: Cruise control

BobNelson
11-19-07, 01:44 PM
Yesterday, I was on the Interstate. I comes up behind this guy who is going a little slower. I push in the button a couple of times on the cruise to slow down a bit and it turns off. I turn it on and turn it of about a dozen times and it will not engage again.:( I get home and turn off the car. Later, I go to Blockbuster and I try the cruise again and it works. It hasn't screwed up again. Anybody know what could cause this??

stealthgray
11-21-07, 07:16 PM
I think I have the same problem with my 2006 STS. A few weeks ago, I could not get the Cruise Control to engage. It worked fine the next day...so I chalked it up to operator error. Then a few days ago, it failed again. I wonder if this is an issue for other owners? I plan to get in in for service, but I fear they can't fix something that works "most" of the time.

Boombottz
11-22-07, 09:10 PM
Have them run the codes. It may have thrown one that will give them a place to start.

mkailley
12-20-07, 03:45 PM
I had this problem too on my 07 v8 sts... the cruise control would simply not engage. I havnt had problems with it for months... so i didnt bother looking into it further.

TobyJohnson11
01-02-08, 10:10 PM
I just posted a new discussion about this issue but I thought I would respond on here and see if this sounds like the same problems you are having.

The problem I am having is that the cruise will not engage with the heads up display off. I realize that the ACC will not work with the HUD off, but shouldn’t I have normal cruise control? I would think that the car has normal cruise control for people who don’t use the HUD all the time?

The dealer told me that I can only use the cruise when the HUD is on, and that I don’t have normal cruise control. I don't much believe that. Also does anyone who has ACC notice if the cruise indicator light comes on when the cruise in engaged? Mine does not, I never see any kind of light on the cluster that tells me I have any type of cruise control, the dealer again said this is normal.

dkozloski
01-02-08, 10:24 PM
I just posted a new discussion about this issue but I thought I would respond on here and see if this sounds like the same problems you are having.

The problem I am having is that the cruise will not engage with the heads up display off. I realize that the ACC will not work with the HUD off, but shouldnít I have normal cruise control? I would think that the car has normal cruise control for people who donít use the HUD all the time?

The dealer told me that I can only use the cruise when the HUD is on, and that I donít have normal cruise control. I don't much believe that. Also does anyone who has ACC notice if the cruise indicator light comes on when the cruise in engaged? Mine does not, I never see any kind of light on the cluster that tells me I have any type of cruise control, the dealer again said this is normal.
What does he owner's manual say? You did get an owner's manual didn't you?

TobyJohnson11
01-02-08, 10:31 PM
Yes. I have the owner’s manual and it does not specifically address my problem. It tells all the features of the ACC and normal cruise control but it does not say that the ACC overrides the normal cruise control. I think the best way to find out its to test one that has the ACC but no dealership within 100 miles of where I live has one with ACC. Any other thoughts?