: New V owner, quick question

djmodifyd
11-20-07, 08:36 AM
Well, i picked up my 05 V yesterday! :bouncy:
It runs great and drives like a charm!

My only question is: when i shut her off, it is kind of like an "extended" shut down. Where it seems to take like 2 seconds to fully shut off.

It kinda reminds me of an old carb engine that just doesn't want to shut off even after you pull out the key.

It does stop every time, and after the same amount of time, i just want to make sure this is normal.

other then that its awesome!

Thank you

Feffman
11-20-07, 10:26 AM
DJ:

Mine runs on a bit too after shut down. Just the nature of highly tuned small block. If it seems excessive, check the sides of your oil pan to see if there's any signs of a fluid leak (spray down the side of the pan) as you may have a bad motor mount!

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com

mrwhite
11-20-07, 10:48 AM
You'll feel a little bit of vibration. Normally it's nothing too major. If it's a large vibration, your motor mounts are likely shot. When I bought my V, I just took it into the dealer and told them that I thought the motor mounts were bad. They replaced them no questions asked.

trukk
11-20-07, 12:12 PM
Well, i picked up my 05 V yesterday! :bouncy:
It runs great and drives like a charm!

My only question is: when i shut her off, it is kind of like an "extended" shut down. Where it seems to take like 2 seconds to fully shut off.

It kinda reminds me of an old carb engine that just doesn't want to shut off even after you pull out the key.

It does stop every time, and after the same amount of time, i just want to make sure this is normal.

other then that its awesome!

Thank you

Feel like the car is 'deiseling'? Absoultely for sure, at least one blown motor mount. Our cars have this great liquid filled mounts, to make things much more smootherer. IN reality all it does is lead to premature failure, and rougher idle and turn off.

I'm on my 3rd set. Get them replaced under warranty.

UUC Motorwerks , through Lindsay Cadillac is Alexandra Va, is working on a replacement part, made out of a higher durometer poly compound. They hope to be out in early '08.

Luke, parts guy at Lindsay, just posted in another thread that the mounts run about $85 each, should you need to install yourself.

-Chris