: Cost of Motor Mounts...&

Chef
11-19-07, 09:29 PM
I know Luke is probably busy but does anyone have a lead on (pricing) for new mounts until UUC comes out with theres?

Just waiting to hear on the price from my local dealer but have been turned down on the warranty....wonder why.:devil:

Cost on new motor mounts plus tranny mounts?

Also, might as well throw in a new diff price for when mine goes as well:lildevil:

DILLIGAF
11-19-07, 10:43 PM
I don't think stock motor mounts will work for you chef.You need solid mounts dude!

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-19-07, 11:09 PM
I will send you prices in the AM.

Chef
11-19-07, 11:34 PM
I don't think stock motor mounts will work for you chef.You need solid mounts dude!

I know but I got the track coming up pretty soon and need something until UUC

- Maybe I'll wrap a baseball in a sock and stuff er in:hide:

Luke is on it as we speak.

2003RC51
11-19-07, 11:36 PM
I am interested in prices too. I dont think my warranty is voided but I would rather they not remove the headers. Is there any way to get them to just give me the mounts so I can install them?

Mystical_Ice
11-20-07, 12:59 AM
i think they did that with someone else a while ago didn't they?

ewill3rd
11-20-07, 07:40 AM
You can do these without removing the factory manifolds, it is a lot easier if you remove the cats though.
I can't remember who's car I did with Headers, I think it was trukk's car.
I remember even less if I had to remove them, I think the Kooks leave enough room to do the job but it all blurs together sometimes.
I don't think I have done any customer pay mounts yet so I never looked at pricing.
I am sure Luke will send someone pricing info or post it.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-20-07, 08:47 AM
We get $82.00 each for the GM mounts (plus shipping)

Chef
11-20-07, 09:55 AM
Thanks Luke!

Mystical_Ice
11-20-07, 10:09 AM
i'd say you should at least TRY to get the dealership to give them to you :)

trukk
11-20-07, 12:05 PM
You can do these without removing the factory manifolds, it is a lot easier if you remove the cats though.
I can't remember who's car I did with Headers, I think it was trukk's car.
I remember even less if I had to remove them, I think the Kooks leave enough room to do the job but it all blurs together sometimes.
I don't think I have done any customer pay mounts yet so I never looked at pricing.
I am sure Luke will send someone pricing info or post it.

Sounds like me. I think you told me that you didn't have to remove the headers.

-Chris

Rich H
11-20-07, 09:35 PM
Skip the OEM hydraulic mounts and go with solid rubber. I have replaced the hydraulic mounts with solid rubber personally on other cars for ~$35 each from aftermarket suppliers. No noticeable increase in engine vibration and they will last a long while. Make sure they are the proper height. Much easier to replace when the cats are off and when the tranny and bell housing has been removed for a clutch job. Had to jack up the engine a few inches using a hydraulic jack placed under the oil pan with a wood block. The OEM hydraulic mounts came out in 2 pieces - pure junk.

randycsvt
11-20-07, 11:46 PM
The factory mounts are liquid filled right? This would mean they are hollow (at least partially). Has anybody thought of drilling a hole in them, getting all the fluid out, and filling them with polyurethane. You can order poly in varying hardness levels, and that might solve your problems.

Poly can be ordered from company's like mcmastercarr. You just mix the two parts together, pour the liquid in, and let is set for five minutes. You have to let it fullly cure over a weekend of so though.

I am a newb, so if this has been tried and is not possible...sorry!

Florian
11-21-07, 12:22 AM
new diff is about 1300 bux. DAMHIK

F

JMBCTSV
11-21-07, 09:03 AM
Put heat shielding skirts over the mounts when replacing. Thermal more than mechanical is the failure mode on these. Also wrap exhaust around the mid joint of the driveshaft (assuming you still have the stock one).

ewill3rd
11-21-07, 09:26 AM
I think it was yours Chris.
There is a sort of heat sheild on them, but it is pretty toasty in there, some more shielding might help.
The Devilles had big motor mount problems, Cadis answer was to add a heat shield, which helps but they still break. There is just too much pressure being exerted on them. They are bound to fail someday.
You could do like some guy did on my old '69 Camaro, put a chain on there to make sure the engine doesn't move too far with the broken mounts :histeric: