoid coil portion of the valve.

Ranger
11-20-07, 06:30 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-tech-tips/59077-how-clean-egr-valve.html