: ANOTHER coolant leak!!!

blow03ss
11-17-07, 07:00 PM
This is getting old. I just had the radiator replaced 2 weeks ago when it started leaking after the first cam swap. So today Im out for some driving on some nice Jersey back roads and now I have another coolant leak. I could smell it as I got back into the car and then once I hit 95 I got the check coolant level message. So I pull over and see the belt is wet and the tank is almost empty. I guess Im going to the dealer on Monday. From what the TSB says, high rpm's for a sustained time will yield a leaking radiator tank.

BTW this was the first time I got to drive the car hard after the cam swap, damn this thing is FUN!

Staxxin
11-18-07, 01:43 PM
I went through 4 before they finally got it fixed. There were a number of variations and fixes to correct the issue. Try another dealer, if you feel spunky, take a trek to Lindsay- they’ll address it.

Glad to hear you’re pleased with the car.

atdeneve
11-19-07, 02:59 PM
Nice Jersey back roads? Where?

blow03ss
11-19-07, 06:24 PM
Are you kidding me, out towards Princeton and Pennington. I found some stuff that will make your ass pucker! What a blast.

BTW the lower rad hose had a whole in it, and nobody has one.....can you believe that crap. I had to order it.

tx_metabaron
11-19-07, 08:10 PM
Are you kidding me, out towards Princeton and Pennington. I found some stuff that will make your ass pucker! What a blast.

BTW the lower rad hose had a whole in it, and nobody has one.....can you believe that crap. I had to order it.

got my radiator replaced 6 months ago.
Still leaked, they found the hose was not fully reconnected.
it apparently did not stop the root cause because I got the low level warning again today...
I'm going to have to check this myseld,I'm tired of feeding the V Hexcool.

(nice pic :) )

atdeneve
11-21-07, 12:38 PM
Ah, that's a bit south for me. I wouldn't really want to go a two hour drive to central Jersey just to scout for nice roads, not even really knowing where they are. When I was in school though, I do remember a whole lot of that area like being out in the boonies. Might as well have been in south Jersey. Lots of farm land, open fields, and what not. Does make for nice places to go for a jaunt though. Where exactly are these back roads, in case I do wander over into that area?