: SERVICE THEFT SYSTEM-help!!!!!

harryctsv
11-17-07, 03:57 PM
Hi there,
as some of you know I own a 07 STS V8 export model.

Since about two months I get after starting the engine after "Driver 1" and my name the "Service theft sytem". I went in at my dealership and they replaced the hood lock with the sensor but still the same.

My dealer told me now that`s something wrong with the electrical system and wont me to bring in the car for 1 or 2 days. Is there any other way to handle this problem?

Thank you

Harry

harryctsv
11-21-07, 02:49 PM
Hi there,
as some of you know I own a 07 STS V8 export model.

Since about two months I get after starting the engine after "Driver 1" and my name the "Service theft sytem". I went in at my dealership and they replaced the hood lock with the sensor but still the same.

My dealer told me now that`s something wrong with the electrical system and wont me to bring in the car for 1 or 2 days. Is there any other way to handle this problem?

Thank you

Harry
It seems i`m the only one with this problem:hide:

Harry

Kadonny
11-21-07, 05:57 PM
You must be, I never heard of it Harry.

Personally? I wouldn't mess with it, take it to the dealer and let them find the problem. Have you tried to use the Driver2 fob and see if it still does it?

Sorry I can't help any more than that.

harryctsv
11-22-07, 01:31 PM
You must be, I never heard of it Harry.

Personally? I wouldn't mess with it, take it to the dealer and let them find the problem. Have you tried to use the Driver2 fob and see if it still does it?

Sorry I can't help any more than that.
Kadonny, good idea but didn`t help, first message after starting the engine is
"service theft system"

Thank you

Harry

Bikedude
11-22-07, 01:42 PM
I had the same problem with the Hood Lock Sensor. It went bad while I was on vacation in N.C. Dealer replaced the hood latch, and I haven't had a problem since, but I had the same symptoms as you did. It seemed that moisture would trip the faulty latch sensor. Again, no prob. since replacement. I would let the dealer have your car, and get a free loaner while they fix the prob.

harryctsv
11-23-07, 04:50 AM
I had the same problem with the Hood Lock Sensor. It went bad while I was on vacation in N.C. Dealer replaced the hood latch, and I haven't had a problem since, but I had the same symptoms as you did. It seemed that moisture would trip the faulty latch sensor. Again, no prob. since replacement. I would let the dealer have your car, and get a free loaner while they fix the prob.
Thank you Bikedude!
but they changed the hood latch with the sensor already but after starting the car the same message appears.

I might go for a V since they now available here in Germany - would be an easy way to get rid of this problem.:thumbsup:

Harry

ewill3rd
11-23-07, 07:44 AM
I haven't seen that issue on STS. I am sure the dealer will have to check codes and trace it that way.
I don't see any bulletins or anything like that.

CTS11723
12-06-07, 11:21 AM
This past Sunday, while driving from Chicago to Albany, NY, this happened to me ('05 STS). There were 2 messages: HOOD AJAR and SERVICE THEFT SYSTEM. We had to listen to that damn thing beeping on and off for hours.
It's at the dealer right now being looked at along with a list of many other problems. Also had message to service airbag a couple of weeks ago.

harryctsv
12-06-07, 12:45 PM
This past Sunday, while driving from Chicago to Albany, NY, this happened to me ('05 STS). There were 2 messages: HOOD AJAR and SERVICE THEFT SYSTEM. We had to listen to that damn thing beeping on and off for hours.
It's at the dealer right now being looked at along with a list of many other problems. Also had message to service airbag a couple of weeks ago.
Hi CTS11723, still have had no time to bring it to my dealer but no beeping on mine and no HOOD AJAR.
After each start I only get the message "SERVICE THEFT SYSTEM" and I got used too to push the reset button and it`s gone, till the next start.

Harry

DutchJ&M
04-26-11, 09:44 AM
Pitty that harryctsv got banned, LOL.
Now we will never know if he got this problem fixed