: Did I ruin my clutch?

Poopie D
11-19-07, 04:19 PM
I was being stupid the other day, (I was thinking about blaming someone else but I will take blame) and screwed up my launch. I had my clutch pedal still engaged at full throttle. It only lasted a second or two but my clucth smelled really bad! It seems ok now, and I do not really know what a bad clutch feels like...is it possible that I did damage or will I be ok?

rand49er
11-19-07, 05:24 PM
I used to have an older pickup and had to slip the clutch on a steep boat launch on a number of occasions ... the odor was quite pronounced each time. Finally, the day came when I had to replace the darn thing.

You probably will end up replacing yours a bit sooner now, but I'm sure you've got years before that'll be necessary. Of course, I say that not knowing how you drive your car.

nikon
11-19-07, 05:57 PM
when you floor it, and don't go anywhere....then it's bad......ride er' till she blows!!!!!

Twitch
11-19-07, 07:08 PM
I think the best thing to do when that happenes, is to let the clutch cool.
Years ago, I had a Starion. Forgot what I was doing, but I smelled clutch. Being young (and a dumb-ass) I kept beating on it. By the end of the night, it was totaly burnt, no drive at all.

Floor it in 5/6 gear. I think thats when you'll fell it slip, if the clutch is messed up.

JimmyH
11-19-07, 07:28 PM
I think the clutch in this car is just smelly. When I am pulling into the garage, if I slip it on and off that little bit too much to get to my little drop cord telling me where to stop, I can smell the clutch.

faylix
11-19-07, 07:30 PM
No offense, but is this your first stick car?

How old are you ?

Poopie D
11-19-07, 09:20 PM
No offense, but is this your first stick car?

How old are you ?

I was waiting for this question! It is not my first car with a stick...I think it is my 4th. I have never stalled this car...I usually shift with minimal clunk...I just screwed up.

I actually let my car sit for about 2 hours immediately after this happened as I was only 2 minutes from work. I think I should be ok...she seems to be running quite well with no slippage.

benelliwang
11-19-07, 09:33 PM
It's fine, you're fine, everbody is fine. Just drive it.

DILLIGAF
11-19-07, 09:54 PM
Your fine Poop!

I've done 2nd gear burnouts and smelled the sweet stench.

Still grabs great!

JimmyH
11-19-07, 10:59 PM
It's fine, you're fine, everbody is fine. Just drive it.

I am not fine.