: '05 STS CD Player -to- MP3 UPGRADE?

freshchops
11-20-07, 02:45 AM
The CD player that came with my STS doesn't seem to play disc w/ MP3.
It may have came out just on the vurge of MP3 capability becoming more of a standard but I'm missing the ability to play MP3 disc.

I'm just now noticing that it's not capable of playing MP3 disc. The setup I've got is an '05 STS 1SG package that came with the 5 disc CD player / DVD player.

Is there a practical MP3 upgrade player offered through Cadillac or, if not anyone heard of successful aftermarket MP3 player installs without killing the whole cadillac system.

I'd assume it'd have to be a Cadillac deal?

Thanks!

05STSWOW
11-20-07, 05:23 PM
I burned 11 Eric Clapton albums onto a single MP3 and it played fine on my 2005 STS4 1SG. I just traded for an 2008 STS 1SG with pretty much the same options, except no AWD, but added Performance Handling Pkg. I loaded it in the new system, but I haven't listened to that disc yet. I pick my car up late today from having an E&G mesh grill and window tint installed, so I'll listen on the way home and let you know. I'm painting those big honkin' Brembo calipers red next, then I'll post pics.

AllWheelEric
11-20-07, 06:11 PM
I've also got an '05 STS 1SG and MP3 CDs work fine.

freshchops
11-20-07, 07:15 PM
YES!!! Thanks for verifying, but for some reason today I tried a newly burned disc of MP3's and it worked without a hitch, even gave the little "MP3" button top left corner where the "Source" selection is usually displayed.

VERY COOL!!!! Me car's official Perfect!

I feel stupid, but I don't know why they never worked before. It may have been the settings at which I was previously burning and finishing the disc, but works now. Off to burning more disc.......

Thanks!

45wheelgun
11-21-07, 08:07 AM
Does anyone know if an 07 without nav can play WMAs?

45wheelgun
11-21-07, 03:17 PM
Does anyone know if an 07 without nav can play WMAs?

Checked it out myself, the answer is no.