: Any LS2 guys running a FAST 90?

Me Wanna A V
11-17-07, 11:15 AM
Just curious what needs to be altered in order to fit it on the LS2.

I know the LS2 GTO's require spacing out the power steering pump and the adapter kit for the fuel rails and injector o-rings.

Anyone?

Gary

1badjimmy
11-17-07, 11:21 AM
I do know that the MAP sensor will be moved to the rear of the intake. You might/will have to get an extension harness for that. That is about all I positively know, sorry. My V is LS6 and the wiring harness for my Jimmy was made for the MAP at the rear.

CTSV_Rob
11-17-07, 12:06 PM
The LS2 intake is pretty efficent. Instead of going through the hassles and cost of putting a different manifold on have you considered just porting the stock setup?

Whisler151 posted a thread on a guy that would do the throttle body and the intake for less then what it would cost for the Fast intake.

Just a thought.

Me Wanna A V
11-17-07, 02:07 PM
Actually, the LS2 intake is garbage! There's tons of talk on LS1Tech and even articles in HotRod magazine that tested all the LS intakes (LS1, LS6, LS2 and FAST 90) and it is very restrictive.

LS2Portworks.com offers a ported LS2 intake that he claims will give you about 10 rwhp and 10 rwtq for a decent price. However, people have swapped out their ported LS2 intakes and spent the approximate $800 for the FAST 90 and pick up another 10-15 rwhp on top of the ported intake. :eek:

About the MAP sensor, I did forget to mention that. Yes, it does need to be relocated to the rear. The GTO guys are just un-raveling the electrical tape at the MAP harness and there's enough wire to just run it to the back and then re-taping it back up.

CTSV_Rob
11-17-07, 02:33 PM
I haven't invested too much time into the intake because it's gone when the supercharger goes on.

If it's true you can gain up to 25HP In an intake swap I would be interested to get one while waiting. I think that might be a bit of a pipe dream though.

austin
11-17-07, 08:54 PM
On stock motors the gain would hardly be noticable, but done right could still be worth it.. You really need headers at the very least to show a decent dyno gain.

That is why some places post dyno results with there ported intakes on cars with headers.. Please don't be fooled by this!!! The gains will not be the same for a car without headers.

*If you have headers, cam & heads that's a differant story. :)

JonCR96Z
11-18-07, 12:01 AM
You might be wrong on these claims. I made 372rwhp and 363 rwtq with just a FAST 90, TPiS 90mm TB, and an electric water pump. Thats on an LS6, the LS2 has more potential since it is bigger. Get the FAST ported and its 5-10 rwhp more, depending on other mods. They actually claim that the porting increases velocity along with volume so more low end power is gained as well as top end power.

I would find out what is required to do the swap, and get the stock TB ported.

Jon

Me Wanna A V
11-18-07, 11:53 AM
Jon:

What modifications did you have to make to get the FAST 90 to fit on your car?

JonCR96Z
11-18-07, 06:01 PM
I have an LS6. So its pretty much the same. I rigged a better grommet to hold the MAP sensor in better and I had to bend the mounting tabs on the fuels line a little, but otherwise no modifications were required. I just can't see us having to move the power steering pump, but I think you are right about the other mods that you have to do.

Naf
11-26-07, 06:05 AM
Just curious what needs to be altered in order to fit it on the LS2.

I know the LS2 GTO's require spacing out the power steering pump and the adapter kit for the fuel rails and injector o-rings.

Anyone?

Gary

I read about that in my search to see if a LS2 fuel line will fit our LS6s...

You will need LS1 bottom o-rings for the holes are smaller on the FAST/LS6 intakes. Also the holes for the rails might not line up perfectly, you may have to bolt and washer hold them in place.

You will have to relocate the MAP sensor to the rear, simply unwrap the tape and it should reach...

In regards to the power steerin pump i am blank, but you may have to...

Dont expect any power increases before 4000rpm...Thats where the FAST proves to be less restrictive...