: Madddd props too doug......

nikon
11-18-07, 04:19 AM
was behing csp300000000 otnight, he decided to 'launch' it was nothin but smoke.....certainly cool shiat....I was doin the bunny hop...any csp3300000 was doing the burnou....I gotta say...looked cool, and it actially worked....KARZ STG III all the way!!!

Seattle CTS-V
11-19-07, 11:01 AM
That's what I've been saying since I got the kit!

Jon
11-19-07, 11:13 AM
One day....

Florian
11-19-07, 11:40 AM
Doug is a man of his word....I will certainly attest to that.

F

faylix
11-19-07, 02:05 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2403/2045346432_a93996c928.jpg

While he was burning out, I was already across the intersection.... lol ;)

Honestly I thought the 04/05 engine with headers+ exhaust / exhaust would blow my stock LS2 out the water... but I was pretty much just as fast.

nikon
11-19-07, 02:14 PM
^^ don't get ahead of yourself...I'm all stock and beat him too :p now we need to race :D

faylix
11-19-07, 02:53 PM
I'm just saying... I def dominated that launch.

highway it seemed to be whomever started first stayed infront. all in all the LS2 is powwwah.

nikon
11-19-07, 03:08 PM
I hear ya.....

trukk
11-19-07, 03:26 PM
Kars III is very nice, and significantly reduces the wheel hop.

Don't delude yourself that this is a fix though. It still hops, especially with sticky tires.

My bet is CPS3Billion has RSA's or something similar.

I'm not slamming Doug or his product. It's great. But he will tell you too, that it's not a fix.

With RT 615's 275's, mine still hops a bit. Amplitude is significantly reduced, frequency is still the same.

Trying to keep it real yo'z

-Chris

faylix
11-19-07, 04:56 PM

Don't delude yourself that this is a fix though. It still hops, especially with sticky tires.

I'm not slamming Doug or his product. It's great. But he will tell you too, that it's not a fix.

With RT 615's 275's, mine still hops a bit. Amplitude is significantly reduced, frequency is still the same.

-Chris

Dude you're on a rip today.

nikon
11-19-07, 05:58 PM

-Chris

he's on falken 415's I think it is.....he says it still hops some but not nearly as bad. Personally I don't drive aggressively enough to warrant it....but at least it's a step forward.

faylix
11-19-07, 07:27 PM
I'm looking into the Diff brace. I hate the shift clunk.

csp3000
11-19-07, 09:39 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2403/2045346432_a93996c928.jpg

While he was burning out, I was already across the intersection.... lol ;)

Honestly I thought the 04/05 engine with headers+ exhaust / exhaust would blow my stock LS2 out the water... but I was pretty much just as fast.

^^ don't get ahead of yourself...I'm all stock and beat him too :p now we need to race :D

Ok I just saw this thread now and both of you guys dont get ahead of yourselfs... :tisk:lol The LS6 is going in the shop on Tue for a thorough check of the engine. It seems that there might be some problems going on that will be fixed.:bomb: That being said in two weeks after everything is sorted out I will take a rematch anytime from both of you guys.:yup: Oh and by the way it was great meeting you on Sat faylix.

csp3000
11-19-07, 09:41 PM
Oh and to Doug the KARS Kit is GREAT:D Thanks for making such a great product!!!

DILLIGAF
11-19-07, 09:51 PM
The ls2 is a great truck engine,discuss

nikon
11-19-07, 10:13 PM
^^ :histeric:

JonCR96Z
11-19-07, 11:06 PM
The only thing that the LS2 has going for it is that it uses LS6 heads.

Oh the KARS subject. I wasn't really impressed when I put mine on a while back, but I will say that I beleive I pushed it harder without realizing and got the same amount of hop. Today, however, I actually tried to catch a few gears without it on (took it off to get a free diff) and the hop was horrible. It works alot better than I thought it did. Now, I just need to get the diff support bent back into shape (damn exploding diffs tear up everything) and get it back on.

Jon

peter simov
11-19-07, 11:12 PM
is there anyway i still get a kit

onebadcad
11-19-07, 11:16 PM

-Chris

Definitely not a 100% remedy, but it does give you the opportunity to put the hammer down with more comfort. I remember my constant wheelhop before my KARS III was on, and it was a joke, now it is only half-a-joke (or less).

onebadcad
11-19-07, 11:17 PM
is there anyway i still get a kit

Doug still frequents the Forum, and if you don't see him post within the next few days, ask F(lorian), as I believe he knows how to get in touch with him.

RightTurn
11-19-07, 11:32 PM
The ls2 is a great truck engine,discuss

Troublemaker. :alchi:

CTSV_Rob
11-19-07, 11:48 PM
The only thing that the LS2 has going for it is that it uses LS6 heads.

Oh the KARS subject. I wasn't really impressed when I put mine on a while back, but I will say that I beleive I pushed it harder without realizing and got the same amount of hop. Today, however, I actually tried to catch a few gears without it on (took it off to get a free diff) and the hop was horrible. It works alot better than I thought it did. Now, I just need to get the diff support bent back into shape (damn exploding diffs tear up everything) and get it back on.

Jon
Man you guys are funny. The best part is I am thinking about putting the L92 heads on mine (Truck motor heads) and that will be the end of the best part of my motor according to Jon. Some of you LS6 guys are living in fantasy land. With the L92 heads and a cam you pick up some serious HP AND torque. I love torque and that is were the LS2 shines.

LS2, L92 :thumbsup:

trukk
11-20-07, 10:52 AM
Dude you're on a rip today.

LOL, after like 5 wise ass posts in a row yesterday, I was thinking the same thing. Trying to keep it lively here. :D

Definitely not a 100% remedy, but it does give you the opportunity to put the hammer down with more comfort. I remember my constant wheelhop before my KARS III was on, and it was a joke, now it is only half-a-joke (or less).

:werd::yeah:

-Chris

faylix
11-20-07, 11:05 AM
So they are still sort of availible? interesting....

JonCR96Z
11-20-07, 06:14 PM
Man you guys are funny. The best part is I am thinking about putting the L92 heads on mine (Truck motor heads) and that will be the end of the best part of my motor according to Jon. Some of you LS6 guys are living in fantasy land. With the L92 heads and a cam you pick up some serious HP AND torque. I love torque and that is were the LS2 shines.

LS2, L92 :thumbsup:

I stand corrected, the best thing about LS2s is that you can put L92 heads on them. Damn 3.90 bore LS6 :banghead:. I was wrong anyway the LS2 heads aren't as good as LS6s, we have better valves.

Jon

ahahnu
11-20-07, 07:03 PM
As far as I know Doug stopped fabricating them for now. I'm sure if demand rises enough you never know.

trukk
11-21-07, 08:58 AM
As far as I know Doug stopped fabricating them for now. I'm sure if demand rises enough you never know.

I scored mine from another forum member who was parting out his car. I lucked out and got it fresh in the box, never installed.

I think Doug was a bit ahead of his time in regards to this mod. He introduced it when almost everyone was still under warranty, and when not a lot of guys were doing a lot of modding (respectively speaking). I didn't consider one, untill I was about to go off warranty, and new I couldn't just pop into Lindsay for a replacement diff, if needed.

Now that our cars are getting older, and more and more are starting to drop off warranty, I think demand for a solution such as this cradle kit it going to begin to climb. Hopefully Doug can get back into the business. His product is definately a quality piece, and is a good (albeit not total) solution to a crappy problem.

-Chris