: New STS owner

45wheelgun
11-17-07, 05:46 PM
Well after a week or so dealing with buying a new car, I just purchased a 2007 V8 STS in Diamond White. A GM company car with 5k miles on it.

The guys over in the CTS-V forum were instramental in helping me with my purchase.

I am really loving it.

I just wanted in introduce myself.

If anyone has any "dress up" suggestions I am all ears!

Dave

Number 3
11-18-07, 10:54 AM
Hott car....good work!

lbwd
11-18-07, 01:26 PM
I like the avatar. Congratulations on the new STS; that's awesome! When my '96 dies, I'm going '05-'07. There are some very nice looking body kits for the STS (which is why I want one) and rims always look good on the newer STS. My '96 doesn't look good w. any rim other than stock. It does look good and is a hell of a head-turner though. :)

Oh yeah! Almost forgot: WINDOW TINT -- it's one of the best things you can do to a car. A tint will look EXCELLENT on the White Diamond STS. That's the first thing I'd do. Go for around 25-30% all the way (except windshield). Not only will it look 100% better, it'll protect the interior and your eyes.

Show us some photos when possible. :thumbsup:

Boombottz
11-18-07, 06:08 PM
Welcome and congrats. I agree with the tint, but I haven't seen any rims that compliment the STS better than the original, be it 17" or 18". I am personally considering smoke tail lights for my '05 smoke grey STS. And nice avitar indeed...but I will stay with the venerable .357.:thumbsup:

loman
11-19-07, 12:18 PM
Doesn`t the owners manual state not to tint the windows because the gps
may not work properly ( if the car is so equipped ).
I agree tinting makes the car look good, but when i move my son`s car
with tinted windows , they obscure my vision. I like the look , buts it`s not
for me.

2007slade
11-19-07, 05:48 PM
cool

2007slade
11-19-07, 05:48 PM
Welcome and congrats. I agree with the tint, but I haven't seen any rims that compliment the STS better than the original, be it 17" or 18". I am personally considering smoke tail lights for my '05 smoke grey STS. And nice avitar indeed...but I will stay with the venerable .357.:thumbsup:

smoke taillights are the bom

MARKVIII
11-19-07, 06:34 PM
I have the same car as you do only in crimson red pearl..there are several things i would like to do but the prices they are getting for parts are crazy. i would love a new grill but at $400 they can stick it in there you know what. also some chrome accents would be nice. the only thing i might do to it is new wheels when my tires wear out. i think the car looks good right from the factory.

TSS
11-19-07, 07:01 PM
Doesn`t the owners manual state not to tint the windows because the gps
may not work properly ( if the car is so equipped ).

That is hogwash. Let me clairify. The manual may state that, but it is hogwash. My SRX worked fine with Nav and tint. All my handheld GPS units work fine with tint. All the folks on the Lade forum with NAV and tint have no problems.

Caroutisine
11-19-07, 08:09 PM
Tint has no effect on my 2005.

Onalaska
11-19-07, 08:44 PM
The GPS antenna in the 2005 and up STS is mounted under the dash pad so as long as you don't tint your windshield you will not have a problem.

Boombottz
11-19-07, 10:07 PM
The owners manual states....that METALLIC tint may interfere if installed in the rear window.

z06bigbird
11-20-07, 12:03 AM
Curb feelers, fuzzy dice, cat in rear window with lighted eyes.

Makes you look hip, man.

Old farts will stop and talk. Younger members will admire your car with a big "HUH????"

RIP00DTS
11-20-07, 06:04 PM
I had 5% tint on all my STS windows except the windshield, tinting in no way will affect your GPS

lbwd
11-20-07, 08:02 PM
The GPS antenna in the 2005 and up STS is mounted under the dash pad so as long as you don't tint your windshield you will not have a problem.

Precisely.

The owners manual states....that METALLIC tint may interfere if installed in the rear window.

And as we know, metallic tint is different from regular tint. That shit's found only on Honda vehicles and other similar rice pods.

I had 5% tint on all my STS windows except the windshield, tinting in no way will affect your GPS

Damn. 5% is a very dark tint and I bet it looks real good. :cool2:

45wheelgun
11-21-07, 05:33 AM
Thanks for the welcome everyone.:bouncy:

I have read back to September of 2006 in this forum (30+ pages). Lots of information here.

I am 46 so according to another thread that makes me "old". (just not DTS old)

Nice to be here.

Tint, clear bra are going to be done next week. I had not considered smoked tail lights. Anyone have a picture of theirs?

I am a true S&W fan so you get no arguement from me over .357.

Curb feelers, fuzzy dice, cat in rear window with lighted eyes.

Makes you look hip, man.

Old farts will stop and talk. Younger members will admire your car with a big "HUH????"

I love it, thanks for the welcome. I always prefered the dog with the bobbing head to the car with the lighted eyes. Also the dealer tossed in a case of crown air freshners.

When I picked the car up, I asked for the deed to the road, as I understand you own the road that your car is driving on at any given moment.

Does it effect the auto dimming mirror? It has been so long since I considered tinting a vehicle, I am not sure how dark I want to go. I was thinking 35% 5% is limo tint?

Boombottz
11-21-07, 08:51 PM
I posted a request for pics of the smoke tailights in another formum and nothing yet. I also posted a link with a pic of the lights but not on the car. If you don't mind....post your experience with the clear bra install. So far our biggest tint shop here in MD is asking between $400 to $700 for the bra, depending on the package level.

Bikedude
11-22-07, 12:47 PM
I bought a brand new 05 V8 this summer in black and the first thing I did was to get the windows tinted, put a rear deck spoiler on, and I blacked out the grille. Next up was the Corsa mufflers and the Sirius Radio install. I then took off those crap tires and went with some Blizzak M-22's for the winter on all four corners. This spring I'll go with some 20in. Wheels and summer treads, and prolly a mesh grille from D3. Still waiting for a CAI, if they ever come up with one!

LuvMyV8
11-26-07, 09:17 AM
I have 15% tint rear and a little lighter on the front windows and my GPS and mirror dimming work fine.