: So you want to tune your V?

wildwhl
11-17-07, 09:19 PM
Ladies -

laptop, tuning software, 4 licenses (I think) and a WB02 (can communicate with EFILive, bitchin' as it is). I know I'm not going to use these as the dust level is thick.

StealthV - is it legal/OK for me to sell this stuff?

How much - recommendations/offers please :)

WW

heavymetals
11-17-07, 09:55 PM
Let me know.

Reed is flakey so I have problems borrowing his.

StealthV
11-18-07, 01:56 AM
WW - Is this your original V1? Or did you upgrade to the V2 cable?

Four licences? Hmm...plug in the cable, fire up the tuning software, in the top toolbar click Help > Flashscan V1 (or V2) Licensing. The screen that pops up will tell how many unused PCM licenses.

Yes, it is legal to sell it. I'd recommend a nice little bill of sale with the EFILive serial number for the new seller to avoid any future hassles.

I'm interested in your WBO2 for my project L92. :thumbsup:

ZEUSROTTY
11-18-07, 02:02 AM
i would be interested...

nikon
11-18-07, 04:15 AM
Free sht is cooll.........fo shixxle...

rock out, with your sport gille out

wildwhl
11-18-07, 12:02 PM
Both cables, and I'll plug in and check the licenses. I had purchased 6 and used two, so should be 4 left.

How much?

WW

TXSilverV
11-18-07, 03:36 PM
I will buy it as long as it's a good price. I need my new engine tuned anyway so I would at least have to pay that. Shoot me a PM with a price and I'll paypal it or ship a money order.

rand49er
11-18-07, 03:43 PM
Interested here, too, ... but too many in front of me. Aw heck, I'm plumb broke now anyway. :crybaby:

wildwhl
11-18-07, 09:04 PM
OK - the WB02 is a PLX M-300 and they're available for $300 new on Ebay. NOTE - GIVEN THAT I MOVED RECENTLY I CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT I CAN FIND THE O2 SENSOR ITSELF. I DO HAVE THE HARNESS AND CONTROL UNIT IN HAND. THE SENSORS ARE ABOUT $75 http://shop.edoperformance.com/plx-bosch-wideband-sensor-replacement-p-6766.html?osCsid=133ba602e5bea793b72e03ccc24c87bb. IF I FIND IT (I CAN PICTURE WHERE IT IS AT THE SHOP) I'LL INCLUDE IT AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE!

The software is EFI Live Flashscan and Tune V2 - $749 new with two additional unused licenses for four total (the two additional are $99 each) - http://www.efilive.com/pc-61-22-flashscan-v2-scan-and-tune.aspx

I'll have to clear the laptop off, and, of course, wipe out all remnants of a StealthV tune. If you want one - you need to contact Mr. StealthV himself. The laptop is Toshiba Satellite A70/75 or something - blue case - heavy (compared to my Mac's) 2.8ghz P4 with like 1/2 gig RAM, IIRC. Think I paid like $1500 3 years ago or so. Includes a nice case, power supply, and there just might be software on it. I never really was that good at the install/uninstall wizard :canttalk:

So let's see - that's $2750 of stuff new and you all know what an ******* I am about used crap - how about $1,000 shipped?

(I can post pics tomorrow, as well as ship via FedEx for delivery prior to Turkey Day weekend - let the fun begin)

WW

heavymetals
11-18-07, 10:55 PM
You might be better off on ebay I was gonna offer less then half of that.

wildwhl
11-18-07, 11:01 PM
No worries, HM. Piece it out on Ebay/LS1Tech/EFILive forums for well over what I'm offering to my V-brethren. I'll give it a day or two ;)

Techinically, it is <30% of my original purchase prices to boot (I bought and am including 2 versions of EFILive). Take the laptop out of the equation for $500 less?

WW

wildwhl
11-18-07, 11:28 PM
Digging through stuff I realized I have a spare Passport 8500 x50 too...make me an offer I can't refuse. In the case with manual.

WW

wildwhl
11-19-07, 08:40 PM
x50 gone...the rest still available (remember, you can tune most any GM product with this!).

WW

thebigjimsho
11-19-07, 09:07 PM
Digging through stuff I realized I have a spare Passport 8500 x50 too...make me an offer I can't refuse. In the case with manual.

WWI'll sell you a sledgehammer for $10 plus shipping. You know what to do...

wildwhl
11-19-07, 09:16 PM
BJ -

I know what to do - but I'm not sure how I hit your fingers/toes from here?

That x50 saved my ass in the V more times than I can count/remember. I have three, and swear by them, for without them, my license would not be.

WW

CTSV_Rob
11-19-07, 11:50 PM
Still have the EFI live SW?

wildwhl
11-20-07, 12:01 AM
Still have the EFI live SW?

:yup:

wildwhl
11-21-07, 12:07 AM
Some of you have asked for pics to verify the *authenticity* of my offer.

Here they are (WB02 omitted intentionally, I'm sure you know what it looks like)

WW

CTSV_Rob
11-21-07, 12:57 AM
Payment sent.

NormV
11-21-07, 09:46 AM
Congrats Rob! Welcome to the self-tuner world!

Norm

The Tony Show
11-21-07, 10:17 AM
Whoever questioned WW's integrity should be punched in the head.

Congrats on the tuner, Rob. :thumbsup:

CTSV_Rob
11-21-07, 10:38 AM
Thanks Guy's (and especially bill), looking forward to tweaking the V.

thebigjimsho
11-21-07, 03:52 PM
Whoever questioned WW's integrity should be punched in the head.

Congrats on the tuner, Rob. :thumbsup:Too bad I'm the only one to give good feedback...

wildwhl
11-21-07, 03:56 PM
Nobody (that mattered) questioned my integrity...but I am a prick... :thumbsup:

WW

wildwhl
11-22-07, 11:28 AM
Ctsvrob - Enjoy!

Ww

CTSV_Rob
11-22-07, 03:37 PM
Too bad I'm the only one to give good feedback...

+1

Ctsvrob - Enjoy!

Ww

I am like a kid waiting for xmas. Thanks for getting it out so quickly WW!

CTS-VR.

CTSV_Rob
12-01-07, 02:38 PM
Well I have gotten everything and I mean EVERYTHING from WW and I am very very happy.

I am glad I did not negotiate with Bill over the package because it was everything and I must say more then I expected. It is in my nature to do this but I am sooooo glad I didn't even try with Bill.

I have upgraded the software to the latest to read my ECM and have upgraded the hand held to the latest firmware and so far everythin is going smoothly.

I have started the software and looked inside and I figured out one thing right away, I need to read before I start ANYTHING.

Oh what an adventure this will be, it's like mixing Video games with a Car, can there be anything better then this? I know some of you are going to say sex but naaaaaa.

I am a programmer and I can tell this is not for the weak hearted. It will be quite fun to learn and I'm looking forward to it but I do realize this should be left to the professionals. If your not and you are not doing this for fun then call StealthV, he will do you right.

Stay Tuned....

P.S. Great doing Business with WW for a lot of reasons
- quick shipment
- things as promised or better!,
- If there are any problems He will work with you to resolve

So far Luke at Lindsay, Rick (StealthV), and Bill (WildWhl) Have been top notch vendors and I would have to say the best I have ever dealt with. If you get a chance to work with then you will not regret it in the least.

Wonderful forum and run well so another thanks goes out to Sal (Lord Cadillac).

wildwhl
12-01-07, 04:03 PM
Glad to hear you're happy, Rob. BTW - tuning seems like a lot (and it is) but broken into bits it CAN be digested, most especially with some help from those that know more than me :canttalk:

WW